1. American Pitbull bites blanket

I have an all white APBT that is 5 months old. Every time we go to sleep or he sees a blanket he goes and bits it. He bit the blanket and salvage there until he get tired of doing this. If you take him of the blanket he seem displeased and try to go back or get to another piece of blanket.
    I don't know where he got this from. I recently got him.
    Can anyone tell me if this is going to be a problem later on or how to get rid of the behavior !!!!!

Images
    My SBT has been doing this since he was a puppy. He will be 5 next month. He bites and holds the blanket with his mouth while his 2 front paws grasp it.

What are you doing to correct him of this behavior right now? APBT (and typically any type of "pit bull" type dog) are pretty strong willed puppies and a simple "no no bad puppy" and shaking of your index finger isn't going to cut it.

If he bites the blanket, I'd say NO very firmly and loud and remove the blanket from him. Is he sleeping in the bed with you or in the crate?

Allowing him to chew on and bite things that aren't his is a big no-no in my book. He needs to only put his mouth on HIS toys, not yours. This is something you'll want to establish now before it gets out of hand and you are missing furniture bc he's destroyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by PeytonLove View Post
    What are you doing to correct him of this behavior right now? APBT (and typically any type of "pit bull" type dog) are pretty strong willed puppies and a simple "no no bad puppy" and shaking of your index finger isn't going to cut it.

If he bites the blanket, I'd say NO very firmly and loud and remove the blanket from him. Is he sleeping in the bed with you or in the crate?

Allowing him to chew on and bite things that aren't his is a big no-no in my book. He needs to only put his mouth on HIS toys, not yours. This is something you'll want to establish now before it gets out of hand and you are missing furniture bc he's destroyed it.
    I 100% agree with this, what I did (Goren used to bite towels when I would dry him off after washing him) I would scruff him, saying NO with a firm voice, when he let go I would go back to what I was doing with the towel (this was mainly in drying his head) and when he would do it again, same thing, firm scruffing and NO, this took a few times to sink in but he has not done it since he was 5 months old and he is now 2 years old. I believe some times you have to get physical but that does not mean you have to slap or beat your pup, scruffing is not painful and its what the mother dog does so its more natural than pretty much anything we humans can do.

Yes the blanket game is truly fun for a dog, but bad for sleeping people or hands and feet under the blanket. Because it's so much fun your gonna have to be stern and stubborn in your corrections, he's not going to want to stop this "great" game :)
    Good Luck...

6. he is sleeping with me in my bed. When he does bite on the blanket or towel. I get it out of his mouth and let him no!!
    i been doing this for a couple of weeks with little results. It is like he like to suffocate himself with the blanket or towel.(He still breath out of his nose normally.) Sometime he will stop for a bit and then after a couple of minute of not doing it he goes back to it.

Is he tired before bedtime? If he's still wanting to play while you are trying to get him to relax for the night, he may not be tired enough for bed. I'd do a good play session 30 minutes or so before bed, make sure he potties, then time for bed. If he keeps biting the blankets after you tell him no, either kick him off the bed and make him sleep on the floor or in the crate. Your correction/punishment is obviously not working if you keep allowing him to "go back to it" after you take it from him. He thinks it's a game, and you are NOT winning.

Images
    To be clear my dog only does it with his blankets and dog bed and nothing else so we don't care about it.

If what you are doing isn't working, you can also try going a more positive route instead of punishment. What I generally do with puppies chewing something they shouldn't, is I simply remove them from the object with a simple NO and then redirect them to something they CAN chew. Maybe for him some kind of cloth tug toy since he seems to like the cloth. What I'll do is literally put in right in their mouth and PRAISE PRAISE PRAISE and try to get them into it by skaking it up or luring them with it. I just make like it is the best thing EVER so they are drawn to it. If he's doing it at bed time and you don't want to play, the second he does it, a simple NO and remove him from access to the blanket, ie: crate him for the night.

Sasha would hold the blanket with one paw and chew on it. But she was pretty smart about it she would wrap her bone in it. She destroyed several blankets when she was younger. We eventually took away all the blankets for awhile and gradually introduced them back all the while using the leave it command. That leave it command works wonders for everything it seems. And now she will lay on a blanket and leave the blanket alone. Granted she is 3 now.

My Am Bulldog will chew any blanket thats not acrylic. I gave her a nice stuffed comforter once(and only once) and she killed it like it was a big stuffed toy, Fluffy stuffing all over!

12. Quote Originally Posted by MsAcer View Post
    Yes the blanket game is truly fun for a dog, but bad for sleeping people or hands and feet under the blanket. Because it's so much fun your gonna have to be stern and stubborn in your corrections, he's not going to want to stop this "great" game :)
    Good Luck...

My dog bit a hole in my pillow one night. Just the other day I had to save "Winnie the Pooh" from her she was carrying him down the hallway, I know she had fun plans for him.