Thread: lump..

lump..

I'm trying not to freak out too much, but I just found a pea-sized lump on Sonya's side... It seems to not be attached by muscle as it moves around when I try to move it. I made an appointment for friday to have the vet look at it.

I don't really have a question, maybe just moral support :(

Images
    Hopefully it is just fat.Whatever it is, pea size is the best point to catch them at.

Images
    Its good to catch it now..maybe you will be lucky and its nothing? :) Hope all goes well!

food allergy?

could just be a skin tag dont worry too much

6. If you can move it easily and it's under the skin, it's probably just a little fatty tissue lump! No worries. All my guys have one or two of them.

7. as Mardi said if it is between the muscle and skin and freely moves around under the skin its usually fine.

Thanks guys! I decided not to go to the vet tomorrow. I'll wait a week and see if it disapears. It has grown substantially in one day, which makes me feel quite certain that it's not a tumor!

How much more has it grown? Agree with Mardi on the fatty tumor, most of mine have them however your discription of it growing substantially concerns me. Have the vet give it a look. They will probably aspirate some cells,send a slide out and get it diagnosed for sure.
    There is the possibility that a histiocytoma ( benign tumor) is developing. Google it for information and treatment. I personally do not have them removed. Usually go away in a few months.

Good Luck,

lump is gone!

Roxy has started developing one on her eyelid, I am pretty worried because I don't want it to grow. Did Sonya's lump just go away suddenly or what did you do? Since it's on her eyelid, she doesn't really let us mess with it too much.

Oh no! Sonya's lump was pea sized the first day I saw it. The next day it doubled in size, the next day it went back to pea sized, then stayed at that size for another day, then the next day went down to half a pea size, stayed like that for a day, then disappeared. Hopefully the same thing will happen to yours! But the eyelid is scary.. what if something happens to the eye? I would maybe wait a week/ maybe half a week, and then go to the vet. Or maybe go to the vet right away... I get nervous about these kinds of things...

To answer your question though, I didn't do anything, it went away on its own, although I was always playing around with it since I was so focused on it that week...

13. Eyelid tumors need to be removed surgically. One of our bullies had his done a few months ago. He had it taken off once before, but the vets did not do it the "right" way, so it grew back. New vet did the surgery properly. No problems at all. The eyelid m$#@! are almost always benign; they need to be removed because they can injure the eye/cornea as they grow. I'd take her in to the doctor....