Exclamation Old footage of Dogo vs boar & cougar

For the Dogo Argentino enthusiasts:

Images
    That video is plain moronic.. I see a pig with no cutters, so more or less defenseless against the dog, which is proving nothing.. that the crown of dicks let the dog torture. Psh won't even say anything about the little mountain cat.. I'm a Dogo enthusiast, and I find this idiotic.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

I just -personally- can't imagine many people getting enjoyment out of this video, if they care for animals like I do, that is.

Nice. Animal cruelty at it's best.

No doubt, that little cat had no claws or teeth.

Images
    I was thinking the same thing about the cat being declawed. It's hitting the Dogo a million times and there's NO blood on it's white coat?

TRIM YOUR DOGS NAILS BEFORE I BRING IT UP Land, right next to MD
    Images
    Wtf! Ugh

This one is better, and shows dogos doing a job, not torturing poor defenseless animals.

I am confused. I thought the job of the dog was to find and then hold the prey for the hunters to catch up and kill it. Is this vid training for that? Because this boar also did not have tusks and the hunters knew exactly where it was. Just trying to learn, don't know too much about the hunt or how its supposed to work.

That second vid is no better. You can see fencing in the background so I suspect the hog was pened up and used for "practice".

Quote Originally Posted by speedpeddler View Post
    That second vid is no better. You can see fencing in the background so I suspect the hog was pened up and used for "practice".
    But how else is a dog supposed to learn :confused: I literally have no idea because I dont hunt, but I would think they need to learn with a live animal at some point.

oh yay.... more useless torture!

Yes they have to learn by using live hogs, BUT to me the second video hows that the dogs are learning/doing a job. The hog can obviously hurt them that is why they have their vests on, and the hog can move around a lot more than the cage in the first one.

I dont think hog hunting is torture, they need to hunt hogs or they destroy and eat everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned View Post
    That video is plain moronic.. I see a pig with no cutters, so more or less defenseless against the dog, which is proving nothing.. that the crown of dicks let the dog torture. Psh won't even say anything about the little mountain cat.. I'm a Dogo enthusiast, and I find this idiotic.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

I just -personally- can't imagine many people getting enjoyment out of this video, if they care for animals like I do, that is.

1:50 till 1:53 you can can clearly see the hog's cutters.
    Last edited by blu3br1ndle; 04-26-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Anyone who hunts around to explain how it works to us newbies?

14. The first video has been removed so I couldn't see it...

But for the second... Thats not cruel, thats dogs serving the purpose they were intended for! The dogs are supposed to catch and hold the hog till the hunters get there to dispatch or tie it. Its hard to say exactly what is going on in that video because it does look more like a filmed setup for training in an enclosed area. But thats a pretty damn big piggy and you wanna make sure your dogs are up to the task before you're out in the woods in an uncontrolled situation where you could get gored and be SOL 5 clicks from the truck! Alot of people keep a hog penned up so they can teach dogs to catch with it. They'll let a young dog see an experienced catchdog at work in the pen or let them both go together hoping the young dog will follow suit and latch onto the pig too.

And if you feel sorry for the hogs then you probably don't know much about them. They are destructive to property, they can be dangerous, and they are considered a huge pest! They are non-native so they don't really have natural predators in many areas, and in some places the government has even setup eradication programs because they are such a problem.

Yep. I lived in Arkansas and the Razorbacks were SCARY AS HELL! They were mean, and would attack and eat your $#@!! Now people in AZ think the Javelina are mean, pshhhhh let them see and actual hog! Javelina arent even pigs lol