Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. best chew toy for a pitbull

anyone have any tips for my dogs next chew toy. my dogs always rip them apart in like 5-10 minutes also how how much they cost,thank for any help

Images

Images
    i supervise and when i see him start to wreck a toy i take it away and give it back..it helps to minimize the destrucion.

Images
    Kongs, Raw Bones, Antler, Rubber Mallet head with the handle cut off, knotted garden hose or leather, old gum-boots, tires with all the metal removed....
    I have heard good things about Cuz brand toys as well.

nothin!!! nothing ever last with these dogs. besides another dog lmaoo
    my dogs kong wubba lasted the longest but even that needs replacing now smh

I bought a wheelbarrow tire from Wal-Mart for $10. Its got no metal in it and has lasted forever.

7. Mine only get raw bones, I ask for them at the store and they are cheap. I have yet to find a toy that mine do not destroy

8. The only toy my dog hasn't destroyed is her black GoughNuts.

GoughNuts Dog Chew Toy

i use a lacross ball, daisy loves it and its durable as hell

We make our own out of junk, some good ideas posted, thank you.

Nothing has gone the distance to date, I think of toys as disposable.

Mine get galileo bones, which last pretty long. They also get black kongs, but only when I fill them.
    They get bully sticks to chew on, and I make a fleece tug for Nick, which hold up pretty good, not to mention they are SUPER cheap.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
    We make our own out of junk, some good ideas posted, thank you.

Nothing has gone the distance to date, I think of toys as disposable.
    I also thought all toys were disposable until I got a black Goughnut. My dog has had hers for a little over a year (and it's in her mouth almost everywere she is) and it's just starting to show slight signs of wear. If it does get messed up for $ 5 I get another one. Before I got it I was buying her new toys every week. Since the goughnut I really haven't had to get her anything else. But some dogs don't like chewing rubber toys.

Other toys I use are galileo bones and ropes. So far that's the only thing she doesn't destroy in a minute or less.

I have a lacross ball that I was thinking of letting her have and I keep meaning to get a wheelbarrow tire.
    Last edited by Username!; 05-20-2011 at 09:51 AM.

whats the opinion on nylabones around here? got one for my pup, and she loves it

Images
    my boy just loves his car tire, but with the metal in it,i didnt like letting him chew on it, cause he wuld chew off peices of rubber right where the metal is, so i went and found him a old dirtbike tire, and cut the metal ring out that goes along the edge to mount it...he loves it even more due to the big ruber knobbies on it that he can get a bite on..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BunkMoreland View Post
    whats the opinion on nylabones around here? got one for my pup, and she loves it
    Nylabones?? - Products & Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by BransensMom View Post

interesting

Quote Originally Posted by cliffdog View Post
    This^^ the best and they will replace it for free if the dog destroys it.

gough nut i have bought three now all the dogs have their own, and i bought some firehose toys and they have so far lasted longer than two weeks that is th elongest any other toy other than the goughnuts have lasted

19. I just found out about the GoughNut, and I will be getting one. We have used the Kongs, and they last a few months for Serene, but she only chews them when there is food in them. She's also had a Tire Traxx for a long time. She started to rip pieces off of it, but really likes to run around shaking it. And the very best ball out there is the Unbreakoball. It's guaranteed as well. There is an Almost Indestructible Ball that Serene did not like because she could not catch it ever. The Unbreakoball has holes that they can put their teeth into to grasp it, but it is still a little tricky. We play keep away with her with it. And we also always give her raw bones too.

Images
    Souper Galileo bone.... best thing you will ever find, and very sturdy for these chewers. It has stood up to Mollie, Bella and Cooper, and they still take turns with it. While they are a bit expensive on the front end, it is well worth the money, and in the long run, cheaper than tons of cheaper toys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast