Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dog toys they can't chew up??

Is there ANYTHING that can't be chewed up? The closest I have found is a nyla bone (has lasted about 3 months, which isn't bad I guess) and dang if she didn't break the end off of it the other day. Bought one of those tire toys with a rope last night, thought it might last a little while...Geezzzz, she was SO thrilled and happy, and about 2 minutes later there was already black stuff getting chewed off, ended up putting it up after a little while of her chewing off the rubber...lol... Gave her back the broken nyla bone, at least half of it isn't broken yet. She loves that kind of stuff and loves it more if she CAN chew it up..lol... but I need something that will last. She doesn't really like rawhide type toys. I have heard the antler is good, but don't have a place to get them and don't know if she would like it anyway.

Any ideas?

I've always been a fan of Jolly Balls and GoughNuts.

GoughNuts Dog Chew Toy

They have a Guarantee that if your dog chews through it, they replace it. Go for the black one.

a tire. not a petsmart tire.

4. A Kong ball.
    Seems to work well for my friends Bulldog.

Quote Originally Posted by Coiler View Post

GoughNuts Dog Chew Toy

They have a Guarantee that if your dog chews through it, they replace it. Go for the black one.
    these are GREAT, we had a foster that could chew ANYTHING in fact he got through the goughnut stick, the doughnut is near impossible and no matter what if your dog gets through to the core they replace it!!!

The only things we have found are the Nylabones, but the Galileo and the big ones. Those are the only things that last longer than 5 minutes in our home. Even Kongs (yes, the black ones) are lucky to last 5-10 minutes, once Man gets a hold of it. Jolly Balls don't last, either.

If you go with tires, make sure you get all the metal/wires out of them, these can cause severe damage to your dog.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieC View Post
    The only things we have found are the Nylabones, but the Galileo and the big ones. Those are the only things that last longer than 5 minutes in our home. Even Kongs (yes, the black ones) are lucky to last 5-10 minutes, once Man gets a hold of it. Jolly Balls don't last, either.

If you go with tires, make sure you get all the metal/wires out of them, these can cause severe damage to your dog.
    you can also get belt/wireless ones, or you can go get a tractor tire.

KONG BALL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!
    Kong Ball - Dog.com
    BUT it has to be the 1 with no holes. they have a food kong ball too. get the solid rubber1.

also Tuffy Toys. But they will eventually destroy them. They do have different ratings on them. I would go for the 10
    Mega Series

Almost indestructible dog ball
    Almost Indestructible Best Ball by Hueter Toledo | Indestructible Dog

Wow!!! There are some toys!!!..lol..Thanks guys!! I will definately look closer into these. I like the fact that the manufacturer will give you your money back for goughnuts products....awesome!!

10. D Blue has the same problem

First to answer one thing, you can get a deer or even an elk antler on ebay. D Blue has destroyed toys in record time. It took her about a minute and a half to shred a Kong For Extreme Power Chewers. An "indestructible" rope toy took her less time than that. The nylabone ring is in pieces as well. The one toy that has lasted so far a month is the UnBreakoball which does have a guarantee. Also, avoid the tire on a rope toys, no matter how thick they are. I bought one that was so thick and it was almost twenty bucks, in less than an hour it was gone!

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy57 View Post
    First to answer one thing, you can get a deer or even an elk antler on ebay. D Blue has destroyed toys in record time. It took her about a minute and a half to shred a Kong For Extreme Power Chewers. An "indestructible" rope toy took her less time than that. The nylabone ring is in pieces as well. The one toy that has lasted so far a month is the UnBreakoball which does have a guarantee. Also, avoid the tire on a rope toys, no matter how thick they are. I bought one that was so thick and it was almost twenty bucks, in less than an hour it was gone!
    I am going to Jackson, TN soon, they have an antler there, probably going to try it. Daisy has done the same ....destroyed things in minutes...lol... I don't think I will give her the tire toy back, gosh the jolly ball lasted longer than that thing.. I did just order the Unbreakoball, it looked like something she would like. Wish it had a squeaky in it...lol...then I know she would love it!!! Thanks!

Oh, and I do have a Kong ball that we play fetch with, but I don't let her keep that one... lol

Kong Ball rocks!

Otherwise my dogs love to play with bowling balls or coconuts.

Question about the unbreakoball-
    I think that our dogs would play with the 6in' ball more so than the 'Big Daddy'. But the 'Big Daddy' would probably last longer. I know there is a garauntee either way, but (if you own one) would you think the 6in' ball would last?

I have the six inch unbreakaball. My dogs really like it, but they get their canines stuck in the holes. So I would sugget the larger ball just to prevent that from happening.

I also suggest the www.goughnuts.com toys. I have the original goughnut toy and my dogs love it. Gypsy will gnaw on it for an hour and she doesn't leave any teeth impressions. They have the donut shape, a ball, and a stick to choose from.

We've had good luck with Galileo bones, and the black Kongs. They don't get them very often tho, but when they do, they are happy dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    I have the six inch unbreakaball. My dogs really like it, but they get their canines stuck in the holes. So I would sugget the larger ball just to prevent that from happening.

I also suggest the www.goughnuts.com toys. I have the original goughnut toy and my dogs love it. Gypsy will gnaw on it for an hour and she doesn't leave any teeth impressions. They have the donut shape, a ball, and a stick to choose from.
    Thanx, we were checkin out both since they have the warranties :)

Quote Originally Posted by jeoestreich View Post
    Kong Ball rocks!

Otherwise my dogs love to play with bowling balls or coconuts.
    Ifeel like I need a bowling ball for her sometimes....maybe this new ball will work....going to get the antler too when I get to Jackson.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post

Dang...wish I had seen your post before I ordered the 6"!!!... well I will have to see how she does...I didn't realize the goughnuts had a stick shape...will have to back to the site...that would be great too!!!! Thanks for the info!!!

18. Did u try at http://thepaws.depapaz.comThey have many qualified pet toys, you can also try their newsletter first for an updated new comer product.
    I bought twice from them and it's so very though quality pet toys.

Merry Christmas and happy new years to All.............

19. we at nutra-9 carry a nice line of tough toys!

Got the unbreakoball!! She loves it!!...but I do worry about her getting her teeth stuck...lol....I would love to leave it in her pen in the daytime...but can't with those holes...might come home to a toothless dog...lol....she does love it though...thanks for all the help..Yall have given some GREAT ideas!!!...I would rather pay a little more for something, than have a $15 dollar toy chewed up in 15 minutes...lol...Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast