Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Question Ew my yard stinks like urine? How do I get rid of the odor?

So, my yard has a disgusting urine odor from my dogs relieving themselves in the same spot over n over again! I can't even play with my kids outside because its disgusting... The houses here are pretty close together and I don't want the neighbors to start complaining. What can I use or do about the odor?

I've never had that problem but try bleaching your yard.

Images
    You can use something like this............

http://www.tractorsupply.com/pet-car...32-oz--2459035

Quote Originally Posted by Prophecy View Post

x2,..I used it at the last house I rented before moving. I just got one bottle to try it out and it worked pretty good.

If only OdoBan made something like this.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prophecy View Post

x2,..I used it at the last house I rented before moving. I just got one bottle to try it out and it worked pretty good. You can also get it Petsmart or Petco.

If only OdoBan made something like this.

they sale all sorts of yard odor removers at petco and petsmart, the natures miracle verson is my fav.

6. Is it a lawn? Just spray it down with water a couple of times a day...

Carla

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagebrush View Post
    Is it a lawn? Just spray it down with water a couple of times a day...

Carla

haha that is what i was thinking too.

we have cement and dirt right now well the dogs like to pee in the dirt so i just hose it down and viola no more pee smell!

Try using Sweet PDZ. We live in an apartment and have our own yard but it's pretty small. The backyard is a sand mixture so we use this at least 2 times a week sprinkled over the urine spots. I used this for my horses and it works great. I also mix it in with my kitty litter to keep the litterbox smelling good. I use the granular kind and get a 40 lb bag for 20 bucks at the feed store.

"Sweet PDZ is an all-natural, non-hazardous and non-toxic mineral. It captures, neutralizes and eliminates harmful levels of ammonia and odors. Sweet PDZ is a far superior alternative to lime products for ammonia removal and moisture absorption"

Sweet PDZ - Safegaurding Your Horse's Health

take the dogs for a walk so they can pee in someone elses yard :D

There is a product that they sell in some pet stores and tractor stores I've used, and we used it this past May when we moved into our new house.

The first thing we did was remove any standing leaves that collected urine, baked it under the sun, and mold/mildew grew with it, too (PU!) Then we bought this stuff. It was green liquid in color. You hook your hose up to it, and then you spray your yard.

The enzymes broke down the urine and old feces in the yard (if there was any.) It doesn't harm your yard nor your dogs, and it is a clean scent (smells like Simple Green...and it could very well BE Simple Green, but that's not the name of it.)

I've used Sweet PDZ in horse stalls before as well. It works :)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by G-X View Post
    take the dogs for a walk so they can pee in someone elses yard :D
    Good suggestion, but unlikely to take 2 dogs for a walk everytime 1 needs to pee! Especially with 2 babies... I think my 2 walks a day are good enough; however, my oldest dog Duke is 1 1/2 and has urinated in the same spot for 3 months! IT STINKS! LoL

problem solved

put hydrogenated lime down. Works every time. A 100 lb bag at the local feedstore runs about $12.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefamily View Post
    put hydrogenated lime down. Works every time. A 100 lb bag at the local feedstore runs about $12.

Lime just masks the odor but doesn't break down the ammonia. Just thought I'd let you know. It's like spraying air freshener around your house. It'll just make it smell nice but the bad smell is still there until you get to the source.

14. Quote Originally Posted by SouthernThistle View Post
    There is a product that they sell in some pet stores and tractor stores I've used, and we used it this past May when we moved into our new house. The first thing we did was remove any standing leaves that collected urine, baked it under the sun, and mold/mildew grew with it, too (PU!) Then we bought this stuff. It was green liquid in color. You hook your hose up to it, and then you spray your yard. The enzymes broke down the urine and old feces in the yard (if there was any.) It doesn't harm your yard nor your dogs, and it is a clean scent (smells like Simple Green...and it could very well BE Simple Green, but that's not the name of it.) I've used Sweet PDZ in horse stalls before as well. It works :)
    What was the name of the product that you hooked up to your hose?Thanks :)

15. We use bleach in a sprayer works pretty good.

16. You don't use bleach on the lawn do you? Is that around chain spots on dirt/gravel? Do the dogs feet get irritated from it?

Carla

for once something that hasnt been crazy. i agree with carla. hose it down.

I would just hose the spot down. Everytime he pees there, hose it down. Water is going to the easiest and cheapest fix.

19. Yes I will use it on the lawn. We generally spray the dogs spots twice a month. We take the dogs off their chains, and put em crates in the house. We leave em inside for about an hour. No it does not irritate their feet.

Images
    We spray our yard down twice a week because of the urine but also because of the spiders. We use natural/organic bug spray first..then hose the whole yard so the bugs get it but the dog doesnt eat the spray and the yard smells like yard :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast