Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thumbs up Zorro a Staffordshire Bull Terrier from Portugal

Hello there, i'm new here at these forums.
    I'm from Portugal and i'm going to introduce you my dog Zorro.
    He's 5 weeks now and i'm taking care of him so young cause his mom stop feedind the boys at 4 weeks and they had to go to there new homes.

I was looking in the net for a grow journal type of a staffie but i didn't find any, so i've decided to make my own if you guys don't mind.

Let's start with Zorro's parent's:
    Father Goffie | Mother Zilka

Pictures Of Zorro at:
    2 Weeks | 3 Weeks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P-Goffie.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	9586   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P-Zilka.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	406.9 KB 
ID:	9587   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zorro01.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	9588   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zorro02.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	217.2 KB 
ID:	9589   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zorro03.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	201.6 KB 
ID:	9590  

2. Post Zorro At 4 Weeks!

First of all one advice to all new future dog owners do like i did:
    Take a small blanket, airoplane type and send it to the breeder by mail or when you go there first to see the dog, tell him to put the blanket by the mother of the dogs. When you bring your dog home, bring the blanket to, and you'll bring the mother and siblings SMELL. Then when you arrive home put that blanket at his new bed! Works 100%. He makes it he's new nest, my dog only cryed 2 days and just for a couple of minutes thanks to the blanket, and he always sleeps there.

At 4 weeks when he came home he toke a bath, with baby dog shampô.

I started feeding him with Puppie Kibble moisted with warm goat milk to soften, cause he has samll theath.

Give hime some junior can food patę. He's eating 100g a day.

At 4 weeks e weights 1,3 kg (2.9 lbs) when he arrived home.

Name:	Zorro4weeks1-3kg.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	9591  

3. Post Zorro At 5 Weeks!

He's now at week 5, hes starting to develop new senses.

When he came he just sleep heat and ......

Now he starts to play, iteligent dog, loves to growl when we play and he just now when to stop the bite! He just dont hurt. But oh my god what a noise does your dogs do this? We make big fights of corse i always win.

I'm starting to teach him to go outside to our small backyard to do he's needs.
    And he makes a lot, i'm always cleaning everywhere.
    Is this normal?

Now at February 10 he's 5 week's and weights 1,850Kg (4.1lbs). What do you guys think of his weight i think it's fatie, but he was the smallest of all litter.

Name:	Zorro5weeks1-85kg.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	404.8 KB 
ID:	9592  

It's a great thing that you're loving-taking care of this little one.
    BUT what kinda "breeder" would send home puppies,cause the dam stopped feeding them??That's the age usually when breeders weening off puppies of their moms,and start to giving them solid food.But that doesn't mean they have to go to their new homes at that age!!!
    I'm sad to hear that this so called "breeder" had no idea what it takes to have a litter.
    Cute puppy though and good luck with him,altough the sire looks like an APBT to me.
    Did you got papers with the pup?

5. It's illegal dog breed in Portugal, it's in top 10!

So this breed in my country has no papers, can't have pedigree.

I thought the same to couse of the nose of the Sire "Goffy" to red or dark brown, but the veterinarian papers can't lie and i saw them, of both parents. I think the father it's more APBT to, but seeing him side by side with the madame they are very similar just the nose a bit different.

More 3 pictures of the sire!

Name:	P-Goffy1.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	9593   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P-Goffy2.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	9594   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P-Goffy3.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	9595  

very cute puppy. Best of luck.
    I do agree that pups should not have left the breeder that young even if they are fully off the mom. they learn a lot from their litter mates and mom at that age.

Can't wait to see more pix.

Very cute pup, but the sire is no way a purebred SBT but nice looking pup all the same.

8. Vet papers of Sire say Staffordshire Bull Terrier Red Nose

Enough about the pure or not pure breed of the Sire, honestly i don't give a ... Just checking the Sire papers for curiosity and it's what's in there breed: "Staffordshire Bull Terrier Red Nose" i guess couse in UK hes not a banned breed and here in Portugal we have the costume of copying there laws.

But the "breed" (more geneticall cause) realy exists, i guess some irish blood in it, some ancestrals of the APBT Red Nose, since amstaff and APBT come from Staffies. I let some pics for example!

I'll update Zorro next week!

Name:	Rockyon08410.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	9600   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	size.640x480.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	9601   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	766bba188d51307acfb8e0dca15a6797a2d82bcd.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	9602   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	staffordshirebullterrier_huggitt.jpg 
Views:	552 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	9603  

Believe what you want but the sire is in NO way a pure bred SBT. The nonsense I read is funny to a degree but is sad at the same time. Please do your research on the breed as from what I read you know nothing about.

10. Sorry you Canadian magesty of Dogs!

Sorry for beeing so stupid and you such a wise and inteligent person.
    I started the last post like this "Enough about the pure or not pure breed of the Sire, honestly i don't give a..."
    So it doesn't matter to me!

I started this post because i wanted to make some kind of weight and grow scale of a dog like this, for new owners. So they won't suffer as much as me rechearching on the web on to take care of a 4 weeks dog. And all you guys can hellp me if you want. Because i'm new here, and new with small puppies.

Not if he's a full breed or what the ...

But by the way you call this a Staff?

Name:	waiting for my dad.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	149.8 KB 
ID:	9613  

Zorro is a very cute pup, good luck with him!

While all your pictures of the sire and the last b/w dog you posted are not Staffordshire Bull Terriers, they could easily be American Staffordshire terriers and that could be where the confusion is coming from.

SBT are a small breed, 14"-16" at the shoulder and 24-38lbs. Look at some of the other pictures here of staffies and I think you'll see the difference. Both of the dogs you posted (sire and the one above) look much bigger than the standard.

12. I know!

The B&W dog it's damianleigh dog, hes says that he owns a staff and as you can see he knows a lot about the breed! LOL

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

But as you can read before in my posts i think that the Sire it's red nose APBT myself, i was only telling whats on the dog vet papers, i realy dont care.
    Zorro will be small as his mother, he has short legs, but Thanks everyone for the complements hes a very cute pupe, and hes begining to learn things at 5 weeks.

13. With your permission, Iīm not a Staffie owner, but Apbt. Your dog looks so pretty, Staffie or not. Te sire appears like an APBT, its true, and Staffbulls canīt have red nose (although is an appreciated attribute for pitbull owners).
    The weight depends on each dog exclusively, donīt exist a box of weights for all dogs. You must see that your dog appears to be a healthy dog, without an excess of fat (for the problems to his bones and joints), but without a fault of kg. (you souldnīt see his ribs). You can note he is fat, if he have a twisted "ankles". But all depends on your good perception and your well knowledge of your puppy.
    Saúdos da vezinha Espanha.

14. Saluto irmano!

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

And how are the laws there in Spain, better then here i hope. Here it's total persecution, we have breeders moving to Spain to breed there and sell here:
    .COELHO'S KENNEL
    Possible danger dogs now we have to castrate them! lol! We registrate them in the vet as non defined breed (SRD) to have some peace.

15. Iīm vinculated to APBTīs, and you can imagine the difficult to have theese dogs. We are starting an official ADBA club, and fighting for they with the slogan "Educando a la sociedad" (Educating the society). But itīs better you register de dog like a mixed (for the problems with police, permissions, fees,etc). You know, all what happens in USA, soon or later it cames here (the persecution will be here same that there). Itīs not important Staffies, AmSttaffs or pits. For they, we are bad people, and our dogs, worst, only killing animals.:mad:

Quote Originally Posted by hellb View Post
    Sorry for beeing so stupid and you such a wise and inteligent person.
    I started the last post like this "Enough about the pure or not pure breed of the Sire, honestly i don't give a..."
    So it doesn't matter to me!

I started this post because i wanted to make some kind of weight and grow scale of a dog like this, for new owners. So they won't suffer as much as me rechearching on the web on to take care of a 4 weeks dog. And all you guys can hellp me if you want. Because i'm new here, and new with small puppies.

Not if he's a full breed or what the ...

But by the way you call this a Staff?

Your the one calling your pup a staffordshire bull terrier and you have the nerve to say mine isn't? lol Her sire is tykabuls vantage point and her dam is tykabuls will be there. So look them up and you tell me what I own isn't a SBT.

17. Talking Ok 10 dollar papers!

So you say that you dog it's son of this dog's?
    All of you guys that see this post please correct me if i'm wrong?
    Damien dog the first picture it's son of the other 2?
    Most be some genetic abnormality. Here is were the guy who sold you the dog buy there papers:
    Worldwide Dog Registry
    And you true i'm diciding if my FREE dog it's of cross of staff with APBT but you dog at least in Portugal ( a country with 800 years, and with there own dog breeds Raas Caninas Portuguesas / Portuguese Canine Breeds ) its a "designer dog" or a mutt.
    Go and get your money back man, you've been robbed.

Name:	waiting for my dad.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	149.8 KB 
ID:	9629   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index3.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	9630   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	irisch.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	174.8 KB 
ID:	9631  

Well for starters you found her sire but that is not her dam but good try. Here are some other pics of my bitch, if you still think she is a "genetic abnormality" Then you are truely the one that has no clue what a SBT is

Not one to hijack a thread, but was only saying your pups sire was not purebred and you stomped your feet and couldn't take in what you were reading then proceeded to attack my dog who IS a SBT.

Name:	Joy and sug.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	9632  
    Last edited by Lee D; 04-18-2011 at 02:19 PM.

19. Cool

Sorry but why are you taking this so serious? I'm only asking for advices on how to treat a small puppy and you start calling ignorant and so on.
    Please dont you have anything better to do? And by the way is not just my opinion:

dalvers63 say "While all your pictures of the sire and the last b/w dog you posted are not Staffordshire Bull Terriers, they could easily be American Staffordshire terriers and that could be where the confusion is coming from"

How old is your dog? It's maybe by that that we find, the staffs have pointy Snouts and your dont. Is couse of his age?

But please i don't wont more wars just a normal conversation!

20. Talking Update at 6 Weeks!

Hello again my friend Zorro at 17 of February made 6 weeks.
    He's now 2,5Kg (5.5 lbs). He's starting to learn how to bark, not much of a barker but 1 or 2. Loves to bite and growl, but he knows just how to do it not to hard, he's learning. Eats a lot.

Name:	Zorro6weeks2-5kg.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	325.1 KB 
ID:	9660  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast