PetArmor versus Frontline?

Someone on another forum asked if anyone had heard about "PetArmor." They've been toting themselves as the "generic Frontline." Why?

"PetArmor is a generic version of Frontline with the same active ingredient—fipronil. The fipronil patent (U.S. Patent # 5,232,940) has expired, clearing the way for generic products to be available." (Pet Armor)

Has anyone heard anything about this? It's $28 / 3 months supply.

I saw it, but haven't tried it.

My vet is against them. He says there are more problems with th OTC flea stuff. While the main ingredient may be the same, the "inert" ingredients can be different and the possibility for allerigic reactions are more common.

I think it would ok as long you don't have a real sensitive dog. I mean I know a lot people that use yard chemicals on their dogs w/o issue! But I guess I'll wait awhile to try it just to be on the safe side!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany3483 View Post
    While the main ingredient may be the same, the "inert" ingredients can be different and the possibility for allerigic reactions are more common.

This was the first thing that comes to mind.

That and they may use the SAME active ingredient, but they may use it in defferent levels in as well.

Besides...google search under "shopping" for Frontline 3 pk. You can get the real thing cheaper. Starting at $22.

frontline - Google Search

cool it's a knockoff... be weary of imitators ;)

I hadn't planned on using it, but I didn't know if anyone else had.

I was also worried about the inactive ingredients/carrier ingredients in the formulation as well.

The patent on Frontline expired and now other companies are cashing in on the formula. I'd just buy whatever is cheaper...even the weight ranges are exactly the same as Frontline. From what I have heard it is identical.

Here is the comparison chart if you need confirmation of that:
    http://www.petarmor.com/works/compare.php

Make sure it's the same dosage and same drug and why not, no reason to pay more for a brand name, I read this was coming out in a vet magazine awhile back, wonder if I can find it around here.

8. Like I said...you can find Frontline cheaper than this new stuff, you just have to shop around.

Google search (under shopping) frontline 3 pk, and you will see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    Make sure it's the same dosage and same drug and why not, no reason to pay more for a brand name, I read this was coming out in a vet magazine awhile back, wonder if I can find it around here.

It will be available at wal-mart.

I didn't have any luck with Frontline so I sure as heck won't be buying this crap either.

11. I heard a lot of vets stopped carrying Frontline because of this in any event...something about not trusting them to "stick to high standards".

TRIM YOUR DOGS NAILS BEFORE I BRING IT UP Land, right next to MD
    Images
    revolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11