Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks guys. I am far from an expert in OFRN blood, but was just adding Arson because I think anytime Camelot blood is used it can go either direction depending on how you use it. That stuff seems to have always been bigger, and yes, now-a-days it seems to be more $#@!ociated with bullies, but it also seems to be used with a lot of the hog hunters as well, and seems to produce good working dogs. Arson comes from a kennel that is very much into hog hunting, and producing working dogs. He has excelled thus far in Schutzhund, and I don't doubt he would be a good catch dog too.

Now he is also NOT 100lbs, and I am sure that would hinder any dogs abilities to carry all that extra weight. Is the red dog at the top the red dog in question? cause he kinda looks overweight first and foremost...and then I would expect he would still be on the big side even in shape.

2. Arson is a beautiful dog, and does not look like a bully at all. I was trying to make a point that traditional OFRN dogs are not big dogs, and are actually on the smaller side versus a lot of other gamebred lines.

They Hog Hunt

4. He looks like some of the older dogs down from "Camelot's Duke" that were used as hog dogs and protection dogs. He looks just like my old dog Zulu (RIP) who weighed 82lbs, was physically sound, and had more wind than a dog that size probably should have.

if got a dog from the Bryants she is really great in temprament and she temp to be not bully like. not all the dogs from jennifer and mike are big, semi sweet and kain where big and ginger is.
    bullseye and dixie are middle sized dogs, there new generations dogs are more at the middle weight size not like game bred dogs because they use them for the hog hunt.
    i have a great dog from them and they are very nice people.

6 months here on this pic.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

another pic off here
    she has a very atlethic build body.
    here dad is bullseye and here mom dixielands delights.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    im very happy with this dog!

6. My experience with OFRN dogs has led me to believe they are on the larger side of average (45 to 55lbs), with the females being significantly "daintier" than the males (In terms of bone structure).

My male is usually between 52 and 54 pounds. The females from his litter are large, but feminine.

Images
    I'm with Jazzy...this guy is way too cute!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Blaze N' Pits View Post
    True OFRN's (from what I've read) were bred to be completely red... all red coat, red nose, red toe nails, red whiskers, etc. You can easily google search OFRN and will most likely come across a link explaining how the OFRN's originated and with what bloodlines, breeders, etc.
    Wheni first started in dogs backin the late 60s i had a old family dog that came from Bob Wallace's yard he was red red nose his sister was white red nose the game breed red nose where all different colors from red ,white,brindle they all had red noses and golden eyes

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Also Howard Heinzl had a lot of dogs in the 70s that came red nose some were red and red brindle with golden eyes they were Colby/Dibo with a little Lightner the dog Heinzl's Farrah Fawcet was a red brindle dog with red nose and golden eyes her pups were about half and half red and black nose so the color dosen't make a OFRN it is the breeding where they came from Wallace Hemphill and Wilder tryed to keep it pure but most is so cross bred i don't know if there is any left today

9. Those are OFRN dogs. They are within all the requirements and the proper weight.

10. my .02

you cant judge a good dog by size alone but the breed is named american pit bull TERRIER for a reason

i doubt very seriously even the BULLDOGS they used to create this breed were no where near 100 lbs

the traditional size for these dogs is usually 30-60 lbs (give or take) but regardless of size they should always be athletic, have a strong prey drive and good stamina...you just dont see that in the larger dogs imo

Images
    Actually if you do research which I have been, I have been reading the bloodlines Journals as well as many other RELIABLE sources he does in fact look very much like the OFRN dogs of before. Many of them were between 60- 70 lbs and more! I also raise dogs of this bloodline and believe my dogs are of the true and original APBT lineage. Through years of breeding people have breed for specific traits that THEY like. The dogs size can fluctuate and they can be bred larger or smaller depending on what the breeder decides to breed for.These lines are not to be confused with the bully breeds. A lot of which will have dramatic results after just one breeding and were obviously out crossed with other breeds and paperwork falsified. But it is possible that after generations of breeding the "real deal" to be either larger or smaller that they can come up with pitbulls ranging 20 to 100+ lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tndog View Post
    Wheni first started in dogs backin the late 60s i had a old family dog that came from Bob Wallace's yard he was red red nose his sister was white red nose the game breed red nose where all different colors from red ,white,brindle they all had red noses and golden eyes

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Also Howard Heinzl had a lot of dogs in the 70s that came red nose some were red and red brindle with golden eyes they were Colby/Dibo with a little Lightner the dog Heinzl's Farrah Fawcet was a red brindle dog with red nose and golden eyes her pups were about half and half red and black nose so the color dosen't make a OFRN it is the breeding where they came from Wallace Hemphill and Wilder tryed to keep it pure but most is so cross bred i don't know if there is any left today
    Oh ok. Obviously I don't know much more than what I've read and I really haven't looked into OFRN's too much... there's plenty of people on PBC that know more than me when it comes to this topic.

Maybe I just read that 'all red from nose to tail' is what they strived for or something... I honestly can't tell you because it's been so long that I've read anything about the OFRN dogs lol.

Only one person I would go see to get a OFRN dog. Most probably haven't heard of him, but I'm sure Beth Burgess knows who I am talking about. Been bugging him for awhile now for a bitch, haha. Although he has done some partner breedings and I do like the Yogi Boots that he brings to the mix.

There are many ofrn that are 55-65lbs. I have seen some OFBA dogs get to that weight and they are the purest you can find in my opinion. But Lano has also had 25-35 dogs so it just goes to show you just don't know what always is gonna click.

Images
    Not trying to say anything bad about anyone/kennel or breeder, but just for you FYI 'PR' Bryant's Semi-Sweet's grand sire on her sire's side is a FULL AmStaff 'PR' Sonia's Trip http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...p?dog_id=78417

I know this because I USED to have APBT/AmStaff crosses with some of the same dogs behind them http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...?dog_id=411651 (my boy Kane.... Rest In Peace )

Now I have my girl Gracie, she's my OFRN/Clouse cross..... http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...?dog_id=411420

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12