Exclamation How much should my puppy wiegh???

I know this is probably asked alot but..... I have a Gotti American bully/pitbull puppy, and He will be 4 months old on March 4th. His father was an American Bully and Weighed 90 Ibs last year at 2 years old, my puppies Mother is a 2 year old pitbull and weighs 75 Ibs. I took my puppy to the vet today and he weighed in at 22 Ibs. so my question is, how much should he weigh at this age, or is his weight right for his age? and also how much should I be feeding him a day, and does anyone have health tips and tips on how to builed up his muscle m$#@!?

Should have asked the vet while you were there.

There isn't a set weight for dogs. If they're in good body condition, that's all that matters.

How much are you feeding him now? What brand of food? How much you should feed depends on WHAT you feed.

It sounds like your pup is taking more after his mom, but without pictures of him, it's pretty much impossible to tell if he's at a good weight or not. Sako, my AST pup, is a little over 4 months and probably almost 25lbs. now, for a reference. I don't have any recent standing shots of him (so you can see his body condition), but here his is at 13wks. old, he was around 15lbs. then:

I prefer my pups/dogs lean.. I don't want fat, rolly polly puppies or dogs.

As for building muscle m$#@!, that's the last thing you should be worried about with a 4 month old puppy. Just let him be a puppy.

Here is my pup standing, lean and not fatty. Extra skin though.
    I dont think it would be healthy for him to be to flabby, but to skinny would be bad also.
    As Kady said, a picture would help.

P.S. Sako is to damn cute lol

gah all I can say is Sako is always adorable!!!!! and Grah Pookie (I forget your pups name) he is such a looker!!!!!! and we need photos of your pup pangeakal...for more than just to see if the condition is good :D

6. Somebody please move this to the bully section where the bully experts are before I get started LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieman View Post
    Somebody please move this to the bully section where the bully experts are before I get started LOL

POOKIE-The vet said that he was 22 Ibs,and I told the vet the weight of the parents, but he didnt say if was puppies weight was healthy or not he just said that his heart and kidneys are healthy, and he said that based on the weights of the parents my puppy should weigh about 85-90 Ibs when full grown. So I just wanna make sure that he is eating the right amound. I tried to upload pictures of my puppy but an "invaled" message keeps popping up. And I feed him Royal Canin big puppy food. I try feeding him 3 times a day at 6 am, noon, and 7 pm, and each serving i feed him 1 cup... but he usually isnt too hungry by the 3rd serving and procrastinates, but before I served him 3 servings a day he looked too skinny, meaning that i could see his ribs.
    but anyways ill try to post a pic of him again.

Boogieman- Im waiting for access to the bully forum.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

here is a front view. im trying to get a standing side view

Looks fine to me. Get him off that Royal Canin crap..

Kady- what would you suggest I feed him?

There are many wonderful foods out there. I reccomend Taste of the Wild, Innova, and Orijin.

Here is a good thread about the different foods people feed on the forum
    http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=37349

Quote Originally Posted by Elliehanna View Post
    gah all I can say is Sako is always adorable!!!!! and Grah Pookie (I forget your pups name) he is such a looker!!!!!! and we need photos of your pup pangeakal...for more than just to see if the condition is good :D
    Aw thanks, he is a little ham lol

And OP your pup looks fine and healthy, but yea get him on TOTW or Blue Buffalo or something.
    You'll notice a difference in a lot of things when he gets on better food.
    Check out a feed shop for Taste of the Wild.

Quote Originally Posted by pangeakal View Post
    Kady- what would you suggest I feed him?
    I like TOTW, the Pacific Stream formula. But there are many good quality foods out there. Royal Canin is full of fillers and.. crap.

14. Bam Bam is 4 1/2 months old, weighs 41 lbs. The breeder was feeding him Diamond, but we quickly weened him off that and onto Blue Buffalo large breed puppy until recently. He was scratching a lot but no fleas, vet always said he was healthy. Father was around 90 lbs and mother around 85 lbs. We just changed him to Natural Balance sweet potato and fish, and started giving him salmon oil with his food (mainly to avoid skin conditions that come with blues). His coat is instantly softer and shinier. Vet says hes super healthy and estimated his adult weight to be around 95-100 lbs. Just genetics!

OT but.. sako reminds me of stewey in that pic.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheBamster View Post
    Bam Bam is 4 1/2 months old, weighs 41 lbs. The breeder was feeding him Diamond, but we quickly weened him off that and onto Blue Buffalo large breed puppy until recently. He was scratching a lot but no fleas, vet always said he was healthy. Father was around 90 lbs and mother around 85 lbs. We just changed him to Natural Balance sweet potato and fish, and started giving him salmon oil with his food (mainly to avoid skin conditions that come with blues). His coat is instantly softer and shinier. Vet says hes super healthy and estimated his adult weight to be around 95-100 lbs. Just genetics!
    Well genetics do play a big role, BUT sometimes your dog comes out looking nothing like what the parents did body wise. Take Bear for example, his mother was very small and his dad (going by pictures) was the same height as his mother and he is already much taller than either of them and is only 8 months old. So sometimes you get a pup who doesnt have the body style of the parents at all.
    I think your pup is HUGE! My dog weighed 49lbs at the vet and he is 8 months! I would love to see a picture and get an idea of what his body looks like.

17. Quote Originally Posted by pookie! View Post
    Well genetics do play a big role, BUT sometimes your dog comes out looking nothing like what the parents did body wise. Take Bear for example, his mother was very small and his dad (going by pictures) was the same height as his mother and he is already much taller than either of them and is only 8 months old. So sometimes you get a pup who doesnt have the body style of the parents at all.
    I think your pup is HUGE! My dog weighed 49lbs at the vet and he is 8 months! I would love to see a picture and get an idea of what his body looks like.
    Yea I totally agree Pookie. He was the biggest and the enforcer out of his litter. Heres a pic from today, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bambam.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	568.7 KB 
ID:	33014

Wow he looks really good! His body is very well proportioned and not weird looking at all, and he isnt fat, are you sure he is 4 1/2 months old? He looks about the size of my 8 month old.. has he lost his puppy teeth yet?

Quote Originally Posted by pookie! View Post
    Well genetics do play a big role, BUT sometimes your dog comes out looking nothing like what the parents did body wise.

Which is how I got a lean, 38 pound Am Staff bitch out of two AKC champions. Puppies' genetics are compromised of generation upon generation... which is why responsible breeders research pedigrees and know what dogs are behind the two dogs they want to pair.

To the OP - Even though your pup is sitting, he looks like he is at a good weight. There is no "how much should my puppy weigh?" you just need to look at your pup, and feed them accordingly to keep their body weight at a good level.

20. Quote Originally Posted by pookie! View Post
    Wow he looks really good! His body is very well proportioned and not weird looking at all, and he isnt fat, are you sure he is 4 1/2 months old? He looks about the size of my 8 month old.. has he lost his puppy teeth yet?
    Thanks Pookie, yea positive on his age. Have his UKC PR papers, gonna send em in after he gets chipped. Hes lost almost all of his puppy teeth, hes got one in the front that im waiting to come out.