Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Pit Bull/Husky Mix

As I said in my intro, his name Aleister. His mom is a full Siberian Husky, gorgeous, a little on the smaller side though. No more than 50 pounds. His dad is a full APBT, he wasn't huge, but definitely big and stocky. Easily 65-70 pounds. He is already getting into everything, which is to be expected, but he is surprising me with how intelligent and devious he is. I'm teaching him that unless we are playing, there is no biting. Well being a puppy, he forgets and still bites sometimes, but every time he goes into bite, I say no in a firm voice, and then he turns the bite into a pretend yawn. It is hilarious. At first I wasn't sure, maybe he was just tired, cause he does sleep ALL THE TIME. But then he did it 4 times in a 15 second span, each time preceded by him trying to bite me, and me saying no. The not so hilarious part, is we have a tug rope, and I'm teaching him that the tug rope is mine, I say when we play with it, and I say when we stop. Which is anytime he tries to bite on my side of the rope, at which point I will just tell him no, and then tell him to drop it. When he does, I point to his side and tell him to get it, and then we continue playing. When he gets too excited and misses the rope and grabs my finger or hand, I say ow in a loud voice, put up the rope, and go stand in the kitchen for a minute(which is also what I normally do when he bites when we aren't playing). The second I step back in the room, where ever he is standing at that exact second, he squats down and starts peeing, staring right at me. The really funny part is he doesn't do this when I do it cause he bit me when we aren't playing. I think this one is going to be a little headstrong. Lol. Good thing I see lots of puppy and obedience cl$#@! in his future. Man, I didn't even mean to type this much, I mainly meant to post pictures, But I could talk about him forever. Anyway, on to the m$#@! of pictures.

There is a lot, so please excuse me, but my girlfriend loves taking pictures.

This is him from when I went to pick him up. At the time, both his ears were curled back.

This is what they look like now.

I think he looks very much the pit bull in this picture. Lol.

He is also a very heavy sleeper. He doesn't generally like being touch while he is asleep though. It makes him spazz out in his sleep.

Here are a few to show off his coloring. You can definitely tell he has some husky in him. and that black stripe on his back just keeps getting thicker and darker. I can't wait to see how he is gonna grow up.

My girlfriend cropped these because she thought it was funny how he looked like two different dogs, depending on which side of his face you were looking at.

This was the original.

This isn't Aleister, obviously, but his sister. Only two were born with both eyes blue, and they were both female. I really wanted a male, but I was VERY tempted to take her, just because she was gorgeous. And she was so small, she was 2/3 Aleister's size, and very quiet and "proper". She was definitely going to become a little lady. But I went with Aleister for his playful personality to match mine and his mismatched eyes.

And this is just a quick video showing him playing with one of his toys.

Once again, sorry for the long post, but I bet it won't be the last. :p

Images
    That would be my fiances dream dog, he wanted a husky and I wanted a pit..I won..but that would have been pefect..LOL so cute!

He is adorable!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SlayerGirl View Post
    That would be my fiances dream dog, he wanted a husky and I wanted a pit..I won..but that would have been pefect..LOL so cute!

LOL.... and a great looking MIX he is.

Aleister is super addorable...and I love the name.

Lol, I have always wanted a husky, and I grew up around pits, so I thought it was an alright compromise for now.I really couldn't afford a purebred husky, and since this was an accidental breeding, my friend just gave him to me. He was just too cute to say no.

And thanks, I chose it for two reasons. First is its the Scottish variant of Alexander, and I'm of Scottish heritage, and secondly, Alexander means defender of mankind, so I figured all together it was a very fitting name.
    Last edited by Bully4Me; 07-11-2011 at 01:16 PM.

wow. thats the cutest mix ive seen yet. btw 65-70 IS huge for an APBT lol

Quote Originally Posted by brindlexpitt View Post
    wow. thats the cutest mix ive seen yet. btw 65-70 IS huge for an APBT lol
    Oh, my friend growing up had a whole bunch of pits, like seriously 8-10 at a time. A few were mixed but none were true breed standard pits. He had three that were seriously around 90 pounds. They were HUGE. The biggest, most muscled out pits I had ever seen in my life. They lived in a not very great area, and would take in pits that people didn't want, or rescuing abused ones, or ones being raised to fight. So when I said he wasn't huge, I was basing it off of those. Sorry, I should have clarified. Lol.

theyre ambully mixes then lol. either way thats not the point of this thread. btw we need pics all the time thanks.

9. Im really curious to see what he looks like when he gets bigger! What a cutie!

Actually 50lbs is on the high side of what a purebred Sibe bitch SHOULD be... unfortunately byb's are breeding a lot of out of standard dogs these days.

Cute pup, but boy I hope both parent's are spayed/neutered now.

I have both a husky and a pit. I feel for you, life is going to be wild for the next several years, lol! Adorable puppy, love the eyes!

Cute. It sounds like he is an Am Bully x Husky though, not an APBT x Husky as APBTs generally don't get that large ;)

There are pictures floating around on here of a Husky x Pit Bull... gorgeous red brindle with striking blue eyes. He was one of the poster's neighbour's dogs

Images
    Cute puppy!

14. That is a seriously cute puppy, just adorable! You mention he is a deep sleeper and doesn't like to be touched while sleeping, this might sound crazy but I think you should check his hearing just to be sure. It's embarrasing but my son had a dog for 2 years before we realized she is deaf and I regret not knowing earlier. She was always very stubborn and we did notice she was a heavy sleeper, of course now we know why. It's interesting how we were fooled because it would SEEM like she could hear but now we realize she learned to compensate and she can pick up vibrations and even air pressure in a room changing (opening door, etc.). Just a thought I had, I sure wish we had know from the start. Good Luck though, he is precious!

Images
    All I can say is that dog is gonna be a handful when it grows up lmao

Awww so cute!!

Quote Originally Posted by phillysmom View Post
    That is a seriously cute puppy, just adorable! You mention he is a deep sleeper and doesn't like to be touched while sleeping, this might sound crazy but I think you should check his hearing just to be sure. It's embarrasing but my son had a dog for 2 years before we realized she is deaf and I regret not knowing earlier. She was always very stubborn and we did notice she was a heavy sleeper, of course now we know why. It's interesting how we were fooled because it would SEEM like she could hear but now we realize she learned to compensate and she can pick up vibrations and even air pressure in a room changing (opening door, etc.). Just a thought I had, I sure wish we had know from the start. Good Luck though, he is precious!

I don't think he is, his ears perk up and he will look at you when you call him from across the room, but he is going to the vet in the next week or two for a full check up. We actually thought he might be blind in one eye, but we don't think so anymore. We shall see what the vet says.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffdog View Post
    All I can say is that dog is gonna be a handful when it grows up lmao
    Lawls, yeah no doubt. He is a handful now. He has a TON of energy, and if you don't play with him, he uses all that energy to try and destroy everything. My g/f can't handle him sometimes because she just wants to sit on the computer and let him play. And he just wants to play with her.

He is ADORABLE. GOOD LUCK! You have a mix of two very intelligent and high energy dogs lol.. He's definitely going to keep you busy for years XP Can't wait to watch him grow!

Images
    Very nice pup!!! :D

Images
    Those EYES just rock! I'm curious to see how he looks when he grows up, please keep us updated...and pics too! Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast