I want to make my dog more muscular and ripped...

Can anybody give me advice on what types of exercise i can do? What can i feed him to give him that muscle m$#@! without using muscle building supplements? I'm open for ideas, someone told me to put a heavy chain around his neck and run him up and down hills.

Don't do the chain... That's ghetto dumb $#@!... How would you like a heavy chain around your neck. That's begging for nEck injurys...Good kibble, genetics, and exercise... Read the what we feed sticky, anything grain free is usually good. Taste of the wild, natures variety instinct, orijin, acana,

lmao.

4. Isn't your dog still a puppy? If so, you do not want to do anything that could hurt his growth and set you up for big vet bills later.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SemasMom View Post
    Isn't your dog still a puppy? If so, you do not want to do anything that could hurt his growth and set you up for big vet bills later.
    yep

Gun powder.

Quote Originally Posted by PeytonLove View Post
    Gun powder.
    i would think coke did better in these situations?

8. From what I heard you shouldn't start any type of body/m$#@! building until your dog is 18-24 months at youngest.
    You can start with some light conditioning such as up hill/down hill jogging. Just the dog, leash, and you.
    Idk how old your puppy is, but if he/she is under the 18 month mark I would just work on stamina. Build up your walks and jogs. But don't push your pup to the point she gets home and collapses.

Also, Acana and TOTW are two of the best brands out there. I prefer Acana over any, I noticed it has helped Izzy put on a little weight this week as she was pretty skinny beforehand. But again, don't try adding m$#@! if you pup is still maturing, growing... they need to do this naturally with a proper diet and regular exercise. NORMAL exercise.

Lmao. Gunpowder?! But yeah, that chain thing is pretty ghetto. It did come from a ghetto person. LOL! I've been running him for an hour with me and i see some muscles starting to rip out! And he's about to be 7 months, i dont push him to the limit cause i know it'll stunt his growth. Thanks for the advice everybody.

then why ask? hes 7 MONTHS. he doesnt need to be conditioned.

11. He is only 7 months and still a puppy....let him be a puppy. You can do a great deal of damage conditioning a dog that young, we start light working when they hit a year old but no heavy conditioning until they are over 15 months....

Don't condition your dog until 18-24 months of age.

Good quality food, exercise (biking, handwalking, spring pole, fetch, etc.), and getics all determine how well the dog will be able to be conditioned.

Even running your dog hard, especially on a sidewalk or concrete, can damage his joints at his age... just in case you were wondering.

Swimming works for no impact but builds stamina, cardio, and flexibility

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorrence WolfBane View Post
    Swimming works for no impact but builds stamina, cardio, and flexibility

Genius! Why don't I remember that? And my dogs swim every day lol

(By the way, your screen name reminds me of a book title every time!)

A book title? LOL! That's awesome! It's been my nickname since high school (1996) My fav word and my fav "herb", shortened to Abby Bane when I was in a metal band :)

LOL actually, it's the Abhorrence part! It reminds me of Abhorsen, a necromancer lol

Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post

(By the way, your screen name reminds me of a book title every time!)
    hahaha I think the SAME thing everytime I see it!! lol

OP--yeah, no chain for sure, light walking on soft (ie:grassy) surfaces, grain free food. Do you have a picture of his parents??

19. Raw chicken may help a little but be carefull with the bones