Diamond dog food

What is everyone's take on Diamond large breed puppy and puppy foods?

Large Breed Puppy Food - Diamond Pet Foods

Use this website: Dog Food Reviews | Dog Food Ratings

Helps a lot when trying to get a good idea of what you are feeding your dog.

Too much grain for my tastes

That site is awsomesauce. I'm in love with the blue wilderness puppy.

BLUE Buffalo Wilderness - Natural Evolutionary Chicken Diet for Puppies * Grain Free

You just saved me from making a major mistake. Apparently diamond puppy is garbage. The "grenade" of puppy food. Lmfao

Wilderness is pretty good stuff. Now, a little tip. If you go to Petsmarts/Petcos on some Saturdays or Sundays around mid day there are sometimes Blue Buffalo reps and they will pretty much throw coupons at you if it means that you'll walk out of there with a bag of it that day. Coupons aren't half bad either, usually $5 off ones

That's good to know. I live less then 2 miles from both. Finally something to do with my weekend other then study.

On another note I'm really feeling this Evo canned food. What do yous think?

EVO Canned Dog Food | Review and Rating

I'm a sucker for words like "amazing" and "excellent" in reviews. It gives a feeling of confidence in the product.

What are the best treats to train a puppy with?

I think I'll go with innova evo the dry wet and treats.

As far as treats, I just give my dogs hotdogs occasionally but very rarely (hot dog PEICES) and when training, I just use pieces of their kibble. I give them kongs with peanut butter in them every other night, and the alternating nights I put the kong treats in them. I also feed my dogs TOTW and have only been pleased with it. Solid poops, shiny fur, and it digests just fine. And it's 50 bucks for like, a HUGE bag. Petsmart and Petco don't sell it though, so if you look into it, you will have to use the website to find a dealer near you.

I used to feed the Diamond food and it was fine, then overnight it went to crap. You never knew what you were getting from one bag to the next, the dogs weren't looking as good and cleaning the kennels was like cleaning up after dinosaurs. Apparently they went from mixing all their ingredients together in the food to making a mostly grain kibble and spraying whatever else it is on top of it, that's why it doesn't stay consistent.

yea Diamond food is crap, Diamond NATURAL food is decent, 4 health is a bit better and TOTW ROCKS...all made by the same Diamond company lol

TotW has tomato pomace in it. Innovas Evo does not. I'm gonna try that first. With any luck first time is a charm. Barb posted a link that helped me a lot. I feel like a dog nutritionist

Unoriginal gave me that link, I think, back when I first got here. It's really a wonderful tool.

Well thank you both very much. I have learned a lot from that site. Amazing is what it truly is. I feel good I'm not going to mess my dogs stomach up. Innovas dog food smells good lmao

Images
    I feed Diamond Naturals or a mix of Diamond Naturals and 4Health. Have also fed a mix of Diamond Naturals and Diamond when i was really broke. Dogs did fine but the DN/Diamond mix gave them a little gas.

17. I've fed the regular Diamond (Diamond Premium Adult) for years to several different dogs from young to very old. Never had a problem.

I do supplement with all kinds of human food goodies and maybe a couple of chicken quarters a week; but the basis of the diet is Diamond.

Carla

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DancesWithCurs View Post
    Wilderness is pretty good stuff. Now, a little tip. If you go to Petsmarts/Petcos on some Saturdays or Sundays around mid day there are sometimes Blue Buffalo reps and they will pretty much throw coupons at you if it means that you'll walk out of there with a bag of it that day. Coupons aren't half bad either, usually $5 off ones
    Very good tip there DWC! I haven't been to either store since I started buying TOTW from my specialty kibble store. I think one of them might be selling TOTW, but I like my specialty store because I always know the kibble is fresh and not old. As long as they are open, I will use them, if they ever close, I guess I'll be trekking to Memphis! :(

That site is great for comparing kibble. :)

19. I think Diamond is good mid-priced food. No, it is not grain free, but grain free food is fairly new and who knows what they will be saying about it in 10 years. I would feed all raw myself instead of paying 60 dollars for a bag of food. However, all raw is not practical with multiple dogs.

For treats I sometimes use animal crackers, pieces of TURKEY dogs, and usually just homemade treats- look up recipes, if you have the time it can save a lot and YOU know whats in them!