1. Hair growth after skin mites

My dog had skin mites a month ago and vets says they are gone but it doesn't look like the hair is growing back. How long does it take for the hair to grow back. Thanks

2. Get some NuStock and apply it daily. Will definitely help it come back faster ;)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogieman View Post
    Get some NuStock and apply it daily. Will definitely help it come back faster ;)
    Ditto to that - Trusty had demodectic mange a few years ago, and the NuStock was very helpful with hair regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleinemom View Post
    Ditto to that - Trusty had demodectic mange a few years ago, and the NuStock was very helpful with hair regrowth.
    I'll be the third to agree to the Nu-Stock. It helps tremendously!!

Only downfall is that it smells HORRIBLE. Peyton hides under the bed after I apply it because he's SUPER sensitive to smell. Goofy dog.

Images
    Good nutrition for hair and skin will also help tremedously for healing and just giving him a healthy coat. Some of these herbs and nutrients may already be in your dog's food ...

here is a link to one article:

http://dogs.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Herb...Growth_in_Dogs

I agree with everyone else. Take the advice, and the dogs hair will grow back in no time.

7. Ok thanks. So putting it on daily is ok because bottle says every 3 days. On avg. how long should it take to grow back?Also I feed him the high prairie TOTW is that good.

I did it every 3 days but I noticed hair regrowth starting within a week or so after applying it. Hair takes a while to grow naturally but this helps the process along.

9. I came home from work today and it look like more hair is gone. I think he might be biting his hair off. I don't think he has mites anymore. The vet said they were gone and I never see him scratching the bald area.

10. i would give it a week or so, after demodex my guy took a while for his fur too grow back.

Images
    He will ALWAYS have Demodex, which means, he will always be susceptible to outbreaks. Did you go through the Mitaban dips? Our vet gave us a prescription collar that looks just like a flea collar, but helps keep the mites under control. It was good for about 3 months and cost about $20, ask your vet about it.

The thing that most people don't really understand with Demodex is, it can always come back. Mollie had an outbreak at 6 months old. We treated it, and she hasn't had an outbreak since. She will be 7 years old in December. However, this is not always the case. Some dogs have it so bad that they have to have continuous treatments for the rest of their lives. If your pup is scratching and seems to be losing hair again, chances are that the mites are flaring up. I would get your pup in for another scrape, and get treatments set up as soon as possible. Provided proper care and attention to the Demodex, a dog can live a very happy and long life, as long as their owner is always on top of their care and treatments. However, without proper treatments, a dog lives a miserable and painful life, so make sure you stay on top of his treatment, and anytime you see an outbreak, let your vet know so they can do a scrape and get a Mitaban dip or other course of treatment that is best for your dog set up as soon as possible.

Also, NEVER try any of the home remedies you find on the internet or other people recommend to you, such as dipping your dog in used motor oil. Not only do they not work, but they can be fatal to your dog. Always follow the advice your vet gives you to keep the mites under control and if anyone ever recommends the motor oil treatment as a "cheap" way around the vet, keep in mind that that cheap useless suggestion can kill your dog.

As far as the NuStock goes, it will work, but it does stink. My dogs hate it, and will hide for 3 days if they even see the container. I have to admit though, I also hate the smell of it. When I rescued Cooper, I had to put it all over his back for the massive hair loss due to all the tick bites he had on him when I got him. He hated it, and honestly, I would gag every time I put it on him. But that being said, I have to admit, it did aid in the regrowth of his hair. The good thing is, one bottle of it will probably last you for the rest of your life, and your kids lives. :)