Post housing without breed restrictions

Hello!

I'm new here and I actually found the site because I am in the endless search for housing with no breed restrictions! I am in a place with Maggie now, but we are moving out (if anyone in Oakland, CA needs a place, message me!) and looking for a new space, but can really only find places if they are privately owned by a single owner (houses, duplexes, condos) and even those often have restrictions if they even allow pets. Usually they'll only allow "aggressive" breeds if they own one themselves.

I thought I'd just start a thread so people who know of apartments that rent without breed restrictions could post them. As far as I know the only apartments available in the east bay are these ones (managed by SF rent). Anyone else know of apartments or management companies that have no breed restrictions in the Bay Area or elsewhere in the states? Maybe this thread will help pit owners like me not have to give up their pups because they can't find a place to live with them!

Thanks!
    Caitlin

2. If anyone ever moves to Gainesville, FL...

Paradigm Properties owns a good chunk of the appartments around here, and has no breed restrictions. There's probably 200 apartment complexes here.

3. How big are the aparments?

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Honestly im looking for a place on long island or even upstate new york but my boyfriend wants to move to florida

4. The apartments are all sizes and styles. There's dozens of complexes to choose from.

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

It's a college town though...60,000+ students. That's fully half the population of the town. Jobs are scarce, rent is high (for Florida) and the average pay is $#@!...because of the high student pop.

Very pit bull friendly, though. And tons of nearby outlying rural areas where home rentals are cheap, and landlords aren't picky about dogs. ;)

You can live on five acres in the woods for around $600-$700 a month, and be only 5-10 minutes away from Gainesville and it's plethora of dining, entertainment, and shopping options.

I like it here. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorpit View Post
    The apartments are all sizes and styles. There's dozens of complexes to choose from.

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

It's a college town though...60,000+ students. That's fully half the population of the town. Jobs are scarce, rent is high (for Florida) and the average pay is $#@!...because of the high student pop.

Very pit bull friendly, though. And tons of nearby outlying rural areas where home rentals are cheap, and landlords aren't picky about dogs. ;)

You can live on five acres in the woods for around $600-$700 a month, and be only 5-10 minutes away from Gainesville and it's plethora of dining, entertainment, and shopping options.

$#@! 5 acres in the woods!600-700!Im paying 1,450 a month in NYC.
    I dont have 5 acres to run on but i have 5 blocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorpit View Post
    The apartments are all sizes and styles. There's dozens of complexes to choose from.

5 acres for 600-700 dang. I'm paying that for a small 1 bedroom apartment. If you want rent a place with a small yard around here you are looking right at $1200 anything with real land well well over that. Around here you are better off to own a home. Because what you pay in rent for a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment or a rental house is a small house payment

7. I know what you mean. The rural areas around Gainesville are pretty reasonable, but still high compared to similar areas in other parts of Florida. The rent in Gainesville itself is outrageous (compared to similar sized cities in other parts of Florida) but other parts of Florida seem literlly dirt cheap compared to other parts of the country.

For example, in town, the cheapest rent is around $600 for a studio apartment. A two bedroom house in town depending on location would be minimum $2000.

A two bedroom home in the outlying country would be around $600.

But I could get a two bedroom home in town where I went to high school for $350.

Rent on average is higher in other states, but so is minimum wage and average pay.

Average rent reflects the money that flows, and it's not that great. lol

8. Quote Originally Posted by SOURDEISEL View Post
    $#@! 5 acres in the woods!600-700!Im paying 1,450 a month in NYC.
    I dont have 5 acres to run on but i have 5 blocks!
    Diesel are u actually in the city? What do u rent? Im out on long island and rent is ridiculous here. Im renting a one bedroom basement apartment for 1100 thank god im gettinout of here. The landlord doesn't fix anything there's no fenced yard oh I could go on..im looking to rent a house in Suffolk county 3 br for 1400 that's not bad.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Ps upstate new york my friend by lake george is renting ten acres of property with a 3 bedroom house for 800 a month lol THAT'S where I want to be =)

Images
    Here's a great thread about renting with dogs : Renting With Your Dog Regardless of Breed - General Dog Discussions Check the area and make sure there are no bully bans and it might be a good idea to check out the areas in person to get a feel for them. :)

There are a handful of legitimate property management companies in/around Atlanta, Georgia that will rent to owners of Pit Bulls; however, expect to pay 2-3 times the regular pet deposit amount, be expected to carry a $1M liability policy (about $20 more per month) on top of your standard "deposit, first and last month's rent."

They make it [monetarily] difficult to rent to people that own Pit Bulls, but it's not impossible.

(Aka the aforementioned property management company....

$800/mth house rental
    $500 pet deposit is $1,500 for EACH APBT or "aggressive breed"
    $800 deposit
    $800 first month's rent
    $800 last month's rent

If you have one APBT, you'd be expected to pay $3,900 in deposits just to move in.)

11. Hi! We are trying to help a Marine find housing in the East Bay area of San Francisco. He has 2 rescued Pits. Does anyone know of buildings or landlords he could contact?

12. I'm a landlady and I'll tell you my perspective. I put a lot of work into remodeling my rental home, and I have good relationships with the neighbors. I wouldn't object to one well-behaved pit bull but I would want to meet the dog first, and would probably ask for a good canine certificate or something.

If you work with individual owners, try offering something like that. One extra month of security deposit, a good canine certificate, and proof of renter's insurance. That would give me a warm fuzzy renting to someone with a pit bull.

Images
    how do i get in contact with you ....jjflorescrose@gmail.com please i need a place for me and my two pits to the post about oakland

14. I'm not renting in Oakland and I have a good tenant right now, sorry. I'm giving you my general perspective on approaches to try with potential landlords. All a landlord wants is someone who won't destroy his property and will pay rent on time.

I know this is from 2011, but would you happen to know some pet friendly apartments that will accept 2 pitbulls in Long Island? They really need to stop with this breed specific rule. Don't they know that there is no problem with the Breed, it is the irresponsible and idiot owners that is the problem?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison2010 View Post
    I know this is from 2011, but would you happen to know some pet friendly apartments that will accept 2 pitbulls in Long Island? They really need to stop with this breed specific rule. Don't they know that there is no problem with the Breed, it is the irresponsible and idiot owners that is the problem?
    This is why I never recommend getting a bull breed before owning a home.... It's going to be very tough to find an apartment. A house is more likely... Where in long island. I live in Northern California but spent many years on LI. I MAY be able to point you in the right direction. But, here is my tip for you and anybody that needs to rent with a bull breed.
    When I use to rent I ALWAYS offered double the security deposit. What that did was ensure the landlord that I was responsible and ready to cover any problems that can/would go wrong. I ended up being able to rent multiple homes this way, and most of the time they didnt even end up taking the extra deposit. Two of those places werent even pet friendly at all...

Anyone know a good sector within 45 minutes of Washing DC that can allow 3 dogs and 3 cats? I am flirting with the idea of moving down there for a job, and I wanted to know if it's realistic to think I can find a house for rent at $1,750 per month that will allow my Bully?

Images
    There are a lot of rural towns in Pennsylvania that have no breed restrictions. I live in Carbondale and have a pit the landlords are fine with him as most in this area are.