Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ABOUT many cups of food are in a normal 30lb bag

If you had to guess, how many cups of food are in a normal say TOTW, EVO, or orijen 30lb bags?

Good question.. no clue haha. I'm sure you could email the companies and ask though!

60??

just emailed orijen, totw, and evo :)

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Going to try and find out how long '

TOTW
    EVO
    and orijen 6 fish

would last for the 55lb boy feeding the recs, i'll post it up after all companies email me :). i want to see if the cost of the evo, or orijen, justifies itself by how long they last.

it wont work unless you know how many cups they get fed on each brand, some dogs are fed different amounts on different brands of food.

FWIW, Piper (51lbs.) was eating 3 cups of TOTW (PS) a day, and Wilson (57lbs.) was eating 2 1/2 cups of TOTW a day.
    On the Orijen Adult, they are both getting a little less than 2 cups a day and so far are maintaining their weight well. They've also been walking/running 2-4mi. 3-4 days (sometimes more, just depends on the weather & my schedule) a week, so it's not like their couch potatoes.

7. This is approximate.

Orijen weighs 1/4 lb per cup, so four cups per pound, with a 29.7 lb bag = 118.8 cups.

Same with TOTW so 4 cups per lb X 30lbs = 120 cups.

Images
    the medium sized bag of Evo lasts my 60lb dog about a month

Quote Originally Posted by DieselPitBull View Post
    the medium sized bag of Evo lasts my 60lb dog about a month
    How many pounds is the med?:confused:

60 for the med bag
    120 for the larger 30lb bag just guessing..

11. These foods weight approximately 1 pound per 4 cups, so a 30lb bag has 120 cups in it.

If you feed 2 cups (1/2 lb) a day a 30lb bag lasts 60 days.

If you feed 2.5 cups (5/8 lb) a day a 30lb bag lasts 50 days

If you feed 3 cups a day (3/4 lb) a 30lb bag lasts 40 days

145 per 30 lb of PAC stream totw is what they emailed back saying

107 per 30 of herring or red meat. So 33 more cups per bag of totw then Evo herring. There goes the "savings" out the window. Wonder what orijen is going to come back with.

Um the bags are different weights, of course there are going to be less cups. And the kibbles are completely different sizes, can't forget that when dry measuring things...

1.4 lbs of difference in the totw to Evo....And as feeding rec is done in cups... The size of the kibble doesn't matter as it's all the portion is the controlled part. Right?

If not... Then wouldnt the only reason you feed more of totw
    Is because of it's larger size kibble?

It's late... I'm kind of drunk so I could be way off

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Also $#@!uming they weighed the same adding 1.4 lbs to evo would put it around 114 cups total. Still 25+ cup difference

Orijen just emailed back (better late then never i $#@!ume)

112.5 cups in each of their 29.7 formulas.

With pac stream being 140 per bag... I see even feeding 1 cup more a day, the pac lasting longer.

The 30lb. bag of Orijen is going to last me a month, feeding Wilson & Piper a little under 2 cups a day (each). TOTW never lasted that long. Just my experience :) One thing I've noticed about the Orijen is that it's a lot "denser" than the TOTW.. if that makes sense. I have a feeling that a cup of the Orijen will weigh more than a cup of TOTW.

I probably could feed them both a little less, too, still playing around with the amounts they get.

pac being 145 cups and orijen being 112.5

Say you fed 2 cups a day of orijen it should last- 56.25 days

And if you fed 3 cups of totw it should last 48.3 days

Is 6 days and a little better kibble worth the 25-30 more i'd spend.. not in my eyes... Given all i've said... I still have to admit if Titan ever were to have issues with TOTW, Orijen would still be one of the 2 foods i'd consider changing him to.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kady05 View Post
    The 30lb. bag of Orijen is going to last me a month, feeding Wilson & Piper a little under 2 cups a day (each). TOTW never lasted that long. Just my experience :) One thing I've noticed about the Orijen is that it's a lot "denser" than the TOTW.. if that makes sense. I have a feeling that a cup of the Orijen will weigh more than a cup of TOTW.

I probably could feed them both a little less, too, still playing around with the amounts they get.
    Last a month but costed you $70 ish... were $70 of totw could last 1.5ish

I have both totw and Orijen at home (only have the 6 fish)

I'll pull out the ole digital scale and weigh a cup of both when i get home tonight :). I do agree the kibble does look denser.
    Last edited by gritter99; 04-28-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gritter99 View Post
    Sorry if you posted this before, how many cups were each getting on TOTW before the change to orijen?
    Wilson was getting around 2 1/2-2 3/4 cups a day, and Piper was getting 3 cups a day of TOTW PS.

20. Quote Originally Posted by kady05 View Post
    One thing I've noticed about the Orijen is that it's a lot "denser" than the TOTW.. if that makes sense. I have a feeling that a cup of the Orijen will weigh more than a cup of TOTW.
    It makes total sense. I've noticed the Acana also seems much denser than TOTW. And also noticed a cup of Acana seems significantly heavier than the TOTW. The Acana is also much harder, barely absorbs any water and stays solid in water. But TOTW will turn to mush pretty quickly in water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast