Images

Best APBT Bloodline & best ABD Bloodline?

Which (in your opinion) usually turns out the best in the hog hunting job. Reason: Im thinking about getting into hog hunting in a few years. I (MIGHT) think about creating my own kennel or bloodline at some point in time. Im still a bit doubtful i will actually go through with it. I am still studying the breeds (both) and a lil info on the Olde English Bulldogge (if thats how you say it). I am more or less dedicated to ABKC dog registry for the ABD and ADBA or UKC for the APBT. Well throw you experience on the breeds and their hogging ability im off to study more, Au revoir!:)

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

I liked this site somewhat: http://www.oldbulldogs.com/the-true-...bloodlines.php

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

I like bandogs for hogging more than the old english bulldogg but I don't hunt, just what I have researched (I would love to one day but don't think it will ever happen >.< ) I don't know about bloodlines or anything for catch dogs so I am not helpful, just wanted to tell ya I think bandogs are more for hogging than the old english :D

Images
    If I was looking for an american bulldog for hog hunting I would go to someone who doesn't register with the abkc, I would look for someone who actually works their dogs and has them for more than a pet. If you are white then you have no chance of getting a dog from the owner of the dogs from the link you posted as he is a racist pos. The guy hates white people with a passion and those dogs are not bred like he says and are just plain mutts..
    If you want a working bulldog go here http://whiteknightabs.comIf you want an APBT for hogdogging then go here Catch Dog Enterprises - Home

4. Boy, the internet is sure an amazing source of misinformation.
    The Olde link the OP posted is by the least credible guy in Bulldogs. Look him up as Kwame. He is pretty crazy, and does nothing w/his dogs, if he has any. He was arrested a few years back for animal cruelty. He used to appear and spam the AB boards pretty regularly, I think they were finally able to block him.
    I don't think much more of Ralph Citarella and White Knight. Another AB person w/a very shady reputation.
    Kinghaven American Bulldogs have been used on hogs fairly regularly, and they're great people to deal with.

Forget about kennels on the internet, bloodlines you can research, or any kind of registery. What you want is a working dog from working dogs, and most of them are not advertised. Some people do use registered stuff or blooded stuff to catch but they are not as common as those that have a "pedigree" that comes from their own and their buddies dogs stuffed in their sock drawer. Truthfully, most on this forum would call us "back yard breeders" and our dogs "mutts". Build matters a lot more than a particular bloodline. For American Bulldogs, most of us use dogs that lean more toward the Scott body type. For bulldogs I like them toward the smaller end of the breed. For pits, I prefer one with a lot of leg to it so that can keep it's feet on the ground when it catches, or catch in shallow water without having to swim. Weight is debateable. Some like a 40-45 pound dog, I prefer them toward the top of what is normal for the breed or even a little heavy. The best advice I can give you is that you don't buy a hog dog on the internet, you buy him at the bay. I do know of some folks that use the Eli, Jeep and Redboy lines, or at least say they do.

TRIM YOUR DOGS NAILS BEFORE I BRING IT UP Land, right next to MD
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by catchrcall View Post
    Forget about kennels on the internet, bloodlines you can research, or any kind of registery. What you want is a working dog from working dogs, and most of them are not advertised. Some people do use registered stuff or blooded stuff to catch but they are not as common as those that have a "pedigree" that comes from their own and their buddies dogs stuffed in their sock drawer. Truthfully, most on this forum would call us "back yard breeders" and our dogs "mutts". Build matters a lot more than a particular bloodline. For American Bulldogs, most of us use dogs that lean more toward the Scott body type. For bulldogs I like them toward the smaller end of the breed. For pits, I prefer one with a lot of leg to it so that can keep it's feet on the ground when it catches, or catch in shallow water without having to swim. Weight is debateable. Some like a 40-45 pound dog, I prefer them toward the top of what is normal for the breed or even a little heavy. The best advice I can give you is that you don't buy a hog dog on the internet, you buy him at the bay. I do know of some folks that use the Eli, Jeep and Redboy lines, or at least say they do.
    WEll, if you are using most of the bred dogs for hunting.. idt that is really the same as BYBing. selling your puppies and breeding and sellin and breeding and selling exc.. just puttin tons of puppies into ppls hands that want a puppy. Is a little different then one who is doin somthing pretty small just for their general working use.

I am just goin to say, that since the HOG HUNTERS show has been aired, imma bet tht more ppl are gunna want Bullies for hog huntin...LOL. ;) (felt the need to say that, sicne i just watch part of it and seen this comment. ;p )

7. For Hog Hunting, I'd rather use a Dogo or an American Bulldog. But that may be Biased since I freaking LOVE Dogos.

kamikaze, I agree with you.

It's hard to find a good Dogo. If you can find one of the good ones then you're going to have a really good catch dog. Most of them in the States were not bred with working in mind, and they're too darn expensive to buy and then have to cull. I can only think of one guy I'd buy one from here for hog hunting. Beware anybody selling a "tested" Dogo. It's a load of crap most of the time. They'll let the dog catch one little hog and if it does it once then they say they're "tested" or " proven". You can't prove a dog with one hog. It takes weeks and months and years of catches in the mud and brush and water, sometimes catching several hogs a night in rapid succession, so they're tired but they catch anyway. I might own a Dogo some day but it would have to be one that I already knew, I'm not sure I would risk money on a pup.

American Bulldogs are awesome. I'm always on the lookout for the right gyp to add to my pack. Just as a general statement, I love their laid back attitude that turns serious when it's time to go to work. They have a good chance of catching and are just nice dogs to have around. The only reason I don't own a yard full of them is that I like my catch dogs smaller than a lot of bulldogs, in the 50-70 pound range.

9. catchrcall, I agree w/your post. That being said, have you met any Kinghaven dogs? They're exactly what you describe, very laid back, I was quite surprised initially when I learned about their hog catching, because they seemed too low drive for it.

I don't think I've been around a Kinghaven dog, but they sound like they have the attitude I like.