Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Must you sleep RIGHT NEXT TO ME??

Hey guys, hows it going? New problem with Ember, well, sorta. She has to be in bed with us. Always touching us. I put her in her cage and all she does is whine. When she was a puppy I started her in her cage, she whined but got use to it. I kinda feel its kinda rude to leave her in her cage all night. But idk what else to do, have any suggestions? Thanks a bunch

i just have micha sleeping where she wants to, if it's next to me and i feel unconfortable i just push her away. it usually makes her feel unconfortable at that point and she just moves to the sofa by herself :p

She's a dog. If you want her in her cage, put her in her cage.
    I personally like Lily to sleep in bed with me. She gets under the covers and keeps my feet warm when we first get in bed, then when I wake up she's got her head on my pillow snuggling with me. :o I wouldn't have it any other way. Liberty gets up to say hi sometimes, but gets off, she needs her space.

I wish mine were content with just touching me when we sleep. I usually wake up with 90lbs worth of dog pinning down various body parts. Usually its that stinging, lack of circulation sensation that wakes me up!

2 of my 3 sleep up on the bed with me. MJ used to sleep VERY close to me, but she's now happy down at the foot of the bed. Murphy will fall asleep ON me (he'll rest his head on my shoulder/neck or leg), but then he'll move after a few and sleep near me, but not ON me. I don't mind it, as it's just me here.
    In your case, you got soft on her. She learned if she's put in her crate, you'll take her out NOW if she starts whining. So, if her sleeping right near you bothers you, put her in the crate. She is a dog, and you are her master, and you dictate where she sleeps. Crates aren't "rude"...

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    I wish mine were content with just touching me when we sleep. I usually wake up with 90lbs worth of dog pinning down various body parts. Usually its that stinging, lack of circulation sensation that wakes me up!
    For me it's the dew claw in the eye, or head on trachea .
    One morning I was having a dream that there were snakes all around me. I woke up in a panic- there was a snake under my neck! Less than 2 seconds later I realized I was laying on Lily's snake-like leg .

Quote Originally Posted by LilianaLove View Post
    She's a dog. If you want her in her cage, put her in her cage.
    I personally like Lily to sleep in bed with me. She gets under the covers and keeps my feet warm when we first get in bed, then when I wake up she's got her head on my pillow snuggling with me. :o I wouldn't have it any other way. Liberty gets up to say hi sometimes, but gets off, she needs her space.
    Agreed and same here. Lucy MUST sleep between me and Richie (when Richie goes to sleep before I wake up, which is rare), although she starts out at the foot of the bed.

Damas hops up for awhile, usually a few hours then goes to chew his bone, or turn my shoes and dirty clothes into a nest.

Ethel is up long enough to warm up the bed for me, make sure I'm warm and comfortable, then goes to lay in front of the door. And then she climbs on a couple times throughout the night to re warm the bed.

And waking up to Marsha's pleasant face.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

One morning I was having a dream that there were snakes all around me. I woke up in a panic- there was a snake under my neck! Less than 2 seconds later I realized I was laying on Lily's snake-like leg .

I just wake up overheating, or to Lucy kicking me in the kidneys causing me to almost pee myself.

Most mornings I'm woken up by cold, wet noses shoved in my eyes. They have it down pat, the alarm goes off, and all five of them are poking me.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

And waking up to Marsha's pleasant face.

Dude! You have no idea :eek: Sometimes I open my eyes, all sleepy and happy, and she is RIGHT THERE, staring at me.

Dude! You have no idea :eek: Sometimes I open my eyes, all sleepy and happy, and she is RIGHT THERE, staring at me.
    Giving you that stink eye...

10. Bella is perfect for sleeping with.she takes up as little room as possible and is perfect,minus the snoring.Zeus is a complete donkey and has been banished from my bed,he is welcome to sleep on the floor or couch though.i cant stand that sleeping across my legs $#@!,it kills my back.

All of my animals play the who can touch mommy the most when they are sleeping. It usually ends up with Jezebel under the covers with me, Caesar laying againist one side of me with his head on my pillow, and Queen on the other side of me. Oh and Jasper (one of the cats) sleeps on my pillow with me with one paw on my face.

But they all have dog beds (even though I have caught Caesar sleeping in the laundry basket) in our bedroom and we kick them off every once in awhile.

Images

Hey now! Yo know darn well it is a treat to wake up to the beautiful Marsha!

I have to say Ms. V. is a very polite little sleeper. We cuddle when we first go to bed and smoosh faces together and such...then Jon comes to bed later and she usually just curls up or stretches out between us.

But to the OP; either enjoy the canoodling or put the dog in the crate and ignore the whining and eventually it will stop. Just establish a routine and stick with it.

my dogs like to sleep one in front of my legs and one behind touching me so i cant roll over when i finally have to move talk about stink eye

Rigby likes to sleep smack in the middle of the bed, regardless of how much I push her over. This is ESPECIALLY true when my boyfriend spends the night - no snuggles for us, cause she's too busy enjoying the comfortable warmth of two human bodies. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, Ringo, the cat, likes to sleep on the bed, too - alternating between the end of the bed and my face.

No lack of body heat in my bed, that's for sure.

I slept on my arm weird one night because Rigby was being a bed hog, and dreamt that the spot where it hurt was filled with spiders. Thanks, pup, for causing insane dreams.

Aww, these posts are too cute.....Cyrus usually sleeps curled up right next to me head on pillow or all up in the small of my back. I sleep on my side and wake up to his big head laying on my neck. Although sometimes he opts for the crate on his own or the top of the stairs in the house. I love my cuddle buddy.......He's always so toasty. But then there are times when he is belly up snoring like a big-ole-bear.
    Last edited by desi254; 11-16-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Images

No body understands this like somebody that has had to literally crawl out from underneath their dogs :rolleyes:

I wish mine were content to just be touching me.... but they enjoy the king size bed, and I usually wake up either pinned underneath them, or hugging the edge of the bed. They also steal my covers and the pillow.... they have no shame!:rolleyes:

I sleep alone so I enjoy it when Dylan sleeps next to me. He usually starts at the end of the bed or next to me but not touching, but when I wake up he's usually curled up next to me with his head on my shoulder.

Your dog is YOUR dog, and if you don't want her sleeping with, then don't allow it! Try leaving her in the crate during the day when no body is home, so you don't have to listen to the whining. Eventually they'll get use to it.

Wow, and here I was going to say I wish I got more snuggles than I do. Nope I'll keep my circulation thanks!

Lily only gets up on the bed the last few hours we're asleep, other than that she seeks out the cold, hard floor. Weirdo.

If its a really good morning she'll woo-woo at me while she's unrolling from her husky ball at my stomach.

Oh!....I love it!! :):) Daisy will try to push you out of bed sometimes though. I just push her back over....lol....She loves to snuggle and be close. :)

my boyfriend and I share a full sized bed (ugh we need to UPGRADE big time LOL!) and Peyton loves to sleep right in between us. We never get to cuddle with eachother before we go to sleep anymore, haha. Puppy curls up into a ball right between us, but eventually stretches out with his back against me (he's an awesome little spoon, LOL) and his feet pushes boyfriend off the bed haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast