Goldfish anyone??

I received a goldfish over valentines day. I get made fun of all the time for him, they say there messy boring fish( these people have salt tanks, or my bf who likes redtail catfish) but screw them I love my boring fish

Anyone else, I not the only one right :p
    Here is a pic(the backround I painted )

I like Goldfish. At this moment I do not have any but they are cool. The only thing I do not like about them is that the poop a lot.

Images
    I like them too but I don't have the room or money for a tank big enough to house more than one and then I think it would be lonely.

Images
    How did I miss this?

He's a cutie. But goldfish are social, and need big tanks.. so I suggest an upgrade and a few buddies :D

Images
    We actually have several in our pasture tanks for the horses, they eat mosquito larvae, our tanks are 150 gallon tanks, it's fun to see how big they have gotten in 8 years.

Images
    Bully, you should look into some Gambusia Affinis. I've yet to see a mosquito in my ponds since I put some in there - they're pretty neat critters! I think you will have some wild populations in FL though..

How big of a tank would be good for 2 goldfish?

I like them.I used to always keep those bug eyed ones.They're goldfish aren't they?I'm pretty sure they are.:confused:

Images
    Some say a 29g would be okay, but these fish get big, and they are active, I'd say a 55.

And THEN you could get some White Cloud Mountain Minnows, electric blue crayfish, and decorate it.

My fantail is a good 4" from snout to vent now, and she is only a few years old. She uses every inch of my 800g pond, I did have her in a 55g before but she was very depressed acting.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chloesredboy2 View Post
    I like them.I used to always keep those bug eyed ones.They're goldfish aren't they?I'm pretty sure they are.:confused:
    Yes, they are... I can't stand them - ever see when they snag their eye on something?

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Here are a few pics off the web, goldies can get pretty big when properly cared for.

And Bruce here is supposed to be the world's largest fancy.

you can get some pretty good deals on fish tanks, I am moving in a month and a half so will have to look into it. He is very active, he likes to dig lol

Images
    Yeah they LOVE digging. They make a mess of a delicate tank!

Those pictures are wild, Mel!

My aunt keeps Koi and Goldfish in a pond in the summer and come winter she brings them into a big indoor pond made from one of those huge black bins. My mom is gonna being doing the same thing but with Guppies and WC Mountain Minnows.
    I want to make an indoor pond. Cheap and SOOO nice!

I use to work at a greenhouse who specialized in koi and goldfish and OMG. Some of the koi there were thousands of dollars. They were the most expensive thing in the place. People would come in a my several fish that would cost a few hundred bucks and then be back the next week because some critter ate all the fish.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    you can get some pretty good deals on fish tanks, I am moving in a month and a half so will have to look into it. He is very active, he likes to dig lol
    I just sold a 10g, a 30g, stand, lids, lights, and some decor for both for $50 for everything.. and a few years back I got a huge octagon tank, probably 150g, with a stand and top for $75.

So deals are not hard to come by, especially with craigslist and people needing money so badly.

Yea I used to have a ton of "rescued" goldfish, they get might big when people take care of them and do water changes to keep the ammonia down.

My BF wanted to buy one of those bug eyed goldfish today lol his face looked like ET lol

Yes, they are... I can't stand them - ever see when they snag their eye on something?
    Oh my gosh,No!.That would be awful.I like them because they live a long time and they grow fast.I always got them when they were little and enjoyed watching them grow.

Yea I had a big black googley eyed one, and for some reason he was OBSESSED with my friend Kevin, who was freaked out by him and his eyes, and whenever he would come into my room, wherever he was sitting that googley eyed fish would swim over and stare and wiggle at him lol he hated it! I loved my goldfish, they were feeders that grew to be HUGE and they were so friendly :)

I got some tinfoils today who remind me a lot of my goldfish, except they school a lot more.