Thread: New pictures!!

New pictures!!

This is what the Gourami look like when two arent in a battle to the death.. Just as a reference..

My Fatty Sucker :D

Gourami touching the food with his "legs"

See how light colored they are..

Derr face?

BIG Sucker.. Notice the red on his fins.. weird..

This is him on the same rock when I got him a little while ago..

Crazy how fast he grew!!

More of the cute Gourami :D

Betty "waiting"

Ignore the ugly tank decor.. will be changing soon lol

Betty says "Hi!!"

Look at her fat $#@! sticking between the heater and the gl$#@!..

NOW Gourami fighting!

I thought the one fish was eating a dead one, but when I got closer I realized they were having a battle..

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Oh and if you notice Betty has a nice lump from the last Platy she ate.. NO MORE! lol

Nice I love Gourami's that what I have

fish fry, anyone!!!! lol jk look good pookie!

Images
    i could totally be wrong but are the fish in the last pictures mating?
    that is what my cichlids used to look like when they were making baby fish. baby fish fry are really cute :)

I have never had Gourami before.. but that was before I saw these opal ones and they were only a dollar a fish so what the hell!

And Alex I dont think you would get full off of all of them lol Maybe when Betty gets 14inches :D

And PeanutsMommy, they arent mating, they are actually latched on to each others tails and fighting like the world is ending. I think the fat pale on in the tank is the female by her fins but not sure, these two are having a dominance issue at the moment..

There was a baby Platy in the tank, but he has since been eaten by Betty, with all the other Platy lol

Quote Originally Posted by pookie! View Post
    I have never had Gourami before.. but that was before I saw these opal ones and they were only a dollar a fish so what the hell!

And Alex I dont think you would get full off of all of them lol Maybe when Betty gets 14inches :D

And PeanutsMommy, they arent mating, they are actually latched on to each others tails and fighting like the world is ending. I think the fat pale on in the tank is the female by her fins but not sure, these two are having a dominance issue at the moment..

There was a baby Platy in the tank, but he has since been eaten by Betty, with all the other Platy lol

Great pictures!

I still have my three tetras that I am waiting to kick the bucket. I have had the for about two years now.

Do like I did, keep them and just get whatever else kind of fish you want. If nature takes its course and one happens to eat all the other ones.. oh well! lol

I want to turn that tank into a brackish tank so I am just waiting for them to just kick it. Hopefully soon.

Images
    When Anabantoids mate, they tend ot be rough, just so you know, they usually tear each other up. However I highly doubt that is what you have going on and you need to separate them.. The stress lowers their immune system, the wounds can get infected.. not cool. They aren't social fish.. if you had proper cover and plants and decor to break up their line of view, maybe, but I can see that you don't.

11. Nice fish. I have a blue Gourami. It's evil it beats up my other fish so now he has a tank of his own. In my big tank I have a Blue scale Oranda, 2 Shubunkins, 2 regular goldfish, And a spotted Rafael catfish. What is Betty? She is cool looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned View Post
    When Anabantoids mate, they tend ot be rough, just so you know, they usually tear each other up. However I highly doubt that is what you have going on and you need to separate them.. The stress lowers their immune system, the wounds can get infected.. not cool. They aren't social fish.. if you had proper cover and plants and decor to break up their line of view, maybe, but I can see that you don't.
    Yea the two that were fighting were males, and I think they were fighting over the one female who decided to move from one side of the tank to the other.
    They arent fighting anymore, they went back to their sides and there hasnt been an issue since lol.
    I did have some very tall plants in there, but they were old and falling apart so I had to take them out, my pleco was making a mess with them. I have to wait about 4 more days until I can start messing around with the tank, I am going to get sand and some new plants and hides, seeing as everything I have now is old and was what came with the tank.
    I am thinking about re homing my pleco to my brothers GF, and getting a picus cat instead.

"KanoDog" Betty is a delhezi bichir :) She is by far my most favorite fish! I miss having goldfish, I save the survivors from when my Dad has two Oscars, ended up with 9 feeder fish, who all turned white and grew like 8 inches long, they had big flowing fins, not stumpy ones, and I loved them so much!! They lived for about 10 years! The last one just wouldnt die lol my Gma had to give him to a fish store :p

Update!! I found the baby platy when I was doing my water change, and he is safe in a bucket with plants and stuff :)