Thread: Snakeheads.

Snakeheads.

I want.

SOOOOO BAD!

I wish I could find someone who has them in the US :/

particularly Arizona..

Images
    Creeeeepy things. But I would probably have one too if I could lol

I love the way the watch you and the way they move.. its just so awesome.

Plus I want a fish I am afraid to stick my hand in the tank with lol

Maybe Ill just have to get a Jaguar.. :((

My bf wont take me fish shopping because I would go nuts lol

They're illegal because they so readily adapt to new environments and devastate native species. Look up some of the articles that have been published from Maryland.

I know they are, and I know they cant be shipped in. But I also know people have them.. and I would love to find someone who did. Just for my personal collection.

I love them so much, they are amazing creatures. Watching how they act and react to people outside their tank is so damn cool.
    Not to mention they are vicious O.O

Images
    They take a lot of care... and a HUGE tank. Huge. And unless you build it yourself you're looking at a pretty penny for it. Not to mention legality, even if you did get one, if they're illegal, they can be taken and destroyed, and you pay a fine..

Any fish you look at, be sure do do a LOT of research, I highly suggest you check out monsterfishkeepers (for the 'monster' fish) or aquariacentral.

IF you want a fish with a lot of personality.. Check out goldfish. I love mine to death, they are so very personable, they get pretty darn big, and their colors and constant action are sure to keep you entertained.

I just lost one, a 'special needs' female, who actually like to be picked up underwater and swung back and forth, or I'd just hold her lightly and zoom her around - she liked it! I'd give her a push and let her go, and she's come right back and get in my hand.

7. I was just about to suggest monsterfishkeepers, lol.

I would really like a school of pacu. In a huge pond. They sell at pet stores for about $6. VERY popular because they look like piranhas. Usually 1-3 inches in shops. People don't realize JUST how big they actually get. :) 30 inches. Just short of three feet long.

Ive rescued a bunch of goldfish from my dad oscar tank lol had those $#@!s for 9 years! some went blind and they all changed colors like 4 times. I loved those fish.

I just recently got a 200gal tank and just have been looking for something interesting to put in it. I want to go to Ocean Floor and pick out something awesome, something to challenge me.

I like the idea of those type of fish, and some aren't "monster" ones and they stay under a certain size.

Ive been to monsterfish a bunch of times, and I wish I could just have one, I wouldnt care about "getting caught" Do you know how many illegal pets Ive had lol

My aunt had like 4 pacu in a HUGE aquarium and they were about 2 feet after she sold them, I just dont like the look of them.. They are like the dopey brother of the piranhas.

I think I will end up getting either some Jack Dempsey or Jags.

Im tired of "community" fish again, and need a cool tank with something that might bite me lol

I was looking at those leaf fish, not the fake ones, but the real deal fish. Those are some cool beans right there!

Images
    What are the dimensions of the tank?

Nobody that gets an illegal fish thinks they'll get caught, till the cable guy or some other guest knows more about fish than you'd think and decides to turn you in.. Believe it or not I've heard of people being 'raided' over SPIXI SNAILS. It happens and it is not worth it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned View Post
    They take a lot of care... and a HUGE tank. Huge. And unless you build it yourself you're looking at a pretty penny for it. Not to mention legality, even if you did get one, if they're illegal, they can be taken and destroyed, and you pay a fine..

Any fish you look at, be sure do do a LOT of research, I highly suggest you check out monsterfishkeepers (for the 'monster' fish) or aquariacentral.

IF you want a fish with a lot of personality.. Check out goldfish. I love mine to death, they are so very personable, they get pretty darn big, and their colors and constant action are sure to keep you entertained.

I just lost one, a 'special needs' female, who actually like to be picked up underwater and swung back and forth, or I'd just hold her lightly and zoom her around - she liked it! I'd give her a push and let her go, and she's come right back and get in my hand.
    I just got a fancy goldfish and I love it!!

My bf loves snakeheads, any aggressive fish really..so he got an oscar and I got a goldfish for valentines day

Yea..I know, I would still love it though. That would make me so happy to have one lol
    Thats my real "dream" fish

I just wish they were legal... :(
    I might get an Arowana if I can find someone with one thats not already HUGE, I want to see my fish grow up.
    Im just trying to find something that will be what I want, regardless of if it is pretty or not. I want personality.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pookie! View Post
    Yea..I know, I would still love it though. That would make me so happy to have one lol
    Thats my real "dream" fish

I just wish they were legal... :(
    I might get an Arowana if I can find someone with one thats not already HUGE, I want to see my fish grow up.
    Im just trying to find something that will be what I want, regardless of if it is pretty or not. I want personality.
    I was going to suggest an arrow, but that's why I asked the dimensions of the tanks.. Aro's get a good 22" and like swimming room...

Get on Monsterfishkeepers - they have a for sale area, baby aro's are pretty common.

Yea isnt that the smaller aro? the 22'' cuz i know there are some that get huge!

I would like one as a baby, i will check on monster and see. I just have to okay it with my bf lol cuz he likes the stupid platys that are in there now and doesnt want them to get taken to the store lol

I will measure it in a little while, I got it from my grandma. me and her had a $#@!ed huge aquarium and fish collection.

14. An Arowana would be a cool fish too

Yea someone I know had a 10" he was going to trade for my platys but someone gave him money instead :(

I dont want these damn fish anymore lol I saw some cool buck tooth tetras online today for sale 10 of them, those are cool little fish

Images
    Hey.. Platies are wonderful feeders ;)

Quote Originally Posted by pookie! View Post
    I love the way the watch you and the way they move.. its just so awesome.

Plus I want a fish I am afraid to stick my hand in the tank with lol

Maybe Ill just have to get a Jaguar.. :((

My bf wont take me fish shopping because I would go nuts lol
    My friends brother had some oscars that were pretty nasty,they would bite if you put your hand in there.Of course I don't know if it would hurt or not,do Oscars have teeth?

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

I never heard of Snakehead Fish before,so I just looked them up and I must say those things are uglier than homemade sin!

I love my Jack Demspy. He is sooo cool and colorful. Firemouths are cool also.

Harvey my Jack Demspy

My firemouth

Yea Oscars have small teeth. I was bitten on my thumb by the female I had and it cut me open like I ran my finger across a razor blade. It hurt so bad!
    But Oscars are boring to me, I have had so many. The pair I had last were breeding and everything. They just got old to me.
    And Snakeheads are so cool lol I think they are awesome as hell and maan I still hope someday I can find one! Or I might just move to Florida and get one out the the water ways there!

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Dempsey are cool, my uncle tried to give me some lol
    My BF was supposed to take me fish shopping today but sadly.. it didnt happen :(

Damn boys. I think I am going to redo my little 20 gallon fish tank over. Right now there are only three tetras in there but I am thinking about going to go to brackish. I want some pufferfish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for:

snakehead pitbull

snakehead west palm beach

snake heads in arizona

arizona snake heads

snakehead pitbulls

snakeheads in west palm beach

locations of snakeheads in the arizona