Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Colby Pit Bull Terrier

I saw a guy in a pick-up down our street when I was walking Tasha this afternoon and he had a nice looking Pit Bull in his truck.
    I asked him if it was an American Pit Bull Terrier and he said it was a "Colby" of whom I am not familiar with.
    This link told some about it. Damn these dog bloodlines get complex. :eek:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_colby_pit_bull_dog

Yep, The Colby name is quite important to APBT history.

4. Here is Tat2stuff's Colby dog:

http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=8645

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    She is absolutely stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by Maddie's Mom View Post
    She is absolutely stunning!
    I second that! What do these dogs cost? I am sure it is a premium price. :eek:

7. Quote Originally Posted by Proud Marine Dad View Post

I don't know.

Bella is JC's girlfriend:D JC stares at her picture all day while I'm at work

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    I don't know.

Bella is JC's girlfriend:D JC stares at her picture all day while I'm at work

LOL...He is plum eat up, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Marine Dad View Post
    Not sure, but I believe he is very picky about whom gets a pup from him. If you e-mail him, I believe he'd be willing to answer any questions you might have.

I was just curious CoolHandJean.
    I couldn't afford a mutt right now. :D

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Proud Marine Dad View Post
    she was worth every penny ;)

Images
    http://www.colbypitbull.com/treadmil.htm

There is contact info for the Colby's. Give him a call & see. Who knows what he may say.

The Colby strain is the oldest and purest of all APBT bloodlines. Pretty much every APBT today traces back to Colby at some point in its pedigree.

The Colby family has been producing quality dogs for over 100 years now. All my dogs that I have owned throughout my life have been Colby bred dogs or Colby crosses. They are wonderful dogs with a tremendous athlectic working ability with heart and drive to match. I do not reccomend these dogs to the novice.

Lou still breeds but not like he use to, most the time you if you do not know him you will go on a waiting list. I have paid $400-$500 and even upwards of $800+ depending on the breeding, I have also gotten a couple for free.

One of the best resources is his book, Colbys Book of The American Pit Bull Terrier. Its all about the Colby dogs and how it all started.

Quote Originally Posted by ColbyDogs View Post
    The Colby strain is the oldest and purest of all APBT bloodlines. Pretty much every APBT today traces back to Colby at some point in its pedigree.

The Colby family has been producing quality dogs for over 100 years now. All my dogs that I have owned throughout my life have been Colby bred dogs or Colby crosses. They are wonderful dogs with a tremendous athlectic working ability with heart and drive to match. I do not reccomend these dogs to the novice.

Lou still breeds but not like he use to, most the time you if you do not know him you will go on a waiting list. I have paid $400-$500 and even upwards of $800+ depending on the breeding, I have also gotten a couple for free.

One of the best resources is his book, Colbys Book of The American Pit Bull Terrier. Its all about the Colby dogs and how it all started.
    amazon wants $500 for that book. even Lou says its ridiculous.

Images
    That book is out of print so the quantity is limited. The price will only go up :(.

I cant figure out the exact bloodline of mocha but she she rare I cant find another like her.. I believe she is pure colby. I wish there was a way I could fond out for sure so I can get the right mate for her.

Images
    Oh lord

17. She's a pretty girl, but not pure Colby. Colby doesn't throw red nose ... only black.
    What makes you think she's Colby ??

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric619 View Post
    I cant figure out the exact bloodline of mocha but she she rare I cant find another like her.. I believe she is pure colby. I wish there was a way I could fond out for sure so I can get the right mate for her.
    GEt that damn thing spayed or cull it. You don't need to go breeding a dog if you don't even know how she is bred. No dog is rare unless they can actually speak,so unless your dog can speak proper english and ride a bike she is not rare. I can almost guarantee that your dog has no colby blood in it, hell you don't even know how your dog is bred so how can you believe she is "pure colby" ??By the way, here is a pure Colby dog.

19. ^^^ Nice picture of Colby's Odin

Interestingly, a littermate of Odin ... Colby's Mack (Odin and Mack are out of Troy and Brindle) ... is the grandsire of my pup Mason, on his sire's side.

Mason (in my avatar) is pure Colby too ... ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [388137] :: BRED IN MEMORY OF LOU COLBY

Good post 6pack1%er. I just couldn't bring myself to tell it so bluntly LOL

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamdon View Post
    Oh lord
    ^^^ Ditto!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast