1. Red spot on private area

I just recently got my dog back from my parents. i was away awhile and he couldnt be with me. When i got him back he was extremely skinny and had cuts on his ears from breaking out of the cage. He was in a big cage in the basebment(concrete floor). Now he has an irritation on his nuts. Im guessing its from the concrete but i just wanted to be sure. He also has a bald spot on his neck were his collar is. Any suggestions on different collars?
    Hes been with me a little over a week. Ive been feeding him diamond naturals. Hes gained alot of weight and is otherwise doing great

Did you're parents just decide to not feed him? Just wondering why he was so skinny when you got him back....

-Clean the cuts and use neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment... should be fine.
    -You could do the same treatment to his privates or just wash them if there is no need for neosporin.... and if he's licking, stop him.... either by paying attention to him or by putting an eliz. collar (cone) over his head.

We just use the normal cheapo blue or red collars with plastic clips... but we never attach a leash to them... they are simply there for tags. Other than that, we tend to use slip leads for control as they can never back out of those like collars. Anyways, we've never had a problem with irritation and the cheap plastic clip collars but all dogs are diff. so ya never know. I'm sure you'll hear good reviews about Collar Mania although I've never bought one of their collars.

---------- Post added at 03:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

Oh ya, what kinda collar does he have now?

I find the rolled leather collars can be great on some dogs when their neck is irritated.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Blaze N' Pits View Post
    Did you're parents just decide to not feed him? Just wondering why he was so skinny when you got him back....

-Clean the cuts and use neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment... should be fine.
    -You could do the same treatment to his privates or just wash them if there is no need for neosporin.... and if he's licking, stop him.... either by paying attention to him or by putting an eliz. collar (cone) over his head.

We just use the normal cheapo blue or red collars with plastic clips... but we never attach a leash to them... they are simply there for tags. Other than that, we tend to use slip leads for control as they can never back out of those like collars. Anyways, we've never had a problem with irritation and the cheap plastic clip collars but all dogs are diff. so ya never know. I'm sure you'll hear good reviews about Collar Mania although I've never bought one of their collars.

---------- Post added at 03:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

Oh ya, what kinda collar does he have now?
    They fed him what ive always fed him normally, and he was eating. I guess he lost all the weight from stress or separation anxiety or somethin idk. Within the week he had gained all his weight back and looking great.

The collar he has now is just a regular fabric collar from wal mart. I have a big leather collar that i thought about trying. Its about an inch thick and 4 1/2-5 inches wide.

Oh ok... lol. Just was wondering what happened.
    Personally, I would just take the collar off until it got better but I'm also a cheap $#@! lol.