1. Older Pit Bull Back Legs are limp

I have a 12 year old Pit Bull soon to be 13 in June. He acts like a puppy - still wants to play and be loved. He is the sweetest things and he means the world to me. However, his back legs are dragging - the vet says ther is nothing we can do - she says he feels nothing and basically his spine is deteriorating. Has anyone experienced this?

Images
    Welcome!

3. Thank you very much!

Images
    I'd ask the vet to tell you exactly what is wrong and then go to another vet and see what they think. Welcome

Images
    how old is the dog?

My old shep/huskey mix devolved this at the end of her life(18 years). I went to 3 different vets and it was the same thing, basically old age. I kept her safe and happy till she couldn't walk anymore or feel if she had to defecate( she would just have poo fall out of her)then I put her to sleep at home on a blanket in the gr$#@! on a nice summers day.
    By all means get another opinion, but watch out for vet trying to make money off a old dog... :(

7. Yeah my dog is just about the same age and he drags his back left leg I don't know what I can do to help him :(

8. I swear I went through the same exact thing. We did rehab, meds from vet, tryed natural remedies. Some helped, some was probably pointless. 1st it was just 1 leg that she started dragging, and got a big nasty open sore from doing so. Then, the other leg went. It got to the point where she couldn't move on her own. I used a towel around her tummy to hold her back end up, and take her out to potty, to eat, to sleep, to do literally everything. She was still a happy dog, while laying down, which is why I kept her alive for so long like that but...at some point you really gotta think about the quality of life the dog is living. She was a month away from 13 when she was pts and cremated. Even though I have other dogs, and now a puppy, I still find myself talking about that dog all the time.

Images
    Old thread is old.