1. Is the Vicks vaporizer bad for dogs?

My daughter is congested and has a bad cough so the Doc recommended we get the Vicks vaporizer. It contains a lot of water and 1 spoon of Vicks vapor steam to help clear congestion and and help with the cough. My dogs are hanging out in the room while its on, we have the door open so that the room isn't all filled with steam, the dogs don't care and it doesn't seem to bother them. The only thing they do is sniff around and might sneeze when i turn it on but after 1 min or 2 they go back to playing or laying around. Just wanted to know if the vaporizer is bad for them or if i shouldnt worry? any input would help :)

Images
    I don't think it's bad for them, is it a humidifier?

3. When my pup Sema had pneumonia the vet recommended I use a vaporizer with Vicks to help ease her coughing. He said it would work just like it helps people.

4. Krista - its a vaporizer

SemasMom- Thanx=)

5. You're welcome. Hope your daughter gets well soon!

Images
    Nah, vaporizers are the best. Way better than smoking. Better for the lungs!

...I'm just kidding. :) It shouldn't harm the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffdog View Post
    Nah, vaporizers are the best. Way better than smoking. Better for the lungs!

...I'm just kidding. :) It shouldn't harm the dog.
    True dat ! lol and about as pure as you can get

Images
    That, and making butter. ;)

That, and making butter. ;)
    Ooh or oil, you can put the butter and oil into everything !! If you infuse it right and dont under-do it, you can get damn near everything into the oil/butter..

Images
    I know! I actually only made the butter once and I don't think I made it right, it wasn't as strong as I thought it would be. Next time I'm doing this:

wow this thread is derailed LOL

Hey, one thing I learned over the years is, dont skimp on quality or quantity, the better quality go for it every time, youll need less in the long run, but also, get as much as you can afford because the more the better lol also use a food processor or $#@!e/coffee grinder, grind it really good, then lets say your using oil, mix it in, and cook it as low down on the heat as you can, damn near off, until the "chunks" look like very dark ground beef, then strain it and there ya go, some of the most potent $#@! youve ever had.
    Never ever ever just "mix it in the brownie mix" always do this first with however much oil the recipe calls for, and as much and as good a quality herbs as you can get your hands on. Trust me it makes all the difference with the grinding it and low and slow cooking. Dont rush it. Youll end up with burn nasty oil.

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

wow this thread is derailed LOL
    Just a little lol

Images
    I haven't ever made oil before, only butter- but I have eaten the oil and it was better than what I cooked using my butter, I'm not sure if the oil was better or if it was just that my butter was sub-par (I don't think I let it soak in the butter long enough and I didn't rinse it with water to get the extra out, either). I'm not sure which I'll make next time, I don't know which is more versatile but whatever I think will probably be able to be used more, is what I'll make. Also I think the grinding it up real thin might be better for bud, but if you're using large quantities of trim/shake I think most of it's so loose that you don't really need to grind it real thin, at least in that video above she didn't.

I haven't ever made oil before, only butter- but I have eaten the oil and it was better than what I cooked using my butter, I'm not sure if the oil was better or if it was just that my butter was sub-par (I don't think I let it soak in the butter long enough and I didn't rinse it with water to get the extra out, either). I'm not sure which I'll make next time, I don't know which is more versatile but whatever I think will probably be able to be used more, is what I'll make. Also I think the grinding it up real thin might be better for bud, but if you're using large quantities of trim/shake I think most of it's so loose that you don't really need to grind it real thin, at least in that video above she didn't.
    IMO oil is better. You can throw it into every recipe almost, and it tastes so damn good, like "nutty" almost, kind of an almond, or walnut flavor. And its a kick your $#@! kind of oil, if you you about 2 cups, and then an Oz or more.
    Just dont use Olive Oil, use something with a higher burning temperature. (canola or vegetable)
    Also, trust me, grinding it, regardless of if its shake or not breaks down the walls more and allows all of the thc to get out because its more exposed to the oil, it really makes all the difference. Leave in everything, stems, seeds, leaves, everything.
    Let me email my friend and see if she still has the directions, we got it from someone who has more years experience with cooking and infusing than our years combined lol