Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pitbull/Wold Hybrid mix Puppy

Hey guys, I do not have this dog but very tempted to take it before it ends up in the wrong hands. This girl is local and just got the puppy TODAY! and is already getting "rid" of it. It is supposedly 7 weeks old... but looks older in the pic. She says her boyfriend wants a "real" pitbull SO I offered to help find it a home.

I think its really messed up to rehome her because she is a mutt... I am not sure if she is truly a hybrid but there is no tellling. She is a cute little bugger from the pics!

If anyone can help let me know

OMG he is cute!!! But I would honestly take him in if I thought he could be a hybrid, because that could really become a dangerous dog in the wrong hands. Hope you can get him and find him a home who can really care for him.

Images
    Tell the girl to "grow some" and get a "new boyfriend" and keep the dog...sorry sac of "...."

She is a cutie :)

I'd be more inclined to believe he has some sort of Norther breed heritage rather then Wolf though, simply because so few 'Hybrids' are actually the real deal. Especially when you are getting them from just some person down the street. For what it's worth, I honestly hope that's the case. As you said though, there isn't an easy way of knowing - they come in such a variety of looks.

Sounds like the women who has her isn't too responsible, so I hope you can find this little girl a home fast.

Good luck and do keep us updated.
    Last edited by Dakota Spirit; 06-21-2008 at 09:55 PM.

Ya I want to take her in but I currently have a foster dog annie right now who has taken longer to home then expected.

She wants puppy gone by monday so I am workinghard to find someoene who wants her. I have more pics I will post soon... this puppy is NOT 7 weeks old like she says there is no way

That dogs SCREAMS husky...not wolf.
    And yeah...I'd tell her to dump the guy and get a "REAL" boyfriend.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Spirit View Post
    She is a cutie :)

I'd be more inclined to believe he has some sort of Norther breed heritage rather then Wolf though, simply because so few 'Hybrids' are actually the real deal. Especially when you are getting them from just some person down the street. For what it's worth, I honestly hope that's the case. As you said though, there isn't an easy way of knowing - they come in such a variety of looks.

Sounds like the women who has her isn't too responsible, so I hope you can find this little girl a home fast.

Good luck and do keep us updated.
    I agree

Also sounds like this person needs to start thinking on their own and being responsible instead of letting her BF run her decision making.

I can't stand when people do things like that....

The pup also looks older than what she claims in that pict.

I hope she ends up in a good home

I would try to find a sanctuary near you that takes in wolves and wolf hybrids.

I don't know anything about these people, but check them out. They are in Nashville, TN.
    Spirit Wolf Creek

I know of one in NC. It would be quite a drive, but it would be better for it.
    Full Moon Farm, Inc.
    Last edited by CoolHandJean; 06-22-2008 at 10:38 AM.

If you are helping her, please have the dog spayed before rehoming it.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWPBR View Post
    If you are helping her, please have the dog spayed before rehoming it.
    Oh, that is a really good, REALLY important point. Especially given her mix. It won't matter if she is or isn't Wolf at that point - there are no doubt people out there willing to take advantage of it.

i love the look of that dog i wish i could take her :(

12. Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel View Post
    That dogs SCREAMS husky...not wolf.
    And yeah...I'd tell her to dump the guy and get a "REAL" boyfriend.
    yea, I agree with this.

And if it IS a hybrid, that dog needs to be with someone who knows about the hybrids. Hybrids are not for everyone.
    Last edited by Michele; 06-22-2008 at 01:17 PM.

I'm a firm believer that wolf dogs aren't for ANYONE in the public. I had to put a fair few down at the humane society and it was always the same story. Dog hit sexual maturity and went wild. There are very solid biological reasons for this.
    You have a domestic animal and a wild animal trapped in one body. Once the brain becomes mature, you have those two "personalities", if you will, constantly trying to overthrow one another. They are incredibly unstable because of this, and we all know wild animals don't make good pets! When you have a wolf dog, your chances of them being more wild than domestic are better than average.
    But, again, that animal doesn't look wolf to me at all. LOTS of so-called hybrids have always been husky or malamute because the traits are so similar, but that looks like a red husky to me.

Well good luck! I hope she finds a good home, or place to stay if she is in fact a hybrid.

I hope I can help her but she has not contacted me back yet :(

ERGHergh its like p$#@! the pup! I get so frustrated sometimes guys

I try to help even thought I thought the situation was SOOO WRONG! But I hope one day people will learn

http://easttnpets.com/yak/index.php?topic=1994.0

Location-BRK's house hahaha! Live in South Valley 'Burque
    I didn't think hybrids could breed? is it a wolf pit bull cross not a wolf hybrid pit bull cross?????

Quote Originally Posted by Friski63 View Post
    I didn't think hybrids could breed? is it a wolf pit bull cross not a wolf hybrid pit bull cross?????
    Wolf Hybrids are really just Wolf/Dog crosses and you better bet they can breed. The word Hybrid isn't really used in the same as sense as say it might be for a Mule. These animals are fully capable of breeding.

Wolf hybrids are also illegal to own in many areas, I know they are in CA, so have her check into that as well. She may be required by law to turn it over to fish and game or some other agency.

You can tell the hybrids pretty easily though. No domesticated animal moves like a wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai_77 View Post
    Wolf hybrids are also illegal to own in many areas, I know they are in CA, so have her check into that as well. She may be required by law to turn it over to fish and game or some other agency
    That's a REALLY good point!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast