Images

Woke up limping?

Mick woke up limping on his right rear leg.He is holding it up and seems to not be in much if any pain.I can touch him and he shows no sign of pain,but the limp is pretty obvious.I checked his paws/pads,leg,hip and belly and I cannot see anything amiss.He went to sleep last night 100% fine,and I didn't hear him yelp,cry,whine or anything in the night.
    Since he is not in pain,we are going to take him in on his scheduled vet appointment early this week,unless he gets worse.But it still has me wondering how he did it?

What could have caused such a limp,no yelping,no pain,just holding a leg up???

When Foxy blew out her acl slipping on the tiled from doors, she never made a sound either. Sometimes pain tolerance in these dogs is not a good thing! Best get it checked out and hopefully your pup has just strained his leg and it stiffened up while he was sleeping and is very uncomfortable right now. When is the appt you have?

Images
    ah ha! we found it.Something is wrong with the pad.Looks like something imbedded in the interior portion of his pad in between his toes-way up in there.I could not get out what was imbedded,so I cleaned it up,used some ointment and then put a bootie on it to soften the area up and draw out whats in there.With the padding on his foot/bootie he's walking on it.

Yay!! Glad its not something more serious!! Hope it comes out quickand he's back to normal soon!!

Similar Threads

1. Woke up to a mess
    By JollyRogers in forum Health & Nutritional Care
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 12:10 PM
  2. woke up to dog in pain
    By John Davis in forum Health & Nutritional Care
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 01:24 AM
  3. Woke up with limp...???
    By maddawgxxl in forum General Dog Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 01:37 PM
  4. I woke up to a Christmas Miracle
    By Alan in forum General Dog Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-24-2007, 11:20 PM
  5. Woke up this morning and Bella developed a...
    By tat2stuff in forum General Dog Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 12:00 AM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

dog woke up limping

puppy woke up limpingdog woke up crying and limpingpitbull puppy woke up limpingpitbull woke up limpingwoke up limpingwoke up with leg limpingdog woke up limping in paindog woke up with a limp legdog woke up with limpwoke up and dog was limpingdog woke up llimping on legwhy would my dog woke up limping todaydog woke up limping back legwaking up with a limp legdog woke up limping but is not cryingmy dog was sleeping and woke up crying and limpingdog woke up with limp no paini woke up limpingbull terrier limpingamerican bulldog limping back legAMERICAN BULLDOG LIMPING HINDmy dog yelped while sleeping and is now limpingmy pitbull woke up limpingmy pitbull limps after waking updog woke up crying limpingmy dog was fine at bedtime woke up he was limpingmy dog woke up with a limpdog went to sleep then woke up limpingmy dog wakes up yelping leg pittbull woke up limpingdog was fine at bedtime but when she woke ip.she will not put any weight on back legdog woke up and is limpingmy dog woke up favour rear foot seems to be in her hip Bulldog wakes up and limps