Thread: Pure Eli

1. Pure Eli

Will like to know whats wrong with a pure eli dog.

My research and reading on the Internet indicates that Eli blood was often crossed to introduce other desired traits while still breeding true to the desired traits. Eli dogs were popular because they are powerfully built dogs with devastating mouths who consistently throw these traits into their offspring. But, it's also said that Eli dogs tended to be barnstorming dogs and this would lead to short-windiness so they were out crossed to try and better the aptitude of the bloodline.

Garner's Chinaman was the result of an Eli/Snooty cross. Hard to argue with that.

3. yea thanxs. Do you know any thing about the sixbits/maverick blood

They tend to be high strung.

most people dislike sixbits dogs for various reasons of their own. but eli in general is cukoo.

Images
    Sixbits/Maverick crosses, early starters, fire up at an early age.

I see nothing wrong with a pure Eli dog or a cross.

7. Thanxs yall and they are some early starters real early

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

tried to put up a ped
    Last edited by Mr.Green; 10-25-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brindlexpitt View Post
    most people dislike sixbits dogs for various reasons of their own. but eli in general is cukoo.
    I think this is a bit too broad-based of a critism. There are different lines down from Eli. What line is cuckoo? What are you basing it on? One dog, a few or many that you have owned? Just curious, as I have pretty much pure Bullyson/Midnight Cowboy dogs, and am very happy with them. Yes, some are cuckoo dog aggressive, is that what you mean? My children have also grown up around this bloodline and I have never once had an issue with the line being around my kids.

i suppose if your going to randomly dig up old posts and question posts that were purposely very broad as not to specify on each specific family of dogs, as no one has exp with every single mans yard. first part was the truth, people have extreme varying opinions of sixbits dogs, thats a fact. and the second the broad in the fact that theyre just that. some are super hyper, some last with alot of that, drive, some are chain biters, some are all bark. not once did i specify man biter.

Quote Originally Posted by brindlexpitt View Post
    i suppose if your going to randomly dig up old posts and question posts that were purposely very broad as not to specify on each specific family of dogs, as no one has exp with every single mans yard. first part was the truth, people have extreme varying opinions of sixbits dogs, thats a fact. and the second the broad in the fact that theyre just that. some are super hyper, some last with alot of that, drive, some are chain biters, some are all bark. not once did i specify man biter.
    No, I didn't think you mentioned man-biter, just trying to understand what your comment referenced. I think a lot of lines carry the above referenced characteristics though. As for reading old posts, yep, I haven't been on here for a while, so i am reading old posts. This one caught my eye as I like the bloodline.

Nothing wrong with pure Eli.

12. I own dog from Jeep x Miss Rage blood,that is Eli cross,and honestly to say it is best blood I ever own,and I had pretty much dog's soo far.

13. Pure Eli is a great bloodline just very DA and hyper