1. Looking for Photos of ALL the "Pit Bull" breeds. Need your help!

A girl at work asked "well whats the difference between an APBT and anything else? Aren't they all the same? I can't tell a difference." and I'd like to show her the differences, but heres the thing. In photos it's REALLY hard to tell the size of the dog. So when you put an AST next to an SBT and Am Bully, you can't tell a difference between sizes. A SBT looks the same size as an AST even though they are much smaller.

So I need help. I'm looking for photos that I can use (maybe even in the future to show the differences) of an APBT, AST, SBT and an Am Bully all next to a common object like a Pop Bottle. Something everyone can look at and judge the size difference. I'd like it even more if they were Champions of their breed. Any help would be very much appreciated. I've done some Google searches but do you know how many photos there are out there of just APBTs?

I wish I could find a photo of all 4 breeds next to each other, but since that's unlikely, I figure this is the next best thing.

2. There is only one "pit" breed and that is the American Pit Bull Terrier

4. I have some photos here in this thread, but please do not refer to any of my dogs as "pits" except for the ones that are if you use them to show someone....I have American Pit Bull Terriers and American Bullies those are the proper breed names ....thanks
    Is there a war between APBT and Ambully Owners? - General Dog Discussions

5. Quote Originally Posted by CelticKarma View Post
    There is only one "pit" breed and that is the American Pit Bull Terrier
    Um, you are incorrect. The term "Pit Bull" refers to the APBT, AST, and SBT. The American Bully breed is still to new for most people to know, but they "look" like Pit Bulls so they fall under that term as well. It is also used as a term referring to the APBT normally only used by other APBT owners.

Just to prove my point:

Wikipedia:
    A Pit bull is any of several breeds of dog in the molosser breed group.

http://dictionary.reference.com/:
    pit bull terrier 
    –noun
    American Staffordshire terrier.
    Also called pit bull .

Google "Definition Pit Bull":
    pit bull
    Noun: The American Staffordshire terrier, popularly $#@!ociated with ferocity and often provoked because of this belief.

Pit bull - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    pit bull noun
    : a dog (as an American Staffordshire terrier) of any of several breeds or a real or apparent hybrid with one or more of these breeds that was developed and is now often trained for fighting and is noted for strength and stamina
    : an aggressive and tenacious person

And just refer to any Dangerous dog law and see what they list as a "Pit Bull"

I don't like it either, but those are the facts.

Thanks, but those are NOT what I'm looking for. I have those saved just so when I'm talking about the differences between the APBT and the different show venues they can have something to look at. But again thats NOT what I was even asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticKarma View Post
    I have some photos here in this thread, but please do not refer to any of my dogs as "pits" except for the ones that are if you use them to show someone....I have American Pit Bull Terriers and American Bullies those are the proper breed names ....thanks
    Just because of your phrasing, I'll p$#@! on using any of your photos. I'm not some new person who has just stumbled into the breed or this board. I quit a while back because of attitudes like yours. Sad to see things haven't changed much around here. I honestly came asking this here because I wanted to get this out to more people of the breed. If you want to help, fine, but otherwise, please in the future reread what your type and make sure your post don't sound so harsh. While no you don't need to sugarcoat things, you also don't need to be rude about it as well.

Images
    Nubby, you are incorrect and so is wikipedia.
    Sure, the AmStaff were at one time American Pit Bull Terriers, but when bred for a totally opposite reason ( show and not go) for generations, they then became a totally seperate breed. The Staffordshire Terrier is not the same breed as the APBT.
    And the AmBully, well there is no way in hell that it is close to being the same breed, and this umbrella term bs has to go.

You also refer to the dangerous dog laws, well look at the dimwits that p$#@! those, are you expecting those morons to know what the hell an APBT is or looks like?
    Like others said, there is only one breed and that is the American Pit Bull Terrier.
    Last edited by CoolHandJean; 05-09-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticKarma View Post
    I have some photos here in this thread, but please do not refer to any of my dogs as "pits" except for the ones that are if you use them to show someone....I have American Pit Bull Terriers and American Bullies those are the proper breed names ....thanks
    What exactly is an American Bully? I thought that the bully breeds was another catch all big strong dogs..I have asked a few people, just what are they mixing to create what they call an American Bully? Is that an American Bulldog?
    Last edited by SoCalPitGal; 07-07-2012 at 04:13 AM.

By the way... This is an old thread :)

But American Bullies and American Bulldogs aren't the same.

American Bulldog

American Bully

You can look at the ABKC (American Bully Kennel Club) for more information on them. They started out as, I believe, APBT/Am Staff mixes, but a lot of them today are *clearly* mixed with English Bulldogs and such to create the shorter/wider look that some desire.

by the way, does it matter that this is an old thread? Its new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    By the way... This is an old thread :)

But American Bullies and American Bulldogs aren't the same.

American Bulldog

American Bully

You can look at the ABKC (American Bully Kennel Club) for more information on them. They started out as, I believe, APBT/Am Staff mixes, but a lot of them today are *clearly* mixed with English Bulldogs and such to create the shorter/wider look that some desire.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPitGal View Post
    It does when you're responding to someone and the likelihood of them coming back to check an old thread for a response is slim. And then old bumped threads get responses where no one answers them because people don't realize that the thread is a year old or more.

Also, it's bad Internet etiquette to hijack a thread. If you want to ask a question in someone else's thread, it's customary to start a new thread. :)

What exactly is an American Bully? I thought that the bully breeds was another catch all big strong dogs..I have asked a few people, just what are they mixing to create what they call an American Bully? Is that an American Bulldog?
    ABKC.org

Well, I answered your question so now you can leave it alone and be happy ;)