1. Lightbulb The best bully supplement is.........?

I have an eight month old pitbull that weighs in at 48lbs. his muscle tone is kindof bland and I would like to see him bulk up a little bit. I have seen alot about K9 Mega and other supplements. Not sure where to turn. Any suggestions?

Images
    First: Welcome to PBC! Hope you stay and learn a lot.

Post your question in http://www.pitbull-chat.com/forumdis...tritional-Care
    I would also add what/how much food you're feeding into your first post. That's a question you'll be asked. :)

Images
    What do you mean by bulk up? These dogs are supposed to be medium. :)

And he is only 8 months..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Krista View Post
    What do you mean by bulk up? These dogs are supposed to be medium. :)
    Not to mention he is 8 mos. old...

Images
    Well yeah that too. Just let him be a puppy. :)

Let him be a pup, he's only 8 months. Worry about conditioning after he hits a year, or a little older. A high quality, grain free kibble is something you could do in the meantime (if you aren't feeding one already).

Images
    supplements will not bulk up your dog. when he is grown up you can work him. work, healthy diet and genetics will have his muscles show under his coat.

Images
    wait till the dog is atleast a year and a half then start working him. Until then there is no need for any kind of supplements unless its for general health.

Just feed him a good quality all life stages food and don't worry about working and honing those muscles until he is a year and a half old. :)

the best and only supplement is genetics.... If his parents were small, he will be.. Just like if 2 parents were 5'4 and 120 and 135, their child most likely isnt going to be 6'6 265 if you get what i'm saying.

12. I agree with everyone above. Genetics play a big roll. Also feed your dog a good quality food and plenty of exercise. I tried the K9 Mega and my dogs hated it. Its actually still in my closet. Waste of money and their money back guarantee is voided once you open the package haha.

I don't use any of those supplements but a good raw diet even during conditioning. Which I only began to up zoey's exercises when she was close to 2 years. Maturity, a good diet, and genetics will help you to see what you will be working towards when the correct time approaches to worry about conditioning.

a lil chicken and rice with a lil garlic with what ever food you like. You should be more focused on training intelligence, behavior and what will be expected and not excepted.
    Bulking up is just for bullies bro or maybe you just want you dog living large thats cool. Genetics and good conditioning will do what is necessary for your dogs look want him beefier
    work him out more and pop them muscles bro. You will one day see your dog shining in the sunlight light after some athletic play where you see the superior movements of this breed
    and it will hit you and you will just see your boy for all that he is and what he can do, and that added weight doesn't necessarily help when you see him in that light.
    Best of luck with your boy.

whats the garlic do?

Images
    you have to be VERY careful when choosing to give garlic to a dog. garlic can be toxic to dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsMommy View Post
    you have to be VERY careful when choosing to give garlic to a dog. garlic can be toxic to dogs.
    thats what i heard to so thats why i asked

Yes but in small amounts it can be beneficial. I have owned for a little over 18 years and have never had a problem.

"When it comes to your pet's health, do you want to follow facts or fears? Unfortunately, garlic has come under attack. This is primarily as a result of garlic's close cousin onion's reputation for triggering hemolytic or "Heinz factor" anemia (where circulating red blood cells burst) through its high concentration of thiosulphate. With onions, a single generous serving can cause this reaction. Garlic simply DOES NOT CONTAIN THE SAME CONCENTRATION of this compound! In fact, it is barely traceable and readily excreted (not stored in the body).

Despite this fact, garlic is falling victim to m$#@! hysteria spread through the internet. Yes, there are 51,174 sites devoted to warning about the "toxicity" of garlic, this hysteria has even prompted the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center to place a warning on garlic although there is little scientific data to back this claim other than the fact that thiosulphate is also found in garlic. Yet, there are also over 400,000 sites still proclaiming its benefits, many of them from reputable holistic veterinarians who have widely used garlic in their practice for many years! How can an herb suddenly turn so bad?!

There is no doubt that onion, due to its concentration of thiosulphate, will cause Heinz factor anemia. In addition, as stated by Wendy Wallner, DVM, "Onions are only one of the substances which can cause Heinz body anemia. Other substances such as Acetaminophen (Tylenol) and benzocaine-containing topical preparations can also cause Heinz body anemia in the dog." The latter probably accounts for many cases as it is prevalent in creams often recommended for allergy-suffering pets due to its ability to numb the itch. It is absorbed through the skin and builds up in the blood stream. This other substance is likely to have been involved in cases where garlic was suspect.

For centuries, as long as humans have been using herbs, garlic has been a primary remedy turned to in a majority of cases. For as long as people have been using garlic, they have also been feeding it to their animal companions. Its properties have proven far reaching, easy on the body and safe to use. In the past fifty years, during the rebirth of holistic medicine in the United States, garlic has been in the forefront. Every text that I have researched on herbal health which mentions pet care has recommended it, especially for its incredible anti-parasitic and anti-septic properties. In my own experience, garlic has also benefited pets with cancer, diabetes, liver, heart and kidney disease, uncontrollable staph infections and a host of other conditions, as well as been a staple in my recommended preventative protocols. It has been widely used by hundreds of thousands of pet owners with no reported negative side-effects - except its effect on their animal's breath - until now. This is the point; garlic has suddenly become a "suspect," not proven the culprit. Do not let m$#@! hysteria determine a holistic care program for your dog or cat. Follow hundreds of years of "proven use" rather than recent "suspicions" in regards to this miracle herb, as garlic is known to be. As with anything, do use garlic in reasonable doses, and do know that you can trust history over hysteria.

Images
    thanks for the info :)
    i still would rather err on the safe side. there are other choices that are known to be safe that do the same things that garlic claims to do. i do a lot of natural and holistic things with my boy but garlic is still something i avoid. i am not comfotable with garlic in my dog's diet.