Dog not wanting to eat

Okay so my dog has been eating pedigree for a week or two and and pretty quick after starting she got a case of the itchies and the runs. Which doesn't surprise me. So I went ahead and got her another TOTW Pacific Stream. Big thankyou to my friend. I NEVER should have switched her foods but we were doing what we had to do under the circumstance.
    However I went ahead and mixed it together yesterday. Because since the switch she has had the runs. (Not a good thing while you are moving) And well she ate the pedigree and not the TOTW.

Now I am just offering TOTW and she will sniff at it but won't eat it. She has NEVER ever been a picky eater. Just since this switch. So I decided to just give her TOTW and not do a gradual change because all she is eating out of it is the pedigree. So I offer her the food. I leave it down for 15 minutes. If she doesn't touch it I pick it back up and 30 minutes later I put it back down. All he does is sniff at it.

My question is does anyone have any tips to help get her to eat other than what I am doing. I know she won't let herself starve but I hate that she is being so picky. Normally she has the bowl woofed down in less than a minute. And now she isn't touching it.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

She will not be switched off of TOTW again (unless its to a comparable food). I will accrue credit card debt to keep her on it if I have to. She has been miserable since we switched. All itchy.

I think the grain free does her so much good.

Keep doing what your doing, DONT doctor the food or make it more enticing, otherwise you will REALLY have a spoiled dog lol

Quote Originally Posted by pookie! View Post
    Keep doing what your doing, DONT doctor the food or make it more enticing, otherwise you will REALLY have a spoiled dog lol
    Yeah that is my fear. I don't want to do anything with the food or add anything to it because I don't want her to expect that all the time. It's just weird. She has never been a picky eater. Now all the sudden she decides to be picky. In her defense though there is a lot of changes going on. The entire place is boxed up and a mess. So it wouldn't surprise me if that is affecting her appetite too.

Now I know you can't rationalize with a dog but if you were to give me two types of food. One that made me break out and have a reaction, and one that is good and doesn't cause me any problems. I guarentee you I would go with the latter of the two. Unfortunately dogs don't get that.

Images
    I would leave it down for 15 mins and then pick it up but don't put it back down until dinner time. IMO, you're still giving the dog too many choices by putting it down 30 mins later. And don't switch the food. Make sure it's the same bowl of food every time.

Quote Originally Posted by _unoriginal View Post
    I would leave it down for 15 mins and then pick it up but don't put it back down until dinner time. IMO, you're still giving the dog too many choices by putting it down 30 mins later. And don't switch the food. Make sure it's the same bowl of food every time.
    I'll try that.

And I'm not switching between the foods. I'm trying to get her to eat the food she has been eating for the last several months. She was temporarily on a different food.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pookie! View Post
    exactly my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by SBTlove View Post
    I'll try that.

And I'm not switching between the foods. I'm trying to get her to eat the food she has been eating for the last several months. She was temporarily on a different food.
    Maybe she had a brain fart lol just keep doing what your doing, but only offer it one time and then keep it up until dinner.
    She will eventually eat :p

I agree with Pook.

Be strong, tough love all the way. :p

Now I know you can't rationalize with a dog but if you were to give me two types of food. One that made me break out and have a reaction, and one that is good and doesn't cause me any problems. I guarentee you I would go with the latter of the two. Unfortunately dogs don't get that.
    Oh if only dogs would live by this rule.. I'd have a lot less gr$#@! filled throw up to clean up from Wilson!

11. I had this same issue with willow...and you know what I did? I practically starved her until she ate. She got absolutly nothing until she ate her food...and I mean all of it lol talk about tough love! Now I have no problems with her eating the totw =)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by monkeys23 View Post
    Be strong, tough love all the way. :p
    I know and I will be. She will eat the food provided to her because its good for her. I will not have a picky eater in my house. Been there and done that.

13. The only reason she prefers the Pedigree is because it tastes better! It's the equivelant of junk food everyday.
    As everyone has said, hang in there she will start eating in a few days.
    My dogs eat twice a day. If they don't eat at one 15 minute setting they wait until the next feeding time. There is not a picky eater in the bunch here.

Do you float the dog food? I know I put water in Bears food every feeding so its not so dry and bland and it slows him down, maybe you could do that and if she likes it like that its not like its to bad, unlike mixing goodies into it..

But its up to you, you could just make her get the same bowl of food until she eats it :p

I used to do that with Trouble. It seemed to help with his tummy issues. I really used to do it with both but after he passed I stopped and just started giving her the kibble dry.

Images
    I'll try that.

I'm on my phone so I'm kind of lazy with my typing.

I meant to just put the bowl with food in the fridge or something out of the way until the next meal time. Don't even put the food back in the container. Just keep it the same exact portion of food until the dog eats.

Oh okay

18. I agree she will eat eventually make sure she is still drinking though. You did say she needed to lose weight lol.

True she does need to lose weight. She finally ate this morning.