Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Betty..

Betty..

She has grown a lot :)

She smells the tilapia I dropped in the tank

She loves it so much she got a fat belly tonight!

I think she looks so friggin' sweet!

Ready to attack the Gourami for getting to close to her fish chunk!

She will have better color once I switch her to a dark sand bottom..

Im full..

The poop rainbow my pleco made for me!! (I cant wait till he is gone lol)

Thats all for now!! Going to the fish shop soon to get sand and some new pictus cats!

Very cool!

I need new fish.

I am going to buy some of these, probably like 3 of them..

I love them so much and they like being in groups and dont get to huge :)

Also I want to get a Senegal as a tank mate for Betty, or maybe a male Delhezi and see if some time down the road I cant be the first person to breed them lol

I am having a fish obsession right now! I have a list of things I need for my tank, new filters, new sand, new plants, new hides, driftwood, new fish lol

I have several needs to get also. I think my next addition is going to be a brackish tank. I just need to find where I am going to put a new tank. I am thinking Jt's room. (And yes, Jt has his own room; so does Jezebel. ) I am going to turn that room into my office/workout room so of course I need a tank in there.

I am having to restrain myself from looking at salt/brackish fish otherwise I am going to get a small tank lol
    I have an extra room that has nothing in it that I would love to turn into a fish room, and when I get my bird a bigger cage and boyfriend bird have them in there so they arent getting feathers all over :)
    If it didnt have wood floors it would be cool to turn it into Bears room!

Jt only has his own room because he is an escape artist and likes to breaks crates. This way it is easier on all of us. Jezebel gets nervous in a crate and chew on her tail plus when Jt was loose in the room while Jezebel was in a crate, Jt would "help" her get out. It is just easier to give them their own room. Maybe I can put tanks in both rooms. Now there is an idea. My husband is going to love me.

Betty is awesome!!! I miss having fish... I have a water feature pond I will be restocking this spring with at least one koi and some feeder golds.

My favorite fish EVER to have, Black Bullhead Catfish... I had two of them called Cat, and Stevens, they were the efing best... until my father in law poisoned them.... =[ This is a reason living with in laws in not a good idea!

I had a bunch of sunfish in my pond, but after taking the chance to over winter them in the pond with a moving water pump, it failed due to harsh winter and I lost my fish. So sad. This time whatever I put in there I will over winter in the basement!

Oh, and
    I LOVE THESE GUYS!! But don't they grow up to need salt water?

No those are just regular spotted pictus catfish, they only get like 8inches long as far as I know no catfish needs saltwater..

edit.. i guess there are sw catfish lol

I dont know, i almost got some of those cause they are just SOOOO pretty and i love catfish, but looking them up said they start out fresh water but grow to need brackish. Maybe I'm wrong, if I am, I am SO getting some! XD

Quote Originally Posted by pookie! View Post
    I am going to buy some of these, probably like 3 of them..

I love them so much and they like being in groups and dont get to huge :)

Also I want to get a Senegal as a tank mate for Betty, or maybe a male Delhezi and see if some time down the road I cant be the first person to breed them lol

I am having a fish obsession right now! I have a list of things I need for my tank, new filters, new sand, new plants, new hides, driftwood, new fish lol
    Our Pictus is HUGE... but we have a 250 gallon tank. I love him he is a spaz!
    Is Betty a Bichir? She is cool. I wanted one but wasn't sure it would make it in our tank.

There's Cat and Stevens, I miss them too much. =/ Had them from newborns(.25inches long) til they were around 5 months old at 3in long.. Hoping to get another one or two one day.

Quote Originally Posted by sonyasaranee View Post
    I dont know, i almost got some of those cause they are just SOOOO pretty and i love catfish, but looking them up said they start out fresh water but grow to need brackish. Maybe I'm wrong, if I am, I am SO getting some! XD
    Yea they are fresh water, no brackish, most catfish dont do well with salt at all. I had to be really careful when my tank had ich and I used salt to get rid of it so I wouldnt kill my pleco (even though I hate him)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberL View Post
    Our Pictus is HUGE... but we have a 250 gallon tank. I love him he is a spaz!
    Is Betty a Bichir? She is cool. I wanted one but wasn't sure it would make it in our tank.
    I want to get a few, like 3 of them. They are supposedly even more active when they have a small school.
    Yea Bichirs are my new obsession, they are on sale again at my fish shop, so I am going to get another one, hopefully a male :) They are pretty hardy fish, and unless you have very aggressive cichlids or a pleco they should do fine in a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by sonyasaranee View Post

There's Cat and Stevens, I miss them too much. =/ Had them from newborns(.25inches long) til they were around 5 months old at 3in long.. Hoping to get another one or two one day.
    Aw I love catfish, the way they come up and look at you is priceless :)

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Uh oh, my fish store is having a bichir sale AND I think I am going to get another one lol

Hehe cool. Why do you hate your Pleco? I want one so bad. I want bullheads(unlikley, i got lucky finding the babies, I don't think that will happen easily again..), a pleco(already large), the cat fish you posted, as well as about two koi and some feeders for my pond this year. Oh, and I also want to get another beta for my comp room up on a self. XD

I am adopting some turtles, 7 and 5 years old, soon. A Painted and a Red Ear that my friend is giving up for moving. Heck man, I get two turtles AND a 50 gallon tank with the complete set up woot woot. XD

I'm running out of room for animals haha..

How big is Betty by the way?

He poops to damn much, its like NON STOP POOP. And he is a danger to my Bichir, I guess he can suck her slime coat off and kill her, so I dont want to risk it and just give him up while he is still small so he can find a good home. With someone who wants his poop lol

If I move into this other condo with a a yard I am so putting a pond in! then I can get a red tailed catfish like I wanted!!

I had some turtles back in the day, but idk didnt like them to much. My sister had a box turtle but my Mom killed it on accident, she left it out in the sun and it over heated and died and then she put itback in the tank and made my sister think she killed it LOL she just found out like 8 years later lol

She is about 7 inches now, I am trying to fatten her up but she grew a lot, she was 5 inches when I first got her, I want to go to the store this week and get another one. I am kind of addicted already :)

Oh my gee betty ate out of my hand!!!

Very cool! I am also addicted to fish stuff but I have a good handle on my addiction because I am poor. There are worst things you could be addicted to. ;)

beautiful fish! We are also fish addicts, but we don't have enough space for anymore at the moment, lol. Hopefully soon we'll be getting a 125 gallon tank, just gotta find a place to put it!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieC View Post
    beautiful fish! We are also fish addicts, but we don't have enough space for anymore at the moment, lol. Hopefully soon we'll be getting a 125 gallon tank, just gotta find a place to put it!
    Super jealous!

My husband wants to get a custom 200 or 300 gallon built when we redo the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by jeoestreich View Post
    Super jealous!

My husband wants to get a custom 200 or 300 gallon built when we redo the basement.
    DO IT!

I want to sell my 3floor condo so I can get a new place and have a yard for a pond so I can get a red tail catfish and a shovelnose, and I fell in love with a 750gal tank, that I think I might buy also!

I love my fish so much!! Ugh lol I made myself so excited when she actually took the food from me

If we are going to build a custom tank, we will probably go bigger. The hubby wants to do fresh water eels and sting rays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast