1. Shampoo for dander problem

Does anyone know of a shampoo to use for dander or flaking? Lately my female has had so much on top of her fur. I have been using a ph balanced shampoo that has a .25 % hydrocortisone and still her skin is flaky. :confused: Any suggestions?

Head and Shoulders or NIZORAL but first try adding additional oils to meals. Eggs 2-3 times a week, borage oil, Vit-E, Coconut oil.
    North Atlantic Salmon Oil, have been told to stay away from cod liver oil and use whole fish oil.

Good Luck

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bullful View Post
    Head and Shoulders or NIZORAL but first try adding additional oils to meals. Eggs 2-3 times a week, borage oil, Vit-E, Coconut oil.
    North Atlantic Salmon Oil, have been told to stay away from cod liver oil and use whole fish oil.

Good Luck
    Thank you bullful, which one of the oil supplements would u suggest the most and can they be purchased at a local grocery store or maybe a whole foods?

The flaking is more than likely $#@!ociated with diet. Getting her on the right food will eliminate the dander problem. What are you feeding?

5. she is currently on taste of the wild high prairie formula.

i have this problem with bowzer too. they have a main and tail for dandruff but i dont wash the pooches very often. I recently put Bowzer on coconut oil but yet to see anything amazing, might need to go back to fish oil or both. definitely try a fish oil pill daily tho. when ever i think of dandruff, I often think its more of an 'inner' problem i.e diet ect rather than it being shampoo based. washing too often dries fur out too.

Another good tip is a white vinegar and water rinse, 50/50 mix, after you bathe and allow to dry on the dog. Helps with skin issues.

yep this stuff works great ur absolutely right. I think I used that after Scarlett blew her coat and it worked immensely. you think it would be beneficial for just dandruff?