1. Dog has rash on inside of her legs

My female pit has had a rash on the inside of her legs for a couple weeks now. Looks pretty raw due to her biting and licking it a lot. It's on the inside of her legs only and doesn't seem to be spreading anywhere. Anyone have a idea what may be causing it or what it may be?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-05-08 03.01.44.jpg 
Views:	4744 
Size:	976.4 KB 
ID:	10249  

Has she seen a vet? It's more than likely allergies, considering the time of year. And it does look like she's been licking it a lot.

You can give Benadryl to see if it helps, it's 1mg/per pound. That usually does the trick for my dogs if they happen to get a little red on their bellies.

Could she be sprawling from the picture it is very hard to tell what area is affected i see the "rash" which to me looks like a strawberry or carpet burn, unless she has licked it to the point that it looks like that in which case i would have it seen, does she law down with her legs to the side like a frog? mine does it all the time and he consistently has rashes on the inside of his thighs and belly...

Images
    My dog has the same itchy area, and benedryl does wonders, I also sprinkle the area with corn starch when I do the benedryl. However if it's more on her tummy area (which is what it looks like from the picture) she could be expieriencing gastric issues, I can always tell when my horses have an upset tummy (colic), they will lay down and keep turning their head to the offending stomach. If you notice that it is shortly after she eats, her digestive tract may be involved, in which case I wouldn't hesitate to get her to a vet. Even if it's not, if what kady has suggested, along with the corn starch doesn't provide her any relief, then I think a vet visit is in order anyway. Good Luck!

While I'm not a Veterinarian it looks to me like the beginning stages of a Staph infection or a rash from allergies. Gidget has seasonal allergies issues. My Vet told me to just put her on Benadryl.

does it feel like her arm[its sweat and or does she smell? it could be yeast infection

Looks like gr$#@! rash to me or just a rash from licking.
    Use bag balm (for cow utters) and stop her when you see her licking that area because that's only making the area more irratated.
    Benedryl is a good option too (but I personally would never use corn starch... corn is one of the most common allergies in dogs).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze N' Pits View Post
    Looks like gr$#@! rash to me or just a rash from licking.
    Use bag balm (for cow utters) and stop her when you see her licking that area because that's only making the area more irratated.
    Benedryl is a good option too (but I personally would never use corn starch... corn is one of the most common allergies in dogs).

oops, my bad, I had actually forgotten about that as my dogs do not.. but yeah, forgo the cornstarch.

Does the rash come and go (like, after she's been outside for a few hours?) or does it pretty much stay 24/7?

Just asking because with my guy, if he's been outside rolling around in the gr$#@! (especially freshly cut gr$#@!) he'll come inside with an itchy, red belly but it only lasts a few hours and goes away. Really helps if I wipe his tummy with a babywipe after he's been outside for a while, and pop him a benadryl or two if he gets really red.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullyful View Post
    oops, my bad, I had actually forgotten about that as my dogs do not.. but yeah, forgo the cornstarch.
    lol... I kinda figured your poochy was allergy free.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze n' pits View Post
    lol... I kinda figured your poochy was allergy free.
    :d

12. my dog has a horrible rash, all over her tummy around her tail, everywhere, the vet has her on antibiotics, and a venison sweet potato dog food, she also takes benedryl, it is still horrible after a couple weeks... water seems to set it off, whether the lake or the sprinkler which she loves so I keep her away from that!!! it feels hot to the touch, will the bag balm work, I am running out of options and money!! my poor girl needs help...

13. My dogs rash is horrible, help!!!!

my dog has a horrible rash, all over her tummy around her tail, everywhere, the vet has her on antibiotics, and a venison sweet potato dog food, she also takes benedryl, it is still horrible after a couple weeks... water seems to set it off, whether the lake or the sprinkler which she loves so I keep her away from that!!! it feels hot to the touch, will the bag balm work, I am running out of options and money!! my poor girl needs help... please look at attached file
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tembers rash.jpg 
Views:	2678 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	43131