Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catch dogs

Catch dogs

do amrican bullies make good catch dogs? what about blues? anyone ever seen or had a big blue that would catch/bay hogs?

Images
    They can't even walk a few feet in the sun let alone go after a hog lol.
    American bulldogs, on the other hand, are great dogs.

I've heard that some Ambullies are used as catchdogs. However, I've never seen any photos or videos of it.

some of the Camelot XXL dogs as well as the watchdog line have been used pretty successfully.
    RE and Gotti dogs would get wiped out imo

Images
    Not the vast majority of them.

Lee do you have any vids/links of some of those dogs? That is actually interesting. I'd really like to see them in action.

I would also love to see some good catch dogs at work!

iove come to terms with the fact that am bullies, aspecially blue ones, are useless at catchin hawgs.

I use to think that ..saw one a blue get damn near gutted this morning by a hog ,,bitch never dropped her hold ..this old man been trying to catch this hog for over a year ,,had to be taken to the vet to get stitched up..she is razors edge ..line bred..same place my little RE bitch came from...what i am trying to say is it depends alot who u get them from!I mean he sunk tooth in and came all the way up..she never dropped!

they just look too heavy and slow, go for a dogo argentino :D

Quote Originally Posted by bamaman View Post
    I use to think that ..saw one a blue get damn near gutted this morning by a hog ,,bitch never dropped her hold ..this old man been trying to catch this hog for over a year ,,had to be taken to the vet to get stitched up..she is razors edge ..line bred..same place my little RE bitch came from...what i am trying to say is it depends alot who u get them from!I mean he sunk tooth in and came all the way up..she never dropped!
    I agree with you, I have seen some AmBullies that look like they could hold their own with other hog dogs, and then I have seen some that couldnt do anything but sit there..

the dog that got cut is the mother of my dog she is round 35 lbs..She is RE..my dog is about 35 lbs so not big but very solid ..love to run, full of energy..The old man that breeds them been breeding APBT and hounds close to 50 years..He only got the Razor Edge blood cause his daughter liked them and he helped her get started and took over the breeding so he is linebreeding at this point.They are awesome catch dogs.I am not saying all RE dogs are good catch dogs!Just depends on where u get your dog..

Images
    They can't even catch their breath, never mind a hog.

14. Depends on the dog. Some got it, some don't. Helps if the pup comes from hunting stock. Bulldog type dogs usually have overheating issues and also hard to find one with stamina that will run hogs for miles. That's why they are usually lead in dogs. There is a such thing as a running catch dog. Most people use game bred pits and lead them in.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

And the Dogo Argentino suffers from being domesticated by the show ring people. Many of these dogs now have hunting breed out of them. Get a pup from someone who hunts. And these dogs are more of a cur type breed. I would hunt them in a pack and not as a straight catch dog. I know some people have used as straight catch, but again it depends on the dog. And a good bred pit should never bay. It should catch and hold even if killed.

I have one half blue and we use her as a catch dog she is great at what she does

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

She is full bulldog just daddy is a blue mommy is a black and white

She is full bulldog just daddy is a blue mommy is a black and white

damn dude wtf does that mean?

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

daddy is a blue mommy?and is a black and white?

theres no such thing as half blue either your dog is blue nosed or its not. lol. do you know the bloodlines? thats what matters not nose colors.

i get it daddy is a blue ! and mommy is a black and white! yall had me all screwedd up man,,I aint even touched the cigaweed tnight!

i get it daddy is a blue ! and mommy is a black and white! yall had me all screwedd up man,,I aint even touched the cigaweed tnight!
    lmfaoooooo

LOL you being confused, confused me :p

As for the dog, sounds like a purebred mutt.. got any video or pictures of the dog on a hog?? Id love to see :) seriously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast