Thread: DIY carpet mill

Images

DIY carpet mill

Hey everyone. I found some guy building a carpet mill for his dog. Thought it was pretty cool. I just wanted to share with my pbc family. :)

Makes sense and sounds simple. Sounds like a summer project ;).
    He's got a video of his lab using it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LilianaLove View Post
    Makes sense and sounds simple. Sounds like a summer project ;).
    He's got a video of his lab using it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7qIN..._order&list=UL
    Yeah, it's definitely a project that I need to do. I'm going to modify it when I build one.

Ok, so I'm officially making this. My uncle is going to help me out (I don't even on a drill :o).
    Maybe in the next week or so we'll get started. I can't wait! :)
    I think we're going to go with a 5ft long base, and a 3ft tall frame where the leash connects. I do want to put walls on it though, we'll see.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LilianaLove View Post
    Ok, so I'm officially making this. My uncle is going to help me out (I don't even on a drill :o).
    Maybe in the next week or so we'll get started. I can't wait! :)
    I think we're going to go with a 5ft long base, and a 3ft tall frame where the leash connects. I do want to put walls on it though, we'll see.
    Make sure you take some pics. Hopefully I'll start one soon. :)

Or you can get an old manual type treadmill, slap some carpet on the belt & you've got the same thing. Cheaper & easier. That's what I did! lol! In this day of electric treadmills, very few people want a manual treadmill anymore. You can usually find a used manual treadmill cheap on Craigslist or your local thrift store. I've found the prices to be around $40 & some are even free b/c people just want to get them out of their house!

YIC

TRIM YOUR DOGS NAILS BEFORE I BRING IT UP Land, right next to MD
    Images
    idk.. i wen tot another vid after that one.. and had a red pit bull .. titled crazy incline. Looks like, if the dog goes to stop running, its feets keep sliding, so its forced to keep running. so when its freakin done..and its owner wants to keep pushing him.. well, whats the poor dog to do? just hang there? lol

Ive been looking into making one of these outta an old manual treadmill and mod. it up a bit. Of course id be responsible. Im just sayying..some llook like enough is enough and the owners keep it up .

be caredul to anyone making this for the first time, the wider and longer the mill base is, the harder it will be for the dog to run on it. carpet mills are already hard enough with crappy free spin than a slat, making it bigger will cause less free spin. keep it as small as you possibly can.

TRIM YOUR DOGS NAILS BEFORE I BRING IT UP Land, right next to MD
    Images
    sooo, ure saying an old manuel tread mill is a no no??

@ LilianaLove im guessing since u never posted any pics, that you didnt get around ta building one?

the way a manual mill modified ive seen free spin better than this link set up (yes i have personal exp with it, i have one made somewhat like this guys right now this isnt some hear say crap lol)