1. Good or Bad?! -- All natural dog chews such as antlers & beef tendons

I am looking for a chew that is still healthy yet strong for my pitty girl. I have came across a website that seems to use all sorts of beef parts for chew toys such as the trachea, tendons, ect. I would like to know if anyone has used any of these as chews for their pitty babies and if they are safe for them to chew. They are made in the USA and I am trying to stay away from giving her any rawhides. Also, how do people feel about antlers as chew toys? I would love to give one to her since I know it would keep her extremely busy in the office while I work but I am terrified that it will splinter apart and I won't be able to steal it back from her before she swallows any of it. I have tried regular beef bones for her but she destroyed the knuckle ends instantly, ended up throwing up all of the chunks and she was only 6 months old --she is now 2. Any input on any all natural, long-lasting chews would be awesome!! Thank you :)

Macie & her Mommy <3

I think antlers are excellent chews. Never had any splinter or break at all. I've also let my boy chew bull sticks but they don't last long enough.

Images
    i use antlers. Peanut loves them. have never had one splinter.

All my dogs love antlers and tracheas. Tracheas are a good natural source of glucosamine and clean their teeth.:D

Sounds like you were looking at bully sticks. My dogs LOVE them. I haven't got them antlers or tracheas.....yet.

6. My dogs love antlers! However bully sticks never lasted verylong for us =\
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by destinoscelgo View Post
    My dogs love antlers! However bully sticks never lasted verylong for us =\
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I get the 12" bully sticks and they last Nick & Rosie about an hour. They last Frankie a couple weeks.
    Not a real long time, but plenty of time for me to get some housework down w/o dogs underfoot. LOL

8. Is there a better type of antler such as deer or elk for them to chew on?

Quote Originally Posted by MaciesMommy221 View Post
    Is there a better type of antler such as deer or elk for them to chew on?
    Deer is the most common, elk is bigger usually and not as hard and I think moose from what I heard is very soft and they chew it faster..

Images
    i usually get deer antlers. i have yet to see any other kinds around here.

Deer antlers are tougher than elk and moose. I love them because they last a while and are great sources of glucosamine.

Quote Originally Posted by mstngchic2012 View Post
    Deer antlers are tougher than elk and moose.
    Thats what I was thinking. So its deer, elk, moose when it goes down from hard-soft.. I wish I had a store that sold them so I could get some for Bear and know if he liked them or not..

Stores over price them buy $10. I get mine off Ebay. I paid $12 for two really nice deer antler chews.

Quote Originally Posted by mstngchic2012 View Post
    Stores over price them buy $10. I get mine off Ebay. I paid $12 for two really nice deer antler chews.

Yea I have seen big packs for very cheap, but Bear isnt a super chewer and I dont know if he would even like them, I would hate to buy a whole crap load and him not like them lol I mean he has had the same actual chew toys since he was 4 weeks old.. he would have all his same fluffies too if other dogs hadnt torn them up..

The guy I bought them from sold them for $6 a piece... so you don't have to buy a bunch at one time.

Got a link? I wouldnt mind snagging one or two and seeing how he likes them, if he doesnt like them I guess I could toss them to my Gma's Yorkie herd

Bentley goes through phases where he loves his and then he's sick of it. I don't leave them down though so he only gets it sometimes. It helps with him not getting bored of it.

I don't remember who I got them from. Just got to Ebay and put antler chews in the search bar.

19. I use antlers for Terra... they're the only thing that holds up for longer than a week. She even manages to get through the black Kongs in about an hour. She also loves Tracheas but they don't last long. I personally don't like tendon as it seems to shatter into shards and it's not something I'm comfy with.

I would recommend different types of antlers as they all seem to 'taste' different. Terra prefers antlers off of Elk, followed by Mule Deer and then White Tail.