1. Help with guestimating puppy's adult size

Jasmine is 14-15 weeks old. We don't know anything about either of her parents, so we're not sure how big they were. She's 20 lbs and about 13-15" long from front shoulder to butt (best guess, she would not sit still). Any educated guesses on how big she may get, based on her age and weight now? We think she is most likely AmStaff, but it's still our best guess.

I've learned that a puppy reaches about 75% of its adult weight by six months of age. I'm not sure if there are any ways to tell at an earlier time in its life.

I have heard take the pups 4 month weight, and double that to get an estimate of their adult weight. It has proven quite accurate, with mine.
    Last edited by Pink; 11-02-2011 at 02:29 PM.

man, i dont want my pup to be a fatty or to much over weight but by the last couple posts leave me to thinking my dog is going to be a light weight. would i be askin to much for my pup to get up to 70lbs of rock solid muscle?

How much does your dogs weigh, and how old?

Pink you can help me ! 40 pounds @ 21 weeks

mine is 25 @15wks

Images
    Fishbulb, I've also read and been told by vets that at six months pups will generally be about 65-75% of their adult weight/size.
    I really don't know much about estimate the weight of pups with unknown heritage, but here are some links I was been looking at.

How to Calculate Your Puppys Adult Weight

Understanding Puppy Weight Estimates

How Big Will My Puppy Get? - Page 1
    Last edited by Sabrina; 11-05-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Whew!!! 25 lbs at 17 wks.... 50ish lbs full grown.... thank-you!!!

I would guesstimate your pup to grow to be around 34-38 pounds at full grown, based on an online puppy weight predictor based on breed. Don't know if they are correct, but it sounds reasonable. Looking for a Puppy Weight Chart?

Frankie was 20 lbs at 12 weeks. I haven't weighed her this week. I keep hearing she's going to be BIG. I figure I'll know how big in about 18 months.
    She's about 4" shorter than Rosie right now. DH is sure she's going to outgrow her. Rosie is 21 3/4" tall and weighs 75lbs (SHOULD be 68-70)

I use the formula listed at this site, How to Calculate Your Puppys Adult Weight

According to that, Frankie will be 80-88 lbs.

Images
    According to calculator PrettyPitty posted, Rudy should be about 36lbs full grown.
    According to the one you posted, Kit, he should be about 52lbs.

I guess we'll have to see which is more accurate, though my personal guess would land between 35-45lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyPitty View Post
    I would guesstimate your pup to grow to be around 34-38 pounds at full grown, based on an online puppy weight predictor based on breed. Don't know if they are correct, but it sounds reasonable. Looking for a Puppy Weight Chart?
    I went there and did the weight prediction for Renee. She was weighed at the vet 2 weeks ago at 23 weeks old and 38 lbs. The weight predictor put her at about 48lbs full grown. Now, her sire is 68 lbs of solid muscle. He is very lean looking and you would never guess he weighed so much because of how conditioned he is. Her dam weighs about 46 lbs and is petite in build and decently muscled.

Taking everything into account, I'd say the guesstimate is accurate if I don't condition her and a little low if I do.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Interesting... the one Kit posted would have Renee at around 85lbs. Much larger than her parents. I think that method is an over estimate.

Images
    I think so too, MJ. It put Rudy at 52lbs, which seems off as he's just 30lbs at almost 8 months now. I really don't know though....

16. Going by my dane's 8 week old weight, that puts him at 156lbs, he's perfect at 130lbs at 21 months old. Using his 12 week weight, it's 172lbs, so I don't put much faith in it...

Maybe they made their averages using data from people who have..ummm...fat dogs. Most people do think a healthy weight on a dog is too thin.

Images
    That's very likely. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyPitty View Post
    this one states that shelby should be 25lbs..shes 27lbs conditioned... lol. that one also states that surge will be 30lbs full grown.. and im pretty sure thats way off too.