Images

Help with coat color ID,blue,fawn bluies,or blue seal?

Munchie my AB xAPBT has an interesting coat color coming in,in place of her puppy coat.I'm trying to figure out what it is.My APBT Bella is a dark seal.She's very dark until she hits the sun and she has a coppery tint.It almost appears like her coat,only with blue as the base color. She appears blue predominant,but in certain lighting there is this kinda of coppery/bronze color when the light hits it just right.

So would this make her a blue,a fawn bluies,or a blue seal??

My friends pup is like that. We just call it blue with fawn undertones..

Yea Bear is a lighter blue and when he is in the sun you can see the fawn all over him, his neck hair is almost all fawn. I love it, its like having a seal dog looks blue in the house light but once the sun hits its a nice fawn undertone/overtone to it.

Images
    Seal per ADBA standards is

Seal appears black except has red or brown cast when viewed in sun or bright light

So if the dog is blue with brown or red it is not the same as seal.

Mike my Blue dog has the same coppery tones in his coat. I just call him blue because that is the predominant color.

But not everyone cares about ADBA standards.

No I dont mean its seal, I mean its similar in how you can see the dog is seal when your in natural light. Same with the blue dog with the fawn undertones.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pookie! View Post
    No I dont mean its seal, I mean its similar in how you can see the dog is seal when your in natural light. Same with the blue dog with the fawn undertones.
    This is it. So would she be fawn bluies or blue? I honestly don't know if it is a simular thing to ''seal'' only dilute?My other pit bull is actually a dark seal(black/coppery tone).It looks so close,same type of coat patterning only with blue/fawn instead of black/copper colors on the dog.Her littermates were fawn,smut,and varying shades of blue all with white markings.Her coloring is pretty dark as is her nose leather,though it's definatly blue(butterfly pattern).

Both of mine are colored the same way. They are registered as Blue Fawn with white markings. It is genetically a dilute of a traditional Seal (Black and copper).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophecy View Post
    This is it. So would she be fawn bluies or blue? I honestly don't know if it is a simular thing to ''seal'' only dilute?My other pit bull is actually a dark seal(black/coppery tone).It looks so close,same type of coat patterning only with blue/fawn instead of black/copper colors on the dog.Her littermates were fawn,smut,and varying shades of blue all with white markings.Her coloring is pretty dark as is her nose leather,though it's definatly blue(butterfly pattern).
    Are you trying to register her?

Fawn Bluies is when the portions of coat having a distinct blue or gray cast. This is often $#@!ociated with lighter or blue eyes. A reddish or gray
    pigment around the eye rims, nose, and lips are also identified with this color. To indicate this coloring please list the
    predominant color first /bluies/markings, etc

So since blue is the predominant color she would not be a fawn bluie.

fawn bluie/blue fawn