TRIM YOUR DOGS NAILS BEFORE I BRING IT UP Land, right next to MD
    Images

NU-Stock Ointment

So, Kaz has really been diggin at her neck lately.. I was thinking about getting some NU-Stock ointment when i go into the co-op store to get some DE. I kinda wanted to know if anyone else has used it and what are the pros and cons of it??

What if they lick it? not that she will be able to lick her neck.. but.. if i need to use it elsewhere ..Id like to know if its lickable or if thats a HUGE no no.

Thanks..

I was recommended to use Nu-Stcok by a ton of people because my dog was itchy and had a thinning coat. Well I used it all over her to try to help her coat grow (and yes I followed the directions given). It caused giant bald spots on both of her sides. It took 6mths to grow back in by itself. In the ingredients is pine oil or something and that is known as a major allergen... figures lol.

I wouldn't really recommend it Nu-Stock. It smells horrible and is very messy once it dries.
    I'd use stuff like neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment for any wounds.
    You could also look into a cortico-steroid spray... good for healing small wounds and to stop inflammation and itching.
    But I don't think it would be that big of a deal if your dog licked the Nu-Stock a couple times as long as they didn't eat a whole bunch of it.

Images
    well now u scared the $#@! outta me! LOL!! Its right under her colllar and ive tried then using a harness but hasnt seemed to help seem to help..

I thought that nu-stock $#@! was 'posed to help it stop itchin and grow their hair back.. what bitches!! You think ur pup was allergic to it maybe? jeez.. glad i made a thread about it !! wonder if anyone else had had that issue with it! I bet you were pisssed!!!

4. There are a few people on here who swear by it, hopefully they chime in sometime soon? lol

I heard something about getting a Vitamin E pill and breaking it open and then rubbing it on the area to get the hair to grow..

I was thinking about getting some NuStock, or maybe Vitamin E and putting it on Bear's back, he has marks from, what I $#@!ume was the cat biting him and his hair didnt grow back.. He has similar marks on his legs from known cat bites so I figured thats what the 3 on his back are from.

I've only used Nu-Stock to help hair re-growth, never to stop itching. Perhaps you ought to find the cause of teh itching and deal with that first, and once the itching has stopped, use the Nu-Stock to help the hair grow back. But it did wonders with helping Peyton's hair grow back after he had demodex, didn't take but a month or so I think.

You say the itching is under the collar? Perhaps she is allergic to what the collar is made of?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PeytonLove View Post
    I've only used Nu-Stock to help hair re-growth, never to stop itching. Perhaps you ought to find the cause of teh itching and deal with that first, and once the itching has stopped, use the Nu-Stock to help the hair grow back. But it did wonders with helping Peyton's hair grow back after he had demodex, didn't take but a month or so I think.
    That's why I haven't said anything. I don't know anything about using Nu-stock for itching. But I've seen it grow hair on very old scars in no time.

Images
    well, im not toooooo sure BUT. I got her a leather still water collar , its fkin awesome by the way..has a dope $#@! handle and everything :D but i think it may have been irritating her? Shes worn it while its been wet a few times even a few days ago...

But reguardless.. seems like EVERY fkin time it comes this time of year..she gets dry skin.. tho her skin isnt really dry right now.. (I normally use coconut oil, she does take fish oil, and i randomly use a lil bit of neem oil if she does get some dry/ itchy skin)i just heard about Nu-Stock ointment and was gna give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
    well now u scared the $#@! outta me! LOL!! Its right under her colllar and ive tried then using a harness but hasnt seemed to help seem to help..

I thought that nu-stock $#@! was 'posed to help it stop itchin and grow their hair back.. what bitches!! You think ur pup was allergic to it maybe? jeez.. glad i made a thread about it !! wonder if anyone else had had that issue with it! I bet you were pisssed!!!
    Of coarse I was pissed... lol.
    After a few wks when I noticed her sides were thinning even more than when I started, I stopped using it. I'm not sure if she had an issue with it as she wasn't scratching at it or anything. We thought that maybe we put it on too thick in those areas so when dried on and came time to rinse it just took all the hair with it. Again, I'm not too sure what went wrong but I know it was a stinky mess that didn't help at all. We let her grow her hair in naturally. We added omega 3 fish oil and vitamin e to her food.
    I mainly wanted it to help grow back in the hair she lost due to the itching (not to stop the itching).

The vitamin e sounds like a good idea though... and even if it didn't re-grow the hair it would be great for the skin anyways... it would be worth a shot.