Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where can I crop my puppy's ears in the Dallas/fort worth area

I have a 4 month pup and lookin for vets that can crop his ears I live in fort worth texas

Images
    I might be wrong but you are kinda pushing it cropping a 4 month old dogs ears..... someone please correct me if i am wrong

Yea, 12 weeks is the max.

Cool We're can I take my 4month pup to get his ears cropped in the fort worth area

I have a 4 month pup and I don't know we're to go to get his ears cropped I live in fort worth tx

Images
    Some vets will crop up to 16 weeks but considering you're still in the research phase, I don't see it being possible. If you were able to find a vet that would do it after the cut-off time, I'm not sure I'd trust them.. That's me though.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by _unoriginal View Post
    Some vets will crop up to 16 weeks but considering you're still in the research phase, I don't see it being possible. If you were able to find a vet that would do it after the cut-off time, I'm not sure I'd trust them.. That's me though.
    Im with you on that one I wouldnt want a vet going anywhere near my dog if hes willing to do it so late

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahnesmommy View Post
    Im with you on that one I wouldnt want a vet going anywhere near my dog if hes willing to do it so late
    I didn't mean that 16 weeks is late. I meant any time after that would be too late. I've read from people here that many vets will crop up to 16 weeks but a dog that's already 4 months old (16 weeks) will not get done by the end of the 16th week.. I mean researching a proper vet and such should take more than a day or 2.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Red817 View Post
    I have a 4 month pup and lookin for vets that can crop his ears I live in fort worth texas
    Sup, i live in Fort worth area too. 817

Hi,
    firstly..
    WELCOME to Pitbull Chat :)

Im not much of an expert on Ear cropping, as it is illegal in Australia to begin with..

But im quite sure you may have left it to late! As Ear cropping is something done when they are really young, close to 8 weeks i think?

Like i said im not sure, but im sure someone more informed then me will give you the answer.

Hope you stick around, :)

If you dont know where to get it done right now, your to late. Researching a crop vet takes time and your already at the end of that time limit because the dog is 4months.
    Also if you do find a vet who will do it after the 4 month mark, I wouldnt trust the guy as far as I could throw him.

Be happy with your pups eat set, maybe look into taping or gluing to get a perfect rose set, but cropping is out.

11. To the vet

To all the experts saying it's too late, Lizzy was done at 4 months old and is the nicest looking crop on any dog I own. Just sayin'

Images
    My opinion on this is, if you haven't decided on a vet yet, and don't have something lined up already, you have waited too late, as the cut off age for ear cropping is 16 weeks. Investigate vets, ask to see pictures of their previous work and if they won't provide pictures and references, then keep looking. However, at this point, I would say just enjoy those natural ears and save your money for anything future that comes up with your pup. :) Oh, and lets see pictures of the little tike!

13. Red817, since you've got another thread going on the exact same topic I'm combining the 2 into 1.

For all you people commenting who don't know wtf you're talking about get a clue. You're doing nothing more than spouting off stupid $#@! you've read, or heard, or think you know instead of giving factual, or first hand knowledge.

Cropping a dogs ears at 16 weeks IS NOT TOO LATE. As a matter of fact, the best looking crop on the dogs I own that are done was done @ 17 weeks, which was Lizzy. Nicodemus had his done twice because I was not pleased with how it turned out the first time. So I had to wait till he was all healed up and do it again. To spout off crap you have no clue what you're talking about helps the forum in no way whatsoever. To ramble that a vet is bad, or imply they shouldn't go to one who would perform the procedure is utterly ridiculous. My vet is top notch and cares for my dogs with the utmost respect, compassion, care, and professionalism that you could ask for. Not once has he ever let me down in any way, shape, or form. So please, if you're going to comment, at least comment on something you know wtf you're talking about. Cuz it appears as though most in these threads don't.

I know dogs that have been done @ 6 months old and they turned out perfect.

---------- Post added 12-12-2011 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-11-2011 at 11:55 PM ----------

Here ya go. Pics of the poor poor doggies that got their ears done @ 16 and 17 weeks old. They did have to go to doggie therapy for a few months to get past the emotional scarring form such a horrible horrible event in their life. (said with extreme sarcasm)

Last edited by Boogieman; 12-12-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieman View Post
    To the vet

To all the experts saying it's too late, Lizzy was done at 4 months old and is the nicest looking crop on any dog I own. Just sayin'
    I am not saying 4mo is to late, but if I was going to get a dog cropped it would take me quite a while to look at all the vets, get pictures, references and $#@!. Much longer than the time he has right now to do it right.
    It doesnt really cause a problem cropping later, but its not the best idea imo.
    Friends of mine have had their dogs cropped, due to injury etc, at years old and its nothing dangerous or crazy. Most people just prefer to get it done as young as possible

15. It's not too late. Don't let people who have absolutely NO EXPERIENCE with it and are only parroting what they have read feed you that line of bull. I've had dogs done @ 16 and 17 weeks. Guess what, they both came out beautiful and they both are still alive and happy.

For all you people who don't have a clue, why not get some hands on experience instead of repeating what you heard or read. That's the problem with forums. Once you've read the crap for a year or two all of a sudden you're an expert even though you've got zero experience or first hand knowledge of what you're babbling about.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

The OP has 2 threads going on this so I'm going to merge them so don't get confused everybody LOL

The threads are now merged so it looks kind of crazy :)
    Last edited by Boogieman; 12-12-2011 at 12:13 AM.

I dont doubt you Boogie, I know it can be done. But what I am trying to get at is, not everyone has a dope $#@! vet like you do.

Like I said, people need at least a month or so to sort out pictures and find a vet to do a proper job and IMO he is doing it awfully late and by time he finds a legit vet, how old will the dog be? And rushing to do it now probably wont end well and he might get a screwed up crop job. Best to just tell him to be happy with the ears, and look into setting them for a perfect rose or something, ya know?

17. Quote Originally Posted by Boogieman View Post
    It's not too late. Don't let people who have absolutely NO EXPERIENCE with it and are only parroting what they have read feed you that line of bull. I've had dogs done @ 16 and 17 weeks. Guess what, they both came out beautiful and they both are still alive and happy.

For all you people who don't have a clue, why not get some hands on experience instead of repeating what you heard or read. That's the problem with forums. Once you've read the crap for a year or two all of a sudden you're an expert even though you've got zero experience or first hand knowledge of what you're babbling about.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

The OP has 2 threads going on this so I'm going to merge them so don't get confused everybody LOL

The threads are now merged so it looks kind of crazy :)
    I have nothing useful to say as I have never gotten a dogs ears cropped personally, but I recall a story my nana told me "back in the day when she had her dobies she bred them, and got the ears cropped, except for one who insisted she did not want them done. Well..the woman came back crying to my nana saying she wanted to give the puppy back (at around 5 months old) because she decided to crop the pups ears later and they came out terrible.
    NOT saying its because of the crop, but I believe she had an issue with the vet for cropping them which makes me think maybe some vets won't crop past a certain time because the chances of them forming nicely (and avoiding potential lawsuit or something) if they don't form right.
    Evenn though that makes no sense because that an happen at any age lol

With that pointless story, I just wanted to tell you, Boogie, that second dog is gorgeous and his crop is amazing, if it got done at 4 months who cares! It came out awesome!

18. I've advised the OP of all those concerns in PM pookie. :)

I guess what chaps my $#@! here is all the bandwagon pom pomming by people who more than likely have never had a dogs ears cropped in their lives, yet here they are doling out advice from what they have read on forums. It's a huge pet peeve of mine on forums. People are around for a little while, read this and that, read it again, and all of a sudden you see them parroting it over and over when the subject comes up like they are the new found expert on the subject. Hell there's nothing wrong with saying IDK but my opinion is this blah blah blah. The name Jelet comes to mind LOL. An instant expert on the breed an everything about it in 6 months after getting his very first dog. SMH!!!

It's almost like our breed and the news......I saw it on the news so it must be true!!! :(

p.s. I'm not targeting anyone with my posts. Please nobody take offense. Everything I say in posted as a generalization ;)
    Last edited by Boogieman; 12-12-2011 at 12:32 AM.

Cool Boogie :)

I see where your coming from though. Obviously my bat eared mongrel isnt cropped, and I havnt personally had a dog cropped (family has with Dobes).
    You have more knowledge than me on it, which is why I am not bucking your posts, you know a $#@! ton more than most of the people who did comment, and all your dogs ears look awesome, so you must be doing something right.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollie's Nana View Post
    My opinion on this is, if you haven't decided on a vet yet, and don't have something lined up already, you have waited too late, as the cut off age for ear cropping is 16 weeks. Investigate vets, ask to see pictures of their previous work and if they won't provide pictures and references, then keep looking. However, at this point, I would say just enjoy those natural ears and save your money for anything future that comes up with your pup. :) Oh, and lets see pictures of the little tike!
    I said right off, it was my opinion. If a member has not made a solid decision on a vet and got the ball rolling in that direction already.... it is too late to start the process from scratch in my opinion!! If you have not checked into this vets references or asked to see pictures of his previous work on other crop gob, then again, in my opinion, you've waited too late. THis is not something you go into a "willy-nilly" without researching and investigating your vet, and his part work. Abd don't let any vet push you into a corner thinking that you MUST use their services or whatever... If your wet isn't willing to tell you on the spot.... WITHOUT HESITATION on his previous patients... and be willing to show you his former work and try to put you in contact with the owners of said pups..... then maybe you should keep looking. This is a life long decision that the dog will not grow replacement ears on if he decides he doesn't like them. Once it's done, it's done. Invest, you time, your efforts, and your background work. It will be wort it in the end, in my my opinion. **again, ALL my opinion**

Best of luck for you guys!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast