Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Will neutering calm him down?

My mom has a boy dog, 14 months old, and he is getting neuterd next week. Hes out of control with humping everything...lol...seriously. Anytime I bring Toni there, He wont leave her alone..he jumps all over her, tried humping her face and everything lol...its crazy. Will he calm down at all after? My mom is so worried hes not going to change..he does it to their older male dog too

It should help, certainly can't hurt! I neutered Wilson right after he started humping my Dyson He hasn't looked at it since ;)

3. It depends on who you ask. He may or may not calm down. Raj was neutered at 10 weeks old and still humped! lol You and your mom need to correct him of the behavior, because chances are he will still do it...it just won't be because of a sexual drive...it will be because "well....mom lets me do this all the time!" Work on correction and keep your fingers crossed that when he DOES get neutered, he will stop because like I said...some dogs do...others don't.

How should she correct him? Hes TERRIBLE and needs training SO bad.. I think hes "touched"..he has a crazy eye..he doesnt listen to anything..I hope fixing him will make him atleast leave toni alone some lol poor girl

Quote Originally Posted by kady05 View Post
    It should help, certainly can't hurt! I neutered Wilson right after he started humping my Dyson He hasn't looked at it since ;)
    Have you seen what your Dyson does? The first time I used mine I mightve pulled a Wilson......

6. Quote Originally Posted by Andrea12065 View Post
    How should she correct him? Hes TERRIBLE and needs training SO bad.. I think hes "touched"..he has a crazy eye..he doesnt listen to anything..I hope fixing him will make him atleast leave toni alone some lol poor girl
    See what I did was shake a penny jar at him the instant he went to mount. It worked for me. If penny jar wasn't nearby he got a loud NO and I yanked his $#@! off lol He hasn't humped in...quite awhile =)

Quote Originally Posted by ad_shannon View Post
    Have you seen what your Dyson does? The first time I used mine I mightve pulled a Wilson......
    lmao

7. i don't know how people can even walk around with a neutered male.

Quote Originally Posted by versatile View Post
    i don't know how people can even walk around with a neutered male.
    The same way I walk around with my intact male? Same way I walk around with my spayed female.

Are you one of those guys who anthropomorphizes their dogs and thinks that neutering somehow takes away their "manhood"?

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ad_shannon View Post
    and mine is pink too! So at least he had good taste..

it helped Goren, when I 1st got him he humped his toys as he chewed on them, the day I got him back from getting neutered he did not hump again...now Logan humps Goren when he is not paying attention...poor boy, but he does not hump his toys or anything else I am just waiting for Goren to correct him (he is good at correcting pups, not dominating/hurting/attacking them...but don't worry they are highly monitored when together and I do correct Logan when I realize that is what he is doing, kinda hard when he has to stretch so far so his but barely moves hehe) I am not planning on getting Logan fixed until 2 if I can help is...so I am sure I am in for a ton of corrections between then and now.

I know you want to not let the behavior get ingraned because then its harder to stop.

10. Quote Originally Posted by versatile View Post
    LOL some of us don't have a choice when we choose to adopt from a shelter. My
    dog is my companion...his balls don't have any meaning for me since I won't be breeding him or showing him

thats my moms reason, shes not breeding him..hes hyper and out of control at times..i hope this helps him

Well, because my bf doesn't use our Rottie as a penis extension. So he's not too choked up about him being neutered when he's 3.

Good thing no one asked you.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pookie! View Post
    Good thing no one asked you.
    Seriously.. I thought we were all on the page of "who cares what someone does with their own property so long at it's healthy"

To answer the question, in theory neutering a male should help with dominance but really, every case is different. Carter was fixed but still tries to hump people from time to time.. he always humps a submissive dog though. Bentley, I've only just recently (last week) seen him hump a dog. He's fixed as well and it happened to be the same submissive dog that Carter humps. It's weird. Dogs are weird.
    Last edited by _unoriginal; 10-15-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _unoriginal View Post
    Seriously.. I thought we were all on the page of "who cares what someone does with their own property so long at it's healthy"
    That guy runs his dogs with a muzzle on, as well as numerous other $#@!ed things. His points are invalid because he doesnt own his property in a healthy way.

16. Wink

Quote Originally Posted by omgrobyn View Post
    well, because my bf doesn't use our rottie as a penis extension. So he's not too choked up about him being neutered when he's 3.

love it!

17. Neutering calmed my foster pup down alot, but only during the time he was sedated ;)

As soon as he recovered he was back to humping my old lady.

No guarantees, but it won't hurt. In the meantime, exercise him body and mind! A tired dog is a good dog :)

thank you everyone..Ill hope for the best lol..my mom NEEDS to spend more time training him, and exercising him, and I tell her all the time. But hey..its not my dog :) Thank you everyone!

19. a male without its nads is a monstrosity.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pookie! View Post
    That guy runs his dogs with a muzzle on, as well as numerous other $#@!ed things. His points are invalid because he doesnt own his property in a healthy way.
    $500,000 insurance. raw diet. each of his dogs gets a 12 mile run every other day. sure he doesn't own his property in a healthy way.

a male without its nads is a monstrosity.
    Oh c'mon now. You really think a neutered male dog is a "monstrosity"? You're just showing how insecure you are with your own self if you really think that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast