Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Oh man.. Petco has Giant Bettas...

They're selling them as King Bettas and now there are online reports about this new strain and etc.. I've known of them for years and I about died when I saw them at petco last night... I thought it was a distortion of the cup at first, but then it came to the front and was still a good 2.5" and beautiful.

King PK in comparison to a normal PK.
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb...2rwfo1_250.jpg

Images
    I've had many Bettas...such personalities!

Kind of cool. I got my betta at PetCo. He's a delta tail. I would like to get another one but I'm not sure what I would get... nor do I really have the room.

Images
    I wouldn't buy one from wacky wally's or any store, Betta breeders have better fish.

Images
    Yeah, I'd feel bad buying a betta from a pet store. Petco (mine at least) takes pretty good care of their fish, and even 'adopt' the sick, injured or deformed out to good home.

Don't know what I'll do.

oooo I want one! I wonder how he would do in our big tank. We have some cichlids.

Images
    Wouldn't mind having one of the big ones though, kind of funny, they have their own form of byb's, peddlers and such.

Unfortunately just about every animal does...

Images
    Probably not too good, Amber.
    I might be wrong, I've been out of aquaria so long.. but don't Cichlids like their water hard? And bettas like it soft.. not to mention cichlids are tough little boogers, might hurt the betta.

Most cichlids are mean as sin and would probably pick all the fins off the poor betta

that is what I was thinking..... :(( I want one though......

Tempting,...

I really wish I had the money to get a 5 gallon tank - I've been reading up on the Aqueon aquarium kits and it's a good deal. I would love to get another betta and a couple other fish.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberL View Post
    that is what I was thinking..... :(( I want one though......
    Get one of those little 5gal tank set ups, look on CL and see if you can find a cheap one.. then go get you a betta!!! :D

I just may.... they are very tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by pookie! View Post
    Most cichlids are mean as sin and would probably pick all the fins off the poor betta
    You aren't lying. I had cichlids for the longest time and damn were they some mean sons of bitches.

I have one that is super aggressive, the rest just pretty much mind their own business. The fin nippers are the avacado puffer and the sunset barb. They are both very aggressive and FAST.

The Petco we go to has had the Kings for quite some time. Neat fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by AmberL View Post
    oooo I want one! I wonder how he would do in our big tank. We have some cichlids.
    I was always under the impression Bettas had to be kept separate from other fish. Atleast that is what we were told when I bought my sisters their bettas

Images
    Depends on the individual.. I had a betta who was cold as it got, he wouldn't even flare at other males.. He lived on a communal setup with females.. But then I have had several who will attack anything at all that moves..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast