is my 6 month old under weight and small for a Pitbull puppy

hi i have a 6 month old pitbull he is 19 inches at withers and weighs 18.5kg is this ok for his age or is he small for his age and i was also wondering if anyone can tell me how big he will get sire was 23 inches and dam was 19 inches ?

Images
    It's very hard to tell if a dog's weight is good without a picture. Post a sideview pic and a pic from above. Also, post what you're feeding and how much.

As far as the parents' size, I can't say much to that. My Dogo's parents were both over 100lbs and my Dogo is 73lbs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lux 5months.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	30281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lux dad.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	30282 lux and his dad

Images
    He's super cute. If you can get a pic of him standing, a sideview and one from above, it'll be easier to tell. As is, he doesn't look underweight.. But it's still hard to tell when he's sitting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lux stand.jpg 
Views:	626 
Size:	430.8 KB 
ID:	30290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lux stand 2.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	479.3 KB 
ID:	30291

i havnt taken one of him from above yet but this is a side pic he doesnt stay still for pictures

He looks fine to me... from the side, no ribs no hip bones or back bones...

Images
    I agree with Pookie.. He doesn't look underweight at all. I wouldn't judge his weight by his parents. Like I said, my Dogo is A LOT smaller than his parents.

im glad his weight is ok ,how tall do you think he will get ? and what age do pitbulls stop there growth upwards ?

Images
    Him and his sire are both great looking dogs :) And he does not appear underweight at all

Images
    Handsome pup you got! It's hard to say when he will stop growing, every puppy grows at a different rate.

12. Looks very healthy! Not at all underweight.

I know this is almost impossible, but STOP WORRYING ABOUT HEIGHT/WEIGHT for about the next year! You can loosely estimate his growth rate on that of his parents and littermates, but take that with a grain of salt as all dogs are individuals. As long as he is not looking grossly malnourished (he's not), just let him grow at whatever rate he's going to grow at. You can't change genetics and you'll only worry yourself sick

13. thanks for the feedback he was the only pup born there was no other pups so i cant compare him, but yea i guess your right at the end of the day it comes down to his genetics, i feed him eukaniba and he gets minced beef as well i feed him 3 times a day is this an OK diet i also give him cod-liver oil?

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LailaBug View Post
    Him and his sire are both great looking dogs :) And he does not appear underweight at all
    thanks my mind is at ease because i see him every day its hard to tell if he a good weight

oh my goodness!! he is absolutely handsome and cuteeee and no, he is not underweight one bit :) let him grow and keep him on a proper diet don't worry about his height/weight until he is fully matured ;) than you'll know how to safely work with him from there and out.

15. thanks he gets his own way with my girlfriend all the time he knows how to put on the puppy eyes lol what age will he be fully mature at ?