Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Cool My dog has bumps all over his body

I have a two year old white bull terrier. He recently developed these bumps ALL over his body. I changed his food thinking it was that but they just got worse, so I changed it back to the one he had originally. It seems to have stopped spreading but it hasn't gone away. Has anypne been through this same problem and how do i help him get better???

2. What food is he on now?

Maybe call your vet? See what they say. :)

well now hes back on the brand that was good for him originally but i was wondering if it might also be the heat.. I live in Miami

4. Could be heat rash, I don't know. Can you post up a picture? Does it itch him at all? What's the name of the food he's on? Could be allergies. I'm not a vet, so I'm just throwing a few things out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie121 View Post
    I have a two year old white bull terrier. He recently developed these bumps ALL over his body. I changed his food thinking it was that but they just got worse, so I changed it back to the one he had originally. It seems to have stopped spreading but it hasn't gone away. Has anypne been through this same problem and how do i help him get better???
    I'd have him looked at by a vet. Could be allergies...sometimes they do not develop until later on, some around the age of your dog. How long has he had these bumps? Could also be a contact allergy...light skinned dogs can be very sensitive to things. At any rate, taking him to his vet. for a determination of what it is would be the best course of action.

Im going to take some pics... i thought it would be heat rashes since i just recently started walking with him in the afternoons, it doesn't really itch 2 much, it's more like when a kid gets intoxicated by eating a food that they're allergic 2. like the bumps are all over, from head to tail, i ended up spreading 2 his head like 2 days ago

7. I agree with Arrowhead. Have your vet check it out. Also, tell your vet you changed foods.

How big are the bumps? Are they little pimples or are they pea-sized or what? Loki got covered in pea-sized bumps due to an allergic reaction to a bug sting.

What sort of "bumps" are they? Like Lindsay said... are they pimple-looking, or bumps that are completely under the skin like hives?

My boy Ruger gets hives from stress/excitement. If he does anything really exciting or stressful, that night or the next morning he'll be covered in hives that go away within a few days.

well they're like a little bit of both. if he bites at it 2 much it bleeds a little. they're pink n its all over his back and legs. they look more like red ant bites, u know how red ant bited look like they have puss in them

Nope, doesn't sound anything like what my boy gets! Ruger's aren't red at all... you can hardly notice them unless you look at the right angle or feel them.

I think maybe a vet exam is in order on this one... and I'm not one to recommend vets right away :)

I think i am gonna have to take him to the vet... he seems 2 b getting better, i mean at least i think, after i've been giving him benadryl.. I think im gonna wait 4 the weekend 2 p$#@! n then i'll take him on monday if he still has them... but thank u all 4 ur sugestions

A word of caution with the benadry, don't give it for too long. It has an ingredient that negatively affects the liver :) I don't give it for more than four days at a time, and no more than twice a month, and not every month.

good 2 know... i've only been giving it 2 him 4 like 2 days n its children's benadryl... i was told thats better 2 use

Sounds like a hive of some sort, but best to always go with getting them checked with the vet.

16. Blade had the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Annie121 View Post
    Blade is a 3 year old Blue Fawn Pit Bull and he had the same thing. It would disappear and come back. I finally took him to the vet because everyone was saying it was a parisite that lived under the skin. Come to find out it was the treats we fed him. The carry ums from Wal-Mart. It took us months to figure it out because we had to only give him one thing a week at a time to find out the vet said. When we introduced the snacks it happened. The vet said alergies could happen over night. I was also told by a breeder that alot of Pits have sensitive skin and alot of owners can irritate their Pits by just touching them after coming in contact with something. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by pamwoodall; 07-18-2008 at 01:55 AM. Reason: forgot to add age

Hades had a reaction to a bug bite too.

I put him in the tub with cold water and put baking soda all over the bumps and let it sit for 10 minutes or so. Just wet it and coated him with it. Don't ask me how or why it works, my MIL told me to do it once we narrowed it down to bug bites.

Shortly after they disappeared.

This is what it looked like, sorry for the quality, I had to take it this way or otherwise the bumps wouldn't show up:

Images
    Witha white dog...light skin...the red is most likely normal for any kind of bump that shows up. Sounds like it could also be a reaction to contact with fleas or some other environmental irritant. Maybe a "Hexadene" shampoo regiment until it clears up. You can also use a wet wash cloth after an ourside trip vigorusly rub your dog down after being outside...it cools them off and wipes off possible allergens. Also adding some Omega 3 oils to thier food might help a bit.

Thanx every1 4 their suggestions. As of right now, the bumps have somewhat gone away, they come back but not as much as before. So far, i've come 2 the comclusion that it was some food that we bought @ Publix. Since then we've gottan rid of it n he's gotten better, with the exception of an outbreak here and there, like when he goes outside n stuff

20. My Pitty pup Has Pea sized bumps

First post.
    This is the second time my Pit pup has gotten these. I thought they may be mites so The first time (about a month ago) I took him to the vet and $200 later I had Sulfoxydex Shampoo (for itch), antibiotics and a shot of ivermectin and slowly the symptoms subsided. Almost all but gone then Friday Aug 15 I noticed that they started again on his hind quarters and the next day covering his body. I remembered that thursday I gave him his heartgard Chewable. Last month I gave it to him 4 days before I took him to the vet, I'm wondering if he is allergic to an ingredient in the chewable.
    Sorry about being long winded
    Anyone know of this happening?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Close Oz bumps.jpg 
Views:	21876 
Size:	389.6 KB 
ID:	1394   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oz Bumps.jpg 
Views:	21458 
Size:	281.8 KB 
ID:	1395  

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast