Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Infinia by purina?

We have a new store in our town thats selling Infinia dog food. while it seems like alright food, id like to know if anyone here has ever used it? the store is going to be selling it for 49.99 per 30lb bag, and if we end up being in this town any longer and TOTW DOES go up significantly in price, i was thinking of switching over if it ends up being cheaper.

A little off topic but I remember the post about TOTW prices increasing. But when you say significantly, how much do you think they'll raise???

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

It just took me a solid four months to find a good kibble for one dog. I would hate for $ to make me have to start this process allllll over again

i dunno bugsy, im hoping not enough to make me change lol. im just keeping my options open incase something ridiculous happens (which in my town is very likely to happen)

I found this site they are briefly discussing it: Infinia dog food, grain free - Food & Nutrition Forum

I hesitate to trust ANYTHING by Purina. I dont really have experience with the dog foods, but their horse feeds were constantly being recalled for one reason or another when I was working at a place that fed Purina. I think that there are better alternatives- I know many have mentioned that the Costco brand dog food is good for the price.
    I can hardly imagine that if the price of food goes up that it will be more than a few dollars a bag. That wouldn't be enough to make me switch from something my dog is doing well on, but then I had a crazy time finding something that worked for him, too.

I'd almost be willing to give it a try if I can find it but that is too expensive IMO. When TOTW is $42.99 at TSC plus a $5 off coupon, I can't see myself paying $50 for something made by Purina.

Where does it say that TOTW prices are increasing??

Honestly I'm not comfortable with Purina. That food nearly killed one of my dogs in the past and I've known another dog to have permanent issues after getting sick off of it. I don't trust it. But that doesn't mean its a bad food I guess.

Personally I think that price is too high for anything Purina.

I certainly hope TOTW doesn't go up too much in price we just got her switched over on it and its good food and affordable. We get the 15lb bag for like $24. It lasts us atleast a month. Right in our price range. I guess if It goes up in price I'll pay it though. Its a good food and she likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by balooeyes View Post
    I found this site they are briefly discussing it: Infinia dog food, grain free - Food & Nutrition Forum

I hesitate to trust ANYTHING by Purina. I dont really have experience with the dog foods, but their horse feeds were constantly being recalled for one reason or another when I was working at a place that fed Purina. I think that there are better alternatives- I know many have mentioned that the Costco brand dog food is good for the price.
    I can hardly imagine that if the price of food goes up that it will be more than a few dollars a bag. That wouldn't be enough to make me switch from something my dog is doing well on, but then I had a crazy time finding something that worked for him, too.
    the guy who showed me this food, said that this particular dog food is not made by the purina corp known for $#@!ty dog food, but by the horse feed mill, i havent looked that up though, so not sure if thats even true.

we dont have a costco.

our issue is TSC is well over 45mins of a drive, so if you factor in the price increase with gas spent, it ultimately cost alot more for me to buy TOTW than to go to this close store and buying this dog food is why i will consider it. yes, im being a cheap $#@!, but i have some life changes coming up in a couple of months, and saving money is something i need to do right now.

If you feel comfortable feeding it and your dogs do good on it that's all that matters. I would like to know how your dogs do on it if you decide to feed it.

It is made by PMI- Purina Mills Inc- not same Purina as in Purina Dog Chow, Pro Plan, etc.

http://www.pminutrition.com/main.html

Ingredients look ok to me. If it was priced reasonable, I would consider it for my fosters, but I haven't seen it sold anywhere near me.

Quote Originally Posted by mstngchic2012 View Post
    If you feel comfortable feeding it and your dogs do good on it that's all that matters. I would like to know how your dogs do on it if you decide to feed it.
    Agreed, however I personally just say no to Purina. :)

This is made by PMI not Purina as in wal mart Purina its made by the same company that makes Exclusive which is equivilant to Diamons Naturals.

So technically purina would have a better track record actually. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany3483 View Post
    It is made by PMI- Purina Mills Inc- not same Purina as in Purina Dog Chow, Pro Plan, etc.

http://www.pminutrition.com/main.html

Ingredients look ok to me. If it was priced reasonable, I would consider it for my fosters, but I haven't seen it sold anywhere near me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Budboy88 View Post
    This is made by PMI not Purina as in wal mart Purina its made by the same company that makes Exclusive which is equivilant to Diamons Naturals.
    From my understanding PMI is owned by Land O' Lakes and Land O' Lakes owns Purina as in the dog chow and livestock feed... At least that is what I've gotten from my research.

your better off getting the grainless foods at your local costco, pay the 50 dollar yearly fee and your good to go. dollar a pound.

Quote Originally Posted by Hucklebutt View Post
    your better off getting the grainless foods at your local costco, pay the 50 dollar yearly fee and your good to go. dollar a pound.
    repeated: i do not live within 500 miles of a costco.

Where is the post about TOTW prices increasing? I'm really curious if this is actually going to happen.

From my understanding PMI is owned by Land O' Lakes and Land O' Lakes owns Purina as in the dog chow and livestock feed... At least that is what I've gotten from my research.
    hm according to mine, nestle owns the crap purina, land o lakes is self owned, and owns PMI, which makes them unrelated?? :confused: maybe i suck at google?? lol

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Where is the post about TOTW prices increasing? I'm really curious if this is actually going to happen.
    Price Increases Coming - Orijen - TOTW - Diamond - Health Nutritional Care

Quote Originally Posted by brindlexpitt View Post
    hm according to mine, nestle owns the crap purina, land o lakes is self owned, and owns PMI, which makes them unrelated?? :confused: maybe i suck at google?? lol
    I'm not sure who owns who or what after doing more research but from what I can find Purina livestock feed and Purina dog chow are connected somehow... I do know that they share the same headquarters in MO.

I'm not sure who owns who or what after doing more research but from what I can find Purina livestock feed and Purina dog chow are connected somehow... I do know that they share the same headquarters in MO.
    From my experience with the purina livestock feed it has pretty shoddy quality standards also. People have had success with the feed that I've heard, as long as their horse doesnt die from salmonella. When I worked at the equine vet, I remember Purina horse feed ALWAYS had a recall out for one reason or another. not sure if they've changed at all since then, but it was only 3 years ago that I worked there.

Quote Originally Posted by balooeyes View Post
    From my experience with the purina livestock feed it has pretty shoddy quality standards also. People have had success with the feed that I've heard, as long as their horse doesnt die from salmonella. When I worked at the equine vet, I remember Purina horse feed ALWAYS had a recall out for one reason or another. not sure if they've changed at all since then, but it was only 3 years ago that I worked there.
    I have heard that as well. We just feed the horses a generic sweet feed from Orscheln's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast