1. Unhappy my white pit has skin allergies, what to do?

I have a 4 almost 5 year old pit.. We live in the country and his skin just breaks out and even between his toes there are oozing bumps that come up and even bleed at times... I have tried all kinds of things, still haven't found the right thing. The vet always gives me antibiotics for bacterial infection, but it always comes back.... What to do?

It could either be food or an environmental allergy. How long has this been going on? Is it all year round? What are you feeding him?

Images
    My white Dogo is allergic to EVERYTHING.. Foods are the big one and it took a while to find a food that didn't make him sick. He's also allergic to most shampoos, soaps, detergents, and floor cleaners.

4. Out in the country that sucks if it is a gr$#@! allergy. My dog is allergic to a plant that grows where we run him. I bath him after every run or put him in the river. I don't use soaps just water. This helped a lot. He also has dog eczema cream from vet but we don't use it much.

Images
    I've seen a lot of members here talk about Musher's Secret.. I guess it adds protection to the dog's pads.. Maybe a more experienced member will speak up but you might be able to put it between the dog's toes to lessen the irritation.

I feel your pain. I've dealt with harsh allergies. It's no fun at all. Have you considered dog boots?

7. I give him can dog food, Pedigree. He gets treats too.. Some days are better than others for him. I have gotten antibiotics for him several times they help, but it seems as soon as he doesn't take them his skin messes up again. He can't stay on antibiotics for the rest of his life, they make him sleepy and even stumble when he walks. I know he doesn't feel good and I just don't know what else to do... Thanks for responding... I will check into dog boots...

Well Pedigree is crap dog food. It is full of corn which is just a filler and doesn't provide proper nutrition. It is also an extremely common food allergen. Get him on a better quality kibble such as Diamond Naturals, Blue Buffalo, Taste of the Wild, Wellness, etc.

Ack, get him off that Pedigree, that could be all of your problems! There are a bunch of topics with good foods listed, just make sure it's grain free.