Thread: Fort Collins Co

Fort Collins Co

So ive been offered a really good job in ft collins. I was wondering if everyone lived around the area and could tell me the good and bad about the city and what not. Thanks!!

Colorado? Be ware of the service men, I have heard some crazy stories about that base, people(service men) just going out and getting drunk and popping random people or people they know..

Plus its Colorado, and it generally sucks, lots of drugs if your into that, but not really ANYTHING to do.

haha your so positive.. I was an MP in the marines so drunk servicemen dont bother me. I have always loved CO the mountains and outdoor stuff are amazing. I work for the USGS so the outdoors are pretty much my life. Ive heard bad BSL $#@! there but it seems to be mainly in Denver.

Lol thats just what I have heard, I have a friend who lives in Grand Junction and her husband is out here right now, known them for like 10 years and thats all that I have heard on CO lol not trying to be a negative nancy but lol

Well from what I know that base has the highest PTSD ratings and they over medicate them with sleep aids and stuff and pretty much make them even more insane, again coming from Army men I know, not like I have lived there, but word gets around.

Now I will go right with you on that, I wanted to go to a school in CO and live there, because its probably one of the best outdoors states in the county and absolutely gorgeous.

Second that, I have heard they are super bad in Denver with the BSL, so I would be careful and check and make sure there isnt any where your going, or where you will be driving through.

Any state can suck, but all I have heard were bad stories, and stupid people comments about CO, doesnt take away from the more rural places that are awesome though, I would move there in the mountains in a heart beat if I could!

haha its all good.. I honestly have heard the same things about the soldiers out that way. But it is the Army soo... And if i do take the job my house will be in the mountains. I spoke with animal control about BSL and they said there is absolutely no bsl in the Ft Collins area. They told me that traveling shouldnt be a huge problem as long as i dont have my dog out in public alot. But i would rather not taking any chances

Yea, Army people are a little yeaaah lol but as long as your up in the mountains should be fine, what I wouldnt do to get away from a city.

Thats really good about the BSL thing, I am so thankful for Phoenix being so big we have no forms of BSL and so far havnt had any talks about it here.

Images
    My father lives in Colorado Springs. And I lived there for 2 years while I was going to school.

The only cities that have a ban on "pit bull types" are Aurora, Castle Rock, Commerce City, Denver, Fort Lupton, and Louisville at the moment.

Most of Colorado is fine with "pit bull type" dogs.

And the Springs is CRAZY with Military. With Fort Carson (army), Pererson, Schriever (air force), The Air Force Academy, NORAD, and Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station. I would not want to live there again.
    Last edited by Cynthia; 01-11-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Images
    I didn't read the thread. Ft Collins is a total party town though. I would never personally move there but I'm over that stuff but someone that still likes it might enjoy living in a place like that.

Images
    LOTS of good beer!!

Quote Originally Posted by pookie! View Post
    Colorado? Be ware of the service men, I have heard some crazy stories about that base, people(service men) just going out and getting drunk and popping random people or people they know..

Plus its Colorado, and it generally sucks, lots of drugs if your into that, but not really ANYTHING to do.
    There's drugs silly, so there's always something to do.

11. Quote Originally Posted by brndnew01 View Post
    So ive been offered a really good job in ft collins. I was wondering if everyone lived around the area and could tell me the good and bad about the city and what not. Thanks!!
    Hey,

I live in Fort Collins and I absolutely love it. I work inside of EMS here so I see all the crap that goes down. Not too big of a drug problem here. It's a great place to raise a family and if you want some bar time, Old Town is the place to go. Very close to the mountains. We have the Poudre River which has some what of good fly fishing. Great beer culture here, also.
    I have a pitbull mix here and there is no breed restrictions. The only bad thing I can think of is the traffic, it's terrible.
    Good luck!