Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKnapp View Post
    I think NGK is just from the school of thought that if it isn't gamebred then it isn't an APBT. I think we can all agree that yes, the true original APBT are gamebred ones. I myself own a Lar-San boy. I know that many others will call him an AMSTAFF, and thats fine. IMO he is a showbred APBT. It's almost a moot point, since we don't compete in the same "venue." I love gamebred dogs and will own one someday, I was just interested in conformation and other events and Lar-San pretty much does it all. I think both gamebred breeders and showbred breeders are healthy for the breed.
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...&dog_id=388766
    You are absolutely correct and im glad at least someone see's it, thank you.

I also admire that you can see what you own for what it is and not try to portray your dog or yourself as something that it/you are not, wish there was more people as open minded as yourself out there it would be refreshing.

As a show bred dog your dog fits the bill and looks good.

All the best from Normans Gamedogs.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NGK View Post
    Let me correct myself, That would mean you own siblings of Mav or half siblings WOW, thats quite a feat, straws I $#@!ume were used to create these Grandsons / Grandaughters of Midnight Cowboy.
    lol didnít mean granddaughter/son off mid cowboy but others yes i do....i have foundation lines in mid cowboy sorry for the typeo confusion....i do have some that close to skull and everlast cowboy jack ect. Sorry for the confusion...wish i had an mid cowboy that close lol i just have an issue u sayin paople that show ruin the dogs cuz i have dogs that are off some greats and those lines need to be kept alive and in good hands....thats all i have to say.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKnapp View Post
    I think NGK is just from the school of thought that if it isn't gamebred then it isn't an APBT. I think we can all agree that yes, the true original APBT are gamebred ones. I myself own a Lar-San boy. I know that many others will call him an AMSTAFF, and thats fine. IMO he is a showbred APBT. It's almost a moot point, since we don't compete in the same "venue." I love gamebred dogs and will own one someday, I was just interested in conformation and other events and Lar-San pretty much does it all. I think both gamebred breeders and showbred breeders are healthy for the breed.
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...&dog_id=388766
    I agree in the case of APBT only... conditioning for show, from what I know, keeps a dog good and healthy and a dog with bad defects can't get into condition, so real unhealthy dogs don't get their genes passed on... Where as other breeds just had to look pretty, so if your GSD is walking on its hocks, okay, if your Eng. Bulldog can't breathe, okay, if your Basset has abrasions from his skin dragging on the ground, okay, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by NGK View Post
    Thats the best one so far, lmao a cop...

Listen Boogieman The worst thing you can say on the phone is "Don't talk on the phone", besides you don't have anything to hide so who cares.
    Since when did being innocent mean you won't get arrested for dog fighting?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vicntn View Post
    lol didn*t mean granddaughter/son off mid cowboy but others yes i do....i have foundation lines in mid cowboy sorry for the typeo confusion....i do have some that close to skull and everlast cowboy jack ect. Sorry for the confusion...wish i had an mid cowboy that close lol i just have an issue u sayin paople that show ruin the dogs cuz i have dogs that are off some greats and those lines need to be kept alive and in good hands....thats all i have to say.
    I don't think it's show breeders ruining the breed. If you ask me, it's folks who breed dogs for no reason other than their bloodline, dogs not proven in ANYTHING, not even conditioned once in their lives. I mean look at Frisco, what the hell did he ever do to warrant being bred other than have a nice ped (if you're into Chinaman). Nothing. He produced a bunch of good dogs, sure, but I think that's in spite of him, not because of him (seriously, if you breed a dog THAT MUCH you are bound to have winners). My point is, at least show breeders are doing SOMETHING to prove their dogs instead of just saying "Nice ped, time to breed ya" when they do nothing but sit fat on a chain.

Images
    yea i get that and agree and that why i show mine lol cant really do anything other then that ...sine the 70's lol so show ring it is :)

6. (Quoting Diva's post, but it didn't let me for some reason...)

Totally seconding this. Blaizen is a wonderful person and full of information as are Dtwo and her hubby (and not just about the Boogieman dogs either, though that's their corner!). It's always a pleasure to smoosh on Diva's Blaizen Kennel dogs or the others I get to see at shows. They're incredibly quick witted, intelligent and gentle dogs.
    Last edited by shadowwolf; 05-25-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: didn't quote post...

No worries NGK, I completely see and understand where you're coming from. Like I said, I am more than excited to one day own a true, original gamebred APBT. Probably when my female p$#@!, she's almost ten. I would never claim that my dog is game bred. Do I feel he is still an APBT? Yes, I do, however I can totally see how others would disagree, and thats quite alright. I will respectfully agree to disagree. Who knows, maybe one day I would like the chance, if given, to get something off one of your dogs, if you do breed them. But, I do clearly make the distinction between show bred and game bred. Like I sed, I just do consider them both APBT's, just different variations, if that makes sense. Or to real dogmen fanciers, you would call show bred APBT's, just Amstaffs by any other name. Not saying you are wrong or right, only that I have a different opinion. Best of wishes NGK, and thank you for carrying on the tradition of the real APBT. BTW, I'll kick ur $#@! in legal events! LOL

Thread closed. Too much drama to moderate.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234