1. red bumps and irritation on stomach

My 4 month old puppy gets these red bumps and irritation all over her stomach and inside of legs. it looks pretty bad. see pictures. Does anyone know what could be causing it or how to deal with it?

thanks in advance for responses

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hhhhh.jpg 
Views:	3820 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	9604

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jjjjj.jpg 
Views:	3413 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	9605

my first guess would be an allergy. what are you feeding her?

What are you feeding her? How long has this been occurring for? Have you used a different detergent, cleaning supplies, febreeze etc recently?

Josie is going through that same kind of rash, its going away thanks to Blaze N Pits!
    Told me to buy Bag Balm last night..I swear by this stuff, her rash is almost better already..it was from the gr$#@! outside :-) Thanks again Blaze

yep, i had a female years ago that had a gr$#@! allergy. i felt so bad for her, she loved it outdoors, but paid for it every time she went out for an afternoon

6. i feed kirkland. I had her for about 2 months and I think it has been there. But this last week it has seemed to have gotten worse. I hope its not the gr$#@! because she loves to play in it. Im going to see if I can find that bag balm stuff. Also a friend was just here and he told me to try benedryl.

If I remember correctly, Kirkland is not grain-free so that may be your problem. Also I believe one of the main ingredients in Kirkland is chicken which has shown to be a very common allergy in dogs. Perhaps a change to a grain free, alternative protein source kibble is in order?

My guy gets a little bit of a "fresh gr$#@!" (especially recently mowed) rash on his belly after playing in it but it usually goes away within a few hours. I'm not sure gr$#@! rashes are persistant in staying on the body.

Benadryl can work to help relieve the itching but will not eliminate the problem. I believe its 1 pill per 25lbs? But I'm not sure on the mgs of the pills so somoene else will have to chime in on that.

I had the same problem with Desi. Turns out its a food allergy. I use a Cortisone cream on the rash twice a day and also switched her food to a fish based kibble, TOTW Pacific Stream. I think we have it narrowed down to a chicken allergy. Just pay attention to what your feeding and try an elimination diet.

Quote Originally Posted by PeytonLove View Post

My guy gets a little bit of a "fresh gr$#@!" (especially recently mowed) rash on his belly after playing in it but it usually goes away within a few hours.
    same ordeal with my girl sometimes.

10. Here is the problem with switching feed. I live in the caribbean so my food options are limited. all the decent puppy food I see is chicken based. There is kirkland lamb and rice but its an adult formula. is kirkland lamb and rice adult better for my pup than puppy food? I see mixed opinions about feeding puppies adult food.

Quote Originally Posted by PeytonLove View Post
    If I remember correctly, Kirkland is not grain-free so that may be your problem. Also I believe one of the main ingredients in Kirkland is chicken which has shown to be a very common allergy in dogs. Perhaps a change to a grain free, alternative protein source kibble is in order?

My guy gets a little bit of a "fresh gr$#@!" (especially recently mowed) rash on his belly after playing in it but it usually goes away within a few hours. I'm not sure gr$#@! rashes are persistant in staying on the body.

Benadryl can work to help relieve the itching but will not eliminate the problem. I believe its 1 pill per 25lbs? But I'm not sure on the mgs of the pills so somoene else will have to chime in on that.

11. Lola tends to get like that on her stomach also. Maybe not as bad but it's only when she goes outside and lays on the gr$#@!. Looks like an irritation of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by pittbullmommy04 View Post
    Josie is going through that same kind of rash, its going away thanks to Blaze N Pits!
    Told me to buy Bag Balm last night..I swear by this stuff, her rash is almost better already..it was from the gr$#@! outside :-) Thanks again Blaze
    Awww thanx, I'm glad it's helping!! :)

13. Ok, I have a stupid question.

so I bought Blue Buffalo puppy lamb and rice recipe to get away from the chicken

I glanced at the ingridients in the store but didnt read thoroghly. I now notice that the 5th ingredient is turkey meal.

if a dog is alergic to chicken, does that mean she will be allergic to turkey also?

Am I way off base here?